A word from Kishi - Page 18 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums



Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2011, 09:25 PM   #256
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing
 
ask me anything's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Impel Down
Posts: 3,195
Thanks: 9,030
Thanked 3,648 Times in 1,597 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice
Re: A word from Kishi

You got to look at the emotional aspect of the choice. Is it fair to choose someone who has lived a long life over a kid who has yet to do so? People are emotional creatures, and usually those emotions override our logical reasoning. I'm don't know who I would choose, until I was put in that situation, and I'd bet most people would be the same.

Also consider the state of mind of the 2 victims. Would the old man give up his life to save the kid? Would the kids crying compel you to save him out of guilt? What if one of them were mentally handicapped? Would that change your view of their self worth?
__________________


Last edited by ask me anything; 03-03-2011 at 09:33 PM.
ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ask me anything For This Useful Post:
KillerNN (03-03-2011), Sensei-Q (03-04-2011)


Old 03-03-2011, 09:28 PM   #257
KillerNN
Λυρικής Σκέψεις
 
KillerNN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Tampa,Florida
Posts: 2,083
Thanks: 3,563
Thanked 4,304 Times in 1,967 Posts
KillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura about
Re: A word from Kishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AniMeFaN View Post
i dont even know what your questions mean or have to do with what were talking about. a human being is still dying so neither life could be worth more?
Exactly. Whether young (possibly more IMPORTANT) or old, the lives hold the same amount of value. As Shrike said, a human can be superior to another human, but he/she is still a human whose life holds as much value as a beggar.

@Ama I agree with that.
__________________
Call me out on my stupid shit, and I'll return the favor.
If you leave me rep, put your name so I can rep you back.
The Cap'n

This is what the devil plays before he goes to sleep
some food for thought, this food for death
go ahead and fucking eat
my fathers dead, but I don't know we'll never fucking meet
I cut my wrists and play piano because I'm so depressed
somebody call the pastor this bastard is so possessed
this meetings just begun, nigga I'm satan's son..
KillerNN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KillerNN For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (03-03-2011), ninjalostboy95 (03-03-2011), Sensei-Q (03-04-2011)
Old 03-03-2011, 09:37 PM   #258
AniMeFaN
Chuunin
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 717
Thanks: 103
Thanked 195 Times in 128 Posts
AniMeFaN is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: A word from Kishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerNN View Post
Exactly. Whether young (possibly more IMPORTANT) or old, the lives hold the same amount of value. As Shrike said, a human can be superior to another human, but he/she is still a human whose life holds as much value as a beggar.

@Ama I agree with that.
you keep saying its all equal but you dont base it off anything, i am actually basing it off something. im basing it on VALUE.
AniMeFaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:40 PM   #259
KillerNN
Λυρικής Σκέψεις
 
KillerNN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Tampa,Florida
Posts: 2,083
Thanks: 3,563
Thanked 4,304 Times in 1,967 Posts
KillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura about
Re: A word from Kishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AniMeFaN View Post
you keep saying its all equal but you dont base it off anything, i am actually basing it off something. im basing it on VALUE.
What fucking value? What value does that 8 year old have that the 80 year old doesn't? By your fucked up logic, if you needed a specific kidney but an NFL football player also needed it (and believe me, this guy is an assholedouchebag to the max) he deserves to have it because of his potential "value" to the world. I call bullshit dude.

Edit: And believe me, he has bank. He could buy it over you any day. Is his life worth more than yours, because he has more money? How do you determine another human's VALUE in life?
__________________
Call me out on my stupid shit, and I'll return the favor.
If you leave me rep, put your name so I can rep you back.
The Cap'n

This is what the devil plays before he goes to sleep
some food for thought, this food for death
go ahead and fucking eat
my fathers dead, but I don't know we'll never fucking meet
I cut my wrists and play piano because I'm so depressed
somebody call the pastor this bastard is so possessed
this meetings just begun, nigga I'm satan's son..

Last edited by KillerNN; 03-03-2011 at 09:44 PM.
KillerNN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KillerNN For This Useful Post:
ninjalostboy95 (03-03-2011), Sensei-Q (03-04-2011)
Old 03-03-2011, 09:46 PM   #260
AniMeFaN
Chuunin
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 717
Thanks: 103
Thanked 195 Times in 128 Posts
AniMeFaN is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: A word from Kishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerNN View Post
What fucking value? What value does that 8 year old have that the 80 year old doesn't? By your fucked up logic, if you needed a specific kidney but an NFL football player also needed it (and believe me, this guy is an assholedouchebag to the max) he deserves to have it because of his potential "value" to the world. I call bullshit dude.
the 8 year old has time,potential,health,etc, im pretty sure theres a wait list for kidneys. i can assure you if that football players life was ont the line with anotehr person i wouldnt factor in him being a football player.

hows about 5 people get trapped on an island which they will all die on if they dont get off of within a week. 1 guy knows how to get off in a week. whos life do you think is the most valueable of the group or are they all equal.
while on that island his life is the most valueable, when off it might not be the case because value changes.
AniMeFaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:48 PM   #261
AniMeFaN
Chuunin
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 717
Thanks: 103
Thanked 195 Times in 128 Posts
AniMeFaN is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: A word from Kishi

anybody else have a take, AC maybe i see youre reading?
AniMeFaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:57 PM   #262
KillerNN
Λυρικής Σκέψεις
 
KillerNN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Tampa,Florida
Posts: 2,083
Thanks: 3,563
Thanked 4,304 Times in 1,967 Posts
KillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura about
Re: A word from Kishi

If you truly believe that your life is more valuable than others, and there are others with lives more valuable than yours, I'm sorry that you were mindfucked.

That scenario is horrible, because if he actually cared he would share the information. Of course their lives are all equal, because he knows information does that make him more valuable to the world in any way? Value is a perception, like ( no offense, I like you and all) you're not valuable to me. But my Mother is one of the few people who is. You can't judge a man's value, because its your opinion. That little island, will have no effect on anyone else that isn't on it whatsoever. By your logic, younger people, people with money and power, and people with information are more valuable than your "average" human.

Lets use the herp derp scenario, but differently. I hate Shrike, and have some information on Shrike that I could spread, so he does what I bid ( ). That information is valuable to him, but would some dude in China give a fuck about that information? No. So am I a more "valuable" person because I have some information? Fuck no.

Because I am younger than you, I am a more valuable life? If I died, and you died, the amount of human loss is different? No. We are both still fucking humans that died.

To the apple scenario, is an apple that is bigger than another apple more valuable to us? Of course it is. But what about someone who likes smaller apples, or someone who likes rotten apples, the value of the larger apple is shit. Its opinion. It is all opinion.

/ˈvæl yu/ Show Spelled [val-yoo] Show IPA noun, verb, -ued, -u·ing. –noun. 1. relative worth, merit, or importance
The worth of that apple to me is high, but to someone else who is allergic to apples it is close to none holding no value. There is no universal value, something like life should be valued the same.

Double Edit: Here is another example. My penis is larger than yours. Yes, that is fact.
But not all woman want a large beautiful penis like mine, what if she likes skinny sharpie penis? My penis holds no value to her while yours and 85% of the forum's penises do. Do you get it? If not, fuck it. I tried and I need some fucking Chai Tea but I am out.
__________________
Call me out on my stupid shit, and I'll return the favor.
If you leave me rep, put your name so I can rep you back.
The Cap'n

This is what the devil plays before he goes to sleep
some food for thought, this food for death
go ahead and fucking eat
my fathers dead, but I don't know we'll never fucking meet
I cut my wrists and play piano because I'm so depressed
somebody call the pastor this bastard is so possessed
this meetings just begun, nigga I'm satan's son..

Last edited by KillerNN; 03-03-2011 at 10:05 PM.
KillerNN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KillerNN For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (03-03-2011), ninjalostboy95 (03-03-2011), Sensei-Q (03-04-2011)
Old 03-03-2011, 10:10 PM   #263
AniMeFaN
Chuunin
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 717
Thanks: 103
Thanked 195 Times in 128 Posts
AniMeFaN is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: A word from Kishi

information has value, if you have information others do not it could be very valueable depending on the information. if its about shrikes personal life then no offense to shrike its not going to have much value. if its the details of a future terrorist attack its is very valueable.

if you and only you have information/ability that can save the lives of the 4 people with you on an island that would die other wise, that makes your life at the time more valueable. they would risk theres to keep you alive.
AniMeFaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:15 PM   #264
KillerNN
Λυρικής Σκέψεις
 
KillerNN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Tampa,Florida
Posts: 2,083
Thanks: 3,563
Thanked 4,304 Times in 1,967 Posts
KillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura about
Re: A word from Kishi

But is the actual life more valuable than another human?
Obviously, you truly do not understand. I will use one more example.

A guy has sex with his best friends girlfriend, and she doesn't want him to tell, but he can if he wants. His life is more valuable than a random man in Africa because he has some information the African man doesn't?
Please don't be ignorant bro, the answer is obvious.
__________________
Call me out on my stupid shit, and I'll return the favor.
If you leave me rep, put your name so I can rep you back.
The Cap'n

This is what the devil plays before he goes to sleep
some food for thought, this food for death
go ahead and fucking eat
my fathers dead, but I don't know we'll never fucking meet
I cut my wrists and play piano because I'm so depressed
somebody call the pastor this bastard is so possessed
this meetings just begun, nigga I'm satan's son..

Last edited by KillerNN; 03-03-2011 at 10:34 PM.
KillerNN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KillerNN For This Useful Post:
ninjalostboy95 (03-03-2011)
Old 03-03-2011, 10:30 PM   #265
KillerNN
Λυρικής Σκέψεις
 
KillerNN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Tampa,Florida
Posts: 2,083
Thanks: 3,563
Thanked 4,304 Times in 1,967 Posts
KillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura about
Re: A word from Kishi

I see a Jamal or Tyrone joke coming from 100,000 miles away.
__________________
Call me out on my stupid shit, and I'll return the favor.
If you leave me rep, put your name so I can rep you back.
The Cap'n

This is what the devil plays before he goes to sleep
some food for thought, this food for death
go ahead and fucking eat
my fathers dead, but I don't know we'll never fucking meet
I cut my wrists and play piano because I'm so depressed
somebody call the pastor this bastard is so possessed
this meetings just begun, nigga I'm satan's son..
KillerNN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KillerNN For This Useful Post:
ninjalostboy95 (03-03-2011), Sensei-Q (03-04-2011)
Old 03-03-2011, 10:56 PM   #266
ninjalostboy95
Moe game on point
 
ninjalostboy95's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NY, Far Rockaway(currently)
Age: 18
Posts: 5,948
Thanks: 8,416
Thanked 4,704 Times in 2,856 Posts
ninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really nice
Re: A word from Kishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
Intelligence is only one factor that determines worth. Hard work, perseverance, logical reasoning, determination, adaptability, etc..., also play into it. Not to mention the role morality and ethics play into it. Some people have these characteristics, and some don't. Are you really arguing they are still equal?
So the value of a human is determined by these factors? Did you make these rules or something? As I said before, there is no evidence supporting your claim. Those are your factors for judging a human's worth, I'm trying to get the point across that someone else's set of rules in judging a human's worth may be different so those factors aren't even universal. You can't substitute your factors for everyone else's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
Too bad, because that's exactly how people judge other peoples worth in any non-retarded society.
So anybody who doesn't use these "Factors" to judge another person is in a retarded society?
ninjalostboy95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:10 PM   #267
ninjalostboy95
Moe game on point
 
ninjalostboy95's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NY, Far Rockaway(currently)
Age: 18
Posts: 5,948
Thanks: 8,416
Thanked 4,704 Times in 2,856 Posts
ninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really nice
Re: A word from Kishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
First of all, size does matter, no matter what they told you.
If you are thinking what I'm thinking, I didn't mean that lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
And that's not true at all. Bigger apple is better because you will eat more then with the small one. Especially if it tastes better, then it sure as fuck is better.
Sure I will but if I have diabetes, I'm picking the smaller one. Some people can't take the sweet taste on their taste buds so they'd prefer the smaller apple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
One human is better then another human because he/she is. Just like one apple is better then the other. Doesn't matter if it's the same kind. Who gives a fuck anyway? You could say that a dog is a dog, and that is a terrible analogy.
I keep addressing this, just because they can do something better doesn't make them a better human.
ninjalostboy95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:20 PM   #268
ninjalostboy95
Moe game on point
 
ninjalostboy95's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NY, Far Rockaway(currently)
Age: 18
Posts: 5,948
Thanks: 8,416
Thanked 4,704 Times in 2,856 Posts
ninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really nice
Re: A word from Kishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AniMeFaN View Post
@nlb- lets say that two people are falling and you can only save one, first person is an 80 year old and second is a 8 year old. would you save the closest person to you at the time or would you go for the 8 year old?
who's the closest person? If I go for the 8 year old who's too far, they'll both die. I would save the one closest, if I try to save both, I will end up saving no one. Their worth is still the same no matter how emotionally attached to them I am, I may feel like one is more important but that doesn't mean they are. Catch my drift? As ACT or Mal said, it's based on personal view.
ninjalostboy95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:51 PM   #269
Axiom
[something clever]
 
Axiom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 74
Thanks: 487
Thanked 824 Times in 305 Posts
Axiom is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: A word from Kishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjalostboy95 View Post
Sure I will but if I have diabetes, I'm picking the smaller one. Some people can't take the sweet taste on their taste buds so they'd prefer the smaller apple.
I don't think apples are bad for diabetics, in fact I'm fairy certain the are actively beneficial. I know that was not your point, just saying. And if someone does not like the taste of apples, said person probably wouldn't eat apples regardless of size.

Quote:
I keep addressing this, just because they can do something better doesn't make them a better human.
This shit is a matter of perspective. But despite what some of you are saying, within ones own pov. I can imagine there do exsist scenarios in which even you would gauge one, a better person than another. If I may, do you believe that charles manson is an equal to likes of gandhi, and mother teresa?

Life long career as a mass manipulating psychotic murderer vs life long careers in the pursuit of charity, and civil liberties. Dont know about you, but manson is pretty low on my personal list of worth while human beings. Do you honestly think he is your equal?
Axiom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Axiom For This Useful Post:
Mal (03-04-2011), Nerox (03-04-2011)
Old 03-03-2011, 11:54 PM   #270
Kina
Star-Stuff
 
Kina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: You do not matter. None of us do.
Age: 22
Posts: 3,433
Thanks: 752
Thanked 1,181 Times in 646 Posts
Kina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud of
Re: A word from Kishi

Breasts. I mean some HUGE tits. Like, ginormous.
__________________


Luck is a skill.

<Jonathan3

Don't hate on Rival.


When I wake on the last day of my life, I want to face it without regret.


Kina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kina For This Useful Post:
Nerox (03-04-2011), UchihaTaijiya (03-04-2011)
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.