Lol Bieber and his legion of Zombie tweens. - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > World News

World News Post and discuss news articles on recent world events here!

Old 02-14-2011, 04:48 PM   #1
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,274 Times in 2,924 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all
Lol Bieber and his legion of Zombie tweens.

Allow me explain that the reason for me posting this in this section, is that due to Justin Bieber basically being every fucking where, forcing all of us to being exposed to the weird sound that comes out of his mouth, what happened at the grammys ( some might already know this but it is still hilarious ) must be considered of world importance.

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2011/02...corned/?hpt=C1
Quote:
Justin Bieber's legions of followers were shaking their heads in dis-Belieb last night after jazz artist Esperanza Spalding beat the teen idol as the Grammy awards' best new artist. Shortly afterward, they took to Twitter to voice their dissatisfaction.

"Wow… #bieberwasrobbed. He so should have won best new artist!! No one even knows who this spalding chick is," wrote @victoryapl, and @mattdgren echoed her sentiment: "I've never heard of Esperanza Fever."

@sarajoallocco noted, "Best New Artist should now be called Artist You'll Never Hear From Again," while @EugeneRamirez perhaps summed it up best: "The Grammy judges better watch their backs! A bunch of tween girls are out to get you now!"

But the disses didn't stop there. Some fans also went to Spalding's Wikipedia page and added entries that were considerably more irate, including this sentiment: "She now has the 2011 Grammy for being the Best new Artist! Even though no one has ever heard of her! Yay!" (At the time of this post, Spalding's Wiki page - which had been down for a bit - was back up, and reflected a more reasonable tone. "On Thursday 2 December 2010, Spalding became a Grammy nominee for 'Best New Artist,'" the page reads under "Critical Reception." On February 13, Esperanza won the Grammy for Best New Artist.")

If people didn't know who Spalding was last night, they certainly do today. As of this morning, her name was a trending topic on Twitter and reaction has been a bit more kind.

"Her name is Esperanza Spalding. That's like... a Disney Princess and a basketball," wrote @kingsleyyy. "But congrats to her."

When reached for comment, Spalding's rep told CNN that the reaction is "a shame, really. Justin [Bieber] was very, very nice. They met at the AP
booth...he was very gracious and they had a nice chat."
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dagoro For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (02-14-2011), KillerNN (02-14-2011)

Old 02-14-2011, 04:58 PM   #2
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,718 Times in 3,842 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Lol Bieber and his legion of Zombie tweens.

I'll comment with a quote a friend made on facebook:

Quote:
The Grammy Awards are an absolutely terrible waste of time and money. That being said, it's nice to see an actual band win an award over industry-controlled pop automatons and whatever the hell Lady Gaga actually is.
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (02-14-2011), EphemeralStar (02-22-2011), Miburo (02-14-2011)
Old 02-14-2011, 05:04 PM   #3
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Meh, Mumford & Sons should have won. Also, Arcade Fire - fuck yeah, Canada.

Quote:
"Wow… #bieberwasrobbed. He so should have won best new artist!! No one even knows who this spalding chick is," wrote @victoryapl, and @mattdgren echoed her sentiment: "I've never heard of Esperanza Fever."
Just goes to show you, the world is ever becoming one of "who you know" not "how good you are." Kids just don't understand life is not a popularity contest.
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (02-14-2011), Demi-God (02-15-2011), kael03 (02-14-2011), Mal (02-14-2011), Miburo (02-14-2011), Spiegel (02-14-2011), stubborn_d0nkey (02-14-2011), That1CheezyGuy (02-14-2011), Uchiha09 (02-17-2011)
Old 02-14-2011, 05:15 PM   #4
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

This is a glimmering ray of hope among the endless dark truth that is tween girls dictating what " good music " is defined as now and days. For the most part at least.
Old 02-14-2011, 05:16 PM   #5
xxMESTxx
EffYouSeeKay

xxMESTxx will become famous soon enoughxxMESTxx will become famous soon enoughxxMESTxx will become famous soon enough

god.. this little kid is ridiculous. hes got like what, another year or so before his voice changes and he drops off the face of the earth? cant wait.

off topic question for you guys, If you had to pick a fan base that was more annoying, would you say A) Justin Bieber fans
or B) Twilight Edward vs Jacob fans

for some reason they both annoy the piss out of me.

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." -M. K. Gandhi
xxMESTxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 05:17 PM   #6
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

I lol'd at "Best New Artist should now be called Artist You'll Never Hear From Again," because Hanson, The Backstreet Boys, Nsync, 98 Degrees and The Jonas Brothers are simply swimming in popularity these days.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
ACt (02-14-2011), kluang (02-14-2011), Miburo (02-14-2011), That1CheezyGuy (02-14-2011)
Old 02-14-2011, 05:24 PM   #7
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
I lol'd at "Best New Artist should now be called Artist You'll Never Hear From Again," because Hanson, The Backstreet Boys, Nsync, 98 Degrees and The Jonas Brothers are simply swimming in popularity these days.
That's the thing with Pop music, it's a major fad. I'll quote Rob Zombie from Mayhem Fest last year when he was commenting on how all of these pop groups were canceling shows left and right, while metal tours were going strong "So, to all of you pop groups: You. Have. No. True. Fans."
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
ACt (02-14-2011), ask me anything (02-14-2011), Mal (02-14-2011), Miburo (02-14-2011), Nerox (02-14-2011), That1CheezyGuy (02-14-2011)
Old 02-14-2011, 05:24 PM   #8
stubborn_d0nkey
Kage

Thanked 3,903 Times in 2,129 Posts
stubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoro View Post
Allow me explain that the reason for me posting this in this section, is that due to Justin Bieber basically being every fucking where
that doesnt mean you had to bring him here

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Quotes for noobs (learn how to break up a quote)
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future
So you can post the second bit and i shouldnt be allowed to if i dont tell you? Why be so rude?

Anyways, here is a quotes for noobs guide

1. A basic quote

[*QUOTE][*/QUOTE]

(the * need to be removed for it to work, I put them in so you can see the text) is a basic quote that just wraps something in a quote without saying who quoted it who quoted so

[*QUOTE]this is a quote[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
this is a quote

Edit: there is a button for this, it looks like a speech bubble. If you select text and then press the button the selected text will automatically be wrapped with the quote tag

2. A quote that says who said it

[*QUOTE=who said it][*/QUOTE] this adds who said the post, manually putting that there can be useful when quoting something external. Example:

[*QUOTE=Mangastream]Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangastream
Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us
3. A quote that says who said it and links to the post where it was said

[*QUOTE=who said it;X][*/QUOTE]

Where X is the post number.

For the post that i originally quoted it would look like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]

That is what you get when you press the quote button.

4. Breaking up a quote

Now that you know how quotes work it all boils down to preference, how you want it to look like and how you want to do it.

One way of doing it is copying the latter part of the original quote [*/QUOTE] and then pasting it after each section you break up, write your reply, choose the text you want then paste it after that portion, repeat till you finish the go back and copy then paste the first part of the text at the beginning of each portion of text. Of course you can immediately copy and paste both parts of a poste so that you dont forget one in the end.

The end result would be something like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Which without any * would look like

Quote:
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4

Another way of doing it would be to cut and paste the second part of the quote tag after the first section of text you want to seperate then write your reply select the second part and hit he quote button (it looks like a text bubble),if you do that without anything else the end result would be

My reply 1
[*QUOTE] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Which would look like

Quote:
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
my reply 2
Quote:
my reply 3
Quote:
my reply 4

To make it like the previous example (which wpuld be preferred, though not necessary ) copy the part that says who posted with the link to the post and paste it accordingly to the proper part in each first half of each quote tag. In my I would copy =minato uchiha;2118164 and paste it where the # is
[*QUOTE#] to get [*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] (of course with the * removed)

Of course you can use any other method you like to get to the end result, but now that you know what the end rwsult looks like I think there shouldnt be any problems
stubborn_d0nkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stubborn_d0nkey For This Useful Post:
kael03 (02-14-2011), That1CheezyGuy (02-14-2011)
Old 02-14-2011, 05:28 PM   #9
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Quote:
Justin Bieber basically being every fucking where,
There's one place he isn't, but he should be...

The barrel end of a sniper rifle.
The Following User Says Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
That1CheezyGuy (02-14-2011)
Old 02-14-2011, 05:33 PM   #10
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Quote:
that doesnt mean you had to bring him here
Open your eyes, he has been here for years. Who do you think posts under the name of KYF ?
The Following User Says Thank You to Dagoro For This Useful Post:
xxMESTxx (02-14-2011)
Old 02-14-2011, 05:34 PM   #11
stubborn_d0nkey
Kage

Thanked 3,903 Times in 2,129 Posts
stubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the rough

^dont insult kyf like that

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Quotes for noobs (learn how to break up a quote)
Quote:
Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future
So you can post the second bit and i shouldnt be allowed to if i dont tell you? Why be so rude?

Anyways, here is a quotes for noobs guide

1. A basic quote

[*QUOTE][*/QUOTE]

(the * need to be removed for it to work, I put them in so you can see the text) is a basic quote that just wraps something in a quote without saying who quoted it who quoted so

[*QUOTE]this is a quote[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
this is a quote

Edit: there is a button for this, it looks like a speech bubble. If you select text and then press the button the selected text will automatically be wrapped with the quote tag

2. A quote that says who said it

[*QUOTE=who said it][*/QUOTE] this adds who said the post, manually putting that there can be useful when quoting something external. Example:

[*QUOTE=Mangastream]Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangastream
Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us
3. A quote that says who said it and links to the post where it was said

[*QUOTE=who said it;X][*/QUOTE]

Where X is the post number.

For the post that i originally quoted it would look like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]

That is what you get when you press the quote button.

4. Breaking up a quote

Now that you know how quotes work it all boils down to preference, how you want it to look like and how you want to do it.

One way of doing it is copying the latter part of the original quote [*/QUOTE] and then pasting it after each section you break up, write your reply, choose the text you want then paste it after that portion, repeat till you finish the go back and copy then paste the first part of the text at the beginning of each portion of text. Of course you can immediately copy and paste both parts of a poste so that you dont forget one in the end.

The end result would be something like this

My reply 1
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Which without any * would look like

Quote:
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
my reply 2
Quote:
my reply 3
Quote:
my reply 4

Another way of doing it would be to cut and paste the second part of the quote tag after the first section of text you want to seperate then write your reply select the second part and hit he quote button (it looks like a text bubble),if you do that without anything else the end result would be

My reply 1
[*QUOTE] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Which would look like

Quote:
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
my reply 2
Quote:
my reply 3
Quote:
my reply 4

To make it like the previous example (which wpuld be preferred, though not necessary ) copy the part that says who posted with the link to the post and paste it accordingly to the proper part in each first half of each quote tag. In my I would copy =minato uchiha;2118164 and paste it where the # is
[*QUOTE#] to get [*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] (of course with the * removed)

Of course you can use any other method you like to get to the end result, but now that you know what the end rwsult looks like I think there shouldnt be any problems
stubborn_d0nkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 06:23 PM   #12
xxMESTxx
EffYouSeeKay

xxMESTxx will become famous soon enoughxxMESTxx will become famous soon enoughxxMESTxx will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Open your eyes, he has been here for years. Who do you think posts under the name of KYF ?
got a kick out of that one ^^

i dont see kyf posts like i used to though. I remember when almost every thread i read had some kind of kyf vs myth debate flooding the place.

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." -M. K. Gandhi
xxMESTxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 06:32 PM   #13
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,771 Times in 928 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

I'll comment my friend, "I'll start watching the Grammy's once it becomes about music again". I didn't watch it because I knew shit like this would happen. Either way, lolololz at beaver fans.
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:17 PM   #14
Nerox
Mah'alleinir

Thanked 2,674 Times in 1,264 Posts
Nerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
That's the thing with Pop music, it's a major fad. I'll quote Rob Zombie from Mayhem Fest last year when he was commenting on how all of these pop groups were canceling shows left and right, while metal tours were going strong "So, to all of you pop groups: You. Have. No. True. Fans."
All hail to Metal and Rock.
Nerox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Nerox For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (02-14-2011), kael03 (02-14-2011), kluang (02-14-2011), Mal (02-14-2011), Miburo (02-14-2011), Numinous (02-15-2011), stubborn_d0nkey (02-15-2011), Uchiha09 (02-17-2011)
Old 02-14-2011, 07:37 PM   #15
Freshgrease
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Thanked 1,005 Times in 546 Posts
Freshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to all

Oh noes! Beiber didn't win an award! I'm like so devestated! lulz His time in the sun is fading. Soon he will be doing the Lohan (assuming he hasn't already amiright) by which I mean drug hoarding and stealing shit.
Freshgrease is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Freshgrease For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (02-14-2011), Miburo (02-14-2011), stubborn_d0nkey (02-15-2011)