Games and all things related - Page 72 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 06-13-2011, 03:46 PM   #1066
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,474 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold
Re: Games and all things related

I started to like EA a bit more in '08, when they took gambles on new IPs like Dead Space and Mirrors Edge. I hoped it would be a sign of things to come. Unfortunately, they just want to be like Activision, because that's where the CoD kiddies money is.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Mal (06-14-2011), Miburo (06-13-2011)

Old 06-13-2011, 04:07 PM   #1067
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

Quote:
Interactive advertising could be heading to Kinect-enabled Xbox 360 titles, judging by a new trademark listing.

As spotted by TechCrunch, Microsoft has filed for ownership of something called NUAds.

"Advertising services, namely, promoting and marketing the goods and services of others through online interactive video games by enabling consumers to interact with third-party advertising content through voice or body gestures via computer game console and sensor devices," read the product description.

A potentially interesting move from the platform holder and one that, should it be intrusive, might not sit well with consumers who've already paid a premium for both the hardware and its games.
Also, every fucking gaming thing is being hacked recently, Bethesda said they had had hacking attempts too.
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
Miburo (06-13-2011)
Old 06-13-2011, 04:16 PM   #1068
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

Activision and Capcom are the other two companies that piss me off with the greedy shit.

Edit: What the fuck is that? Ads? That would be hardcore bullshit.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:21 PM   #1069
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

What's wrong with Capcom? They're generally pretty bro-tier IMO. They make some stupid decisions sometimes, but nothing other companies aren't doing. Also, they listen to backlash.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Miburo (06-13-2011)
Old 06-13-2011, 04:46 PM   #1070
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

DLC alt costumes and shit. That's stuff that would have been included in game a few years ago, but is left out now just to make some extra cash. No reason for that kinda shit at all.

I wouldn't go so far as boycotting Capcom or anything, because they create some quality games and really aren't that bad. I just don't buy the DLC. But that kind of shit still pisses me off. I don't care if it's the current trend, it's still greedy as fuck and not cool.

Not suggesting everything DLC related sucks balls. If they're extending the life of the game by creating new content after release, then I'm willing to pay for that shit. No problem, that's totally fair. Just the greedy "subtract shit that should/could be in the game at release to charge extra for" kinda shit is the shit I fucking hate.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:57 PM   #1071
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Oh yeah, the costume stuff was bullshit. But I've never used alt. costumes in MvC or SF before, so I see no reason to start now.
Miburo (06-13-2011)
Old 06-13-2011, 05:10 PM   #1072
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Word. I didn't really give a fuck either. Just the principle of the matter. I don't like those types of business practices.

Having to pay extra for Jill in MvC is probably the only thing that actually effected me. (I didn't buy extra characters. But I would have liked to have me some Jill.)

But I kinda liked how I didn't get RE5 right away, then was later able to get gold edition with all the extra shit instead of having to buy the game and pay for the DLC (I assume everything in gold edition was available as DLC for people who got the game before). I know that people whined about that. But from what I could tell all the DLC was created after release, and the gold edition came out a year later or some shit. So it didn't seem all that unreasonable.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:21 PM   #1073
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Yeah, I actually paid for Jill in MvC3 so I could have a STARS team. Fuck Shuma Gorath though. Never liked him.

I bought the RE5 DLC a lot later than it came out, when it was on sale on XBL. It was worth it, since I play a lot of Mercenaries.
Miburo (06-13-2011)
Old 06-13-2011, 05:28 PM   #1074
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard

Thanked 4,135 Times in 1,403 Posts
LonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi-God View Post
They played 17 hours with the Bounty Hunter in SW:TOR and what most have been saying is that it's qualities are more based for a single-player RPG and it doesn't work too well as an MMO.
See, I'm perfectly fine with that. Galaxies was shit, but it had the same dealio, too. People jump on the questing bandwagon and away they go. Hopefully TOR fixes the "lol, killed the target for our mission, so you have to wait ten minutes for him to respawn" issue that plagued Galaxies (seriously, fuck Galaxies). But if they didn't address that issue, no real big deal. Just means I get to play more TOR with my band of merry men, which I've been looking forward to almost as much as playing a Star Wars MMO that isn't Galaxies and is made by BioWare.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:30 PM   #1075
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Fucking love me some Mercenaryin'

Hey, that Fallout: New Vegas. I know it's awesome because I remember you guys talking about how goddamn manly it was and shit. Saw that shit for 20 bucks new, no sales or anything, at gamestop recently. I didn't get it because I remember fallout 3 freezing and shit on me all the time. Was worried this was somehow worse, because why so fucking cheap?

Edit: TOR-Everyone on here that is getting that is going Empire side, right?
The Following User Says Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
Servo (06-13-2011)
Old 06-13-2011, 05:33 PM   #1076
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard

Thanked 4,135 Times in 1,403 Posts
LonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura about

New Vegas does get pretty hardcore glitchy. Unless the game disc is utterly broken, though, it's a fantastic game. Sometimes glitches even help you, like cazadores are stuck in a rock and can't get you. Other times glitches butt fuck you, like cazadores being underground and can attack you, but you can't fight back.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:00 PM   #1077
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

New Vegas is glitchiest on the PS3, it's had the most patches on that format. 360 is the least glitchy, generally speaking. Obviously the best way to run the game is on a manly PC, but I've played countless hours on 360 and it's been enjoyable as hell for me. If you're thinking of playing PS3, it should be fine by now, the number of updates it's had. Just save a lot in different spaces. But it's Fallout, you should do that anyway.

And yeah, me and LN are playing Empire or Sith or whatever it is. I have no allegiance, I just want to kill aliens and drink fine space-rum.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Miburo (06-13-2011), Servo (06-13-2011)
Old 06-13-2011, 06:15 PM   #1078
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

But will you shoot first?

No idea if I'll end up with TOR, but I'd go future Empire side... if only to bring it down from within. I think I could run a galactic empire better than old crater face.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Miburo (06-13-2011), Nerox (06-14-2011)
Old 06-13-2011, 06:17 PM   #1079
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Ah, okay. Thanks comrades. If they're actually patching that shit then anything majorly gamebreaking should be gone by now, you would think. Fuck yeah.

And awesome. My bro and his friend are planning on getting TOR and going bad guy side. I assume only bad dudes can play with other bad dudes. Nice to have all the manliest mother fuckers able to team up and break faces.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
Nerox (06-14-2011), Servo (06-13-2011)
Old 06-13-2011, 07:08 PM   #1080
Servo
Mega User

Thanked 2,417 Times in 1,045 Posts
Servo will become famous soon enoughServo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
Fucking love me some Mercenaryin'

Hey, that Fallout: New Vegas. I know it's awesome because I remember you guys talking about how goddamn manly it was and shit. Saw that shit for 20 bucks new, no sales or anything, at gamestop recently. I didn't get it because I remember fallout 3 freezing and shit on me all the time. Was worried this was somehow worse, because why so fucking cheap?

Edit: TOR-Everyone on here that is getting that is going Empire side, right?
Yeah for 20 bucks, New Vegas is worth it, glitches and all. Just save frequently. I played mine on the 360, it would only freeze very rarely, and there would be other random glitches, but I've heard all different accounts of glitch frequency. But again, $20 isn't much of a gamble for such considerable lengthy gameplay.

Servo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Servo For This Useful Post:
Miburo (06-13-2011)