Remember remember the 25th of January - Page 6 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 02-12-2011, 10:02 AM   #76
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Remember remember the 25th of January

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjalostboy95 View Post
Ignorant? how? I was misinformed, not my fault
Holy shit, MAN UP. Who's fault would it be if you're misinformed (ignorant), too stupid to realize it, too lazy to do a small amount of research on subjects you don't know shit about before saying shit about them, and too much of a pussy to take responsibility for your own extremely obvious shortcomings?

That's on you, little guy. Totally 100% your fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyNinja View Post
I think FTP deserves credit for the Egyptian revolution. I mean, think about it: Egypt put up with Mubarak's shit for thirty years. Then Nero/anwar/whatever, an Egyptian, stumbles upon the forum and realizes the glorious power of revolution via FTP. We all know Egyptians (or Middle Easterners, for those uber-racists) have a very adept hivemind, and so the lessons and methodologies of FTP spread into the minds of every Egyptian (minus Mubarak because he is, essentially, Tom). Armed with the knowledge of freedom and the weapon of justice, the Egyptians rattled their shackles and broke their way free, eventually kicking out Mubarak a.k.a. Tom a.k.a. Furfaggot.

They are even now facing the likelihood of their leadership being replaced by a worse entity (Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt's case, Fandom Furfaggotry in the forum's case).
So, another glorious victory for FTP? Fuck yeah!
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
Kina (02-12-2011), kluang (02-12-2011), Mal (02-12-2011), Tabris (02-12-2011), UchihaTaijiya (02-13-2011)

Old 02-12-2011, 10:14 AM   #77
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Hey guys, let's not be too hard on NLB. It's not like he has access to an inhuman mountain of information at his finger tips. >_>

I do give him credit for trying though. My general memory tells me all fifteen year olds are generally "idiots" but most are immersed only in what comes within 20 feet of them... so the fact that he's willing to discuss is something deserves a little respect.

Note: "idiots" is my way of saying that many will grow out of it. Reach for the stars NLB; reach for the stars.

Last edited by ACt; 02-12-2011 at 10:50 AM.
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Mal (02-12-2011), Miburo (02-12-2011), ninjalostboy95 (02-12-2011), Tabris (02-12-2011), UchihaTaijiya (02-13-2011)
Old 02-12-2011, 11:18 AM   #78
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

That's too nice. Stupid, unmanly kids shouldn't be praised for attempting to participate, because odds are they'll just grow up to be stupid, unmanly adults who will think participating in shit is a good thing. Which it totally isn't. I like stupid people who know they're stupid and keep their stupid mouths shut. It'd be way better if dudes were like "You know, I'm way too stupid to be voting." or "I'm a real idiot, maybe I shouldn't have kids."
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (02-12-2011), Mal (02-12-2011), Tabris (02-12-2011), UchihaTaijiya (02-13-2011)
Old 02-12-2011, 11:34 AM   #79
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Yes, but if we don't encourage them to even be stupid on important issues when their brains still have a high level of plasticity that we can shape and improve upon, we'll be far worse off when they decide they want to participate when they are stupid and set in their ways. Encourage learning, even if it is harsh and mean. The only problem we have is if they don't learn.
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (02-12-2011), kael03 (02-12-2011), Mal (02-12-2011), Miburo (02-12-2011), Tabris (02-12-2011), UchihaTaijiya (02-13-2011)
Old 02-12-2011, 11:55 AM   #80
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

Kids are like white cloth, we can paint manly pic on it so it can be manly.

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kluang For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (02-12-2011), Jaxon (02-12-2011), Miburo (02-12-2011), UchihaTaijiya (02-13-2011), Vanity (02-12-2011)
Old 02-12-2011, 01:41 PM   #81
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkamaruChewtoy View Post
Yes, but if we don't encourage them to even be stupid on important issues when their brains still have a high level of plasticity that we can shape and improve upon, we'll be far worse off when they decide they want to participate when they are stupid and set in their ways. Encourage learning, even if it is harsh and mean. The only problem we have is if they don't learn.
We are of same mind in that regard, comrade. I would be quick to praise intelligence and manliness should those attributes be exhibited, just as I mock the stupid and/or unmanly.

However, I'm firmly against encouraging stupidity in any situation. To give credit for effort is erroneous. Because it takes no effort to voice ignorant opinions. Such actions deserve only condemnation.

One must desire to improve before any improvements are to be made. Leniency towards stupidity and cowardice does not encourage change of character. Unpleasantness via harsh criticism, however, does. No one enjoys being rightfully called a moron or a pussy, after all. And it is human nature to avoid unpleasantness. A person of any worth will look past the minor blow to their ego and strive to improve. Those without desire to improve would not have improved regardless of method, but will eventually still try to avoid the unpleasantness of being constantly and justifiably insulted. Win-win.

Edit: For example, I used to be a wrestling coach. I could do nothing with a kid who didn't want to be better. Except, of course, try to get him to want to get better. Kind words usually fell to deaf ears in that regard. What actually worked best was to just wait till he lost a match or two. Then point out that it was his lack of effort in practice that caused it. If he would have just trained harder then opponents like that would have been easy wins.

At the same time, I'd openly praise those who worked hard, even if they lost. They did everything the could possibly do, and it was obvious to everyone. No shame in that. And since I wasn't one to give false or unwarranted praise, my compliments held much more worth.

Did shitty kids always heed my advice? Nope. Some would still think they're good enough, or they would get mad that I told them they weren't trying hard enough. If they want to go through life sucking at everything, then no skin off my back. Because they still had a use. As the hardworking ones easily surpassed the ones with shit attitudes, or the pansy kids would quit, everyone else on the team realized that what I said was true. The pussies served as an example for the rest. Another win.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
ACt (02-13-2011), Tabris (02-12-2011), UchihaTaijiya (02-13-2011)
Old 02-12-2011, 03:56 PM   #82
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
To give credit for effort is erroneous.
This. Absolutely this.

I recently finished reading Screwtape Proposes a Toast by C. S. Lewis, and I recommend it to everyone. It is a "religious" writing in that it is written from the perspective of a demon, but it raises many excellent points about society. First and foremost, was that "Democracy does not want great men."

The idea of equality is, I believe, one of the most misunderstood concepts today. People are not born equal, but society struggles to "rectify" this. Equality should end at rights, not extend to abilities. Those who excel are often ignored while those who trail are given more attention so that they may be like everyone else; that they may be equal.

I am terribly simplifying it, so I'm going to reiterate my recommendation to read it.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
Miburo (02-12-2011), UchihaTaijiya (02-13-2011)
Old 02-12-2011, 04:48 PM   #83
Tabris
Sexy Lady

Thanked 4,329 Times in 1,961 Posts
Tabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really nice

I want wrestling lessons with mibs!

As a person i do want to be seen as a truely gifted individual, so "rectified equality" doesn't apeal to me, because then my tallent is a, to some extent, a flaw, which i then rub in untallented peopels faces, just by being better naturally.

I may not be good at everything; I KNOW that i am not as strong as a man, i understand that I am not very big as well. But there are things i am good at, and i'd liek to be nutured and have those skills honed, so i can be the best i can be.
This, of course does not mean ignoring the untallented, or handicapped individuals, but do not try to make them as good as your best pupil, it can't and wont happen, and you are wasting the gifted pupils time.

Also, that's why children are becoming more stupid with each generation
Oh don't give them a failing grade, they will be picked on and they will be humiliated and it might hurt their feelings.
Hurt their feelings?
you know what i say about that?
Pain is weakness leaving the body
No one changes their ways without consequences, or instructions that explain that there is a better way, or that they are doing it incorrectly.

TL;DR: In my, admittedly uneducated opinion;
Equality is bullshit
gifted people should be nurtured and honed
women are not the same as men

Last edited by Tabris; 02-12-2011 at 04:50 PM.
Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tabris For This Useful Post:
Miburo (02-12-2011), UchihaTaijiya (02-13-2011)
Old 02-12-2011, 05:06 PM   #84
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,719 Times in 3,843 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

Holy crap, tabs. The purple and red text hurts my eyes >_<
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
Miburo (02-12-2011), Tabris (02-12-2011), UchihaTaijiya (02-13-2011)
Old 02-12-2011, 05:08 PM   #85
ninjalostboy95
Moe game on point

Thanked 4,706 Times in 2,857 Posts
ninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
Holy shit, MAN UP. Who's fault would it be if you're misinformed (ignorant), too stupid to realize it, too lazy to do a small amount of research on subjects you don't know shit about before saying shit about them, and too much of a pussy to take responsibility for your own extremely obvious shortcomings?

That's on you, little guy. Totally 100% your fault.
Alright, calm down. I got it from the news, the only source available to me. Sorry, I just can't go google everything. Did you miss the part that I already admitted I was wrong?

Quote:
I lol'd. I was watching channel 5 fox news or channel 7 news, one of them, while doing my HW so I may have messed up on the military about some civilians being gunned down or beaten.
No need for all the flaming, you obviously have something against me.
ninjalostboy95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 05:16 PM   #86
ninjalostboy95
Moe game on point

ninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerox View Post
And how is being misinformed not your fault? You could easily inform yourself before entering a discussion. So I'd say it is your fault, and only yours. And I think "naive" is rather fitting, I'd say that to every 15 year old, simply because most of them only care about video games, music and shit, and don't have an interest in the world of politics.
I'm not most. You are right though, I don't have an interest in the world of politics and it was totally my fault for being misinformed.
Old 02-12-2011, 06:33 PM   #87
Nerox
Mah'alleinir

Thanked 2,674 Times in 1,264 Posts
Nerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I'm not most. You are right though, I don't have an interest in the world of politics
So in the point I made, you are like most of them. And if you have no interest in that topic, you can easily be mocked when you write things like "I know that political shit" (not 100% accurate, I am lazy righ now). Just some pointers for future arguments you might have. If you write stupid shit like that, people who are familiar with the topic will call you out on shit. And because we are a forum, there are many people who will call you out on multiple topics, where they are knowledgeable in. That's the reason why I don't participate in the MMA discussions with Mibs, Servo and Manta, for example.

Also, I believe the english proverb goes like this: A fault confessed is half redressed. Remember that young padawan.
Nerox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nerox For This Useful Post:
Mal (02-13-2011), Miburo (02-12-2011), ninjalostboy95 (02-12-2011), UchihaTaijiya (02-13-2011)
Old 02-12-2011, 06:45 PM   #88
ninjalostboy95
Moe game on point

I wasn't speaking Egypt but generally, as in forms of government and events that occurred in Europe/Western hemisphere. But whatever, I was wrong. At least you aren't being a dick about it, so I have this new found respect for you.
Old 02-12-2011, 07:25 PM   #89
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Quote:
Alright, calm down. I got it from the news, the only source available to me. Sorry, I just can't go google everything. Did you miss the part that I already admitted I was wrong?

No need for all the flaming, you obviously have something against me.
I am calm. Thanks for worrying about me though, I guess. You're on the internet, there are other TV stations, newspapers still exist, etc. That wasn't your only source of information available to you. That was the only source you used. There is a difference. Also, no reason you couldn't have googled this shit. Unless you're going to suggest that your stupid little phone can't google, but can come to this website.

Notice how you continue to make excuses? And did you miss the part where you said it "wasn't your fault?" That was the part of your post I addressed. Not accepting blame for your own ignorance is pretty much the exact opposite of admitting to being wrong. Unless you're not talking about what I was talking about, in which case it doesn't matter.

There is no need for you to post stupid shit either, but that obviously doesn't stop you from doing it. I don't know what you're trying to imply with the "you have something against me" thing. You post stupid shit, I address your posts. Whatever imaginary grudge you might think I have against you is just that: imaginary. You're not going to get any less stupid by whining about how mean I am. Man up, and quit sucking so much if you don't like it.

Also, Tab & Mal <3
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
Mal (02-13-2011), Tabris (02-12-2011), UchihaTaijiya (02-13-2011)
Old 02-12-2011, 07:59 PM   #90
ninjalostboy95
Moe game on point

Actually no. I was on my aunt's computer and google was a restricted site and she told me not to go into "Internet options" because she knows I know how to make it unrestricted. I'm saying lately, you've been circling around me to flame me every chance you get, unprovoked, which is pretty annoying from my point of view(Hop off already, damn.) Like when you told me "Shut up, retard" when I was completely right about the physics thing. But whatever, I'm a stupid, ignorant, failure of a child who shouldn't be in any conversation with the big dogs.

@Tabris: Gifted? According to my teachers I am due to me getting the highest score, but they teach the wrong shit sometimes. I don't bring up academics anymore because someone might start flaming me again and I'm too unmanly to deal with that.

Last edited by ninjalostboy95; 02-12-2011 at 08:04 PM.