A word from Kishi - Page 21 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums



Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2011, 02:15 PM   #301
AniMeFaN
Chuunin
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 717
Thanks: 103
Thanked 195 Times in 128 Posts
AniMeFaN is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: A word from Kishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post
@ vengeance: sorry, but I don't see it that way. It's human to err and one shouldn't judge another's intelligence based only on when they fail, but on the overall
not commenting on whether his assesments are accurate but he is basing intelligence not only on when they fail but how. everyone fails but you can tell alot about them by how they failed, what methods they employed, etc.
AniMeFaN is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 03-04-2011, 02:15 PM   #302
kael03
Aspiring Physicist
 
Join Date: May 2010
Age: 28
Posts: 4,691
Thanks: 4,760
Thanked 8,718 Times in 3,842 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough
Re: A word from Kishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
It didn't actually say that. As I've mentioned before what is actually said is half realized.
Half realized = not fully realized = not completed = according to the words of the Databook entry Mangetsu died before he could complete his dream of being a swordsman. But that argument is done now so who gives a shit.


Quote:
& still are grumbling about it apparently.
Not really. The only time I've grumbled about it since then was when I mentioned that Kishi has blatently gone against his own writing before and used Mangetsu as an example.

Quote:
Actually no it isn't. My reasoning behind saying that was because Suigetsu who hasn't been shown in like 20 chapters suddenly gets face time in the same chapter. That coupled with Suigetsu's back story it was pretty obvious who that was going to be. It isn't simply a haircut thing but rather anticipating predictable writing.
Because bringing in the previous generation of Swordsmen when Suigetsu has stated he wanted to be a swordsman and collect the swords had nothing to do with it. That and Zabuza was fighting Kakashi so the Swordsmen had another reason for showing up. You still based your argument on Mangetsu's appearance which is still the same as Tobi = Obito because they have the same haircut.

Quote:
Whose crying?
Obviously you are since you've insulted an entire group of people based on my being a member. You've insulted Numinous because he has a different opinion than you. You insult anyone that has a different opinion than you.

Quote:
But you're not.
There are numerous people on these boards that would disagree with you in that.

Quote:
Which means what exactly? O yeah nothing.
Actually it means a lot. Considering one of the prerequisities of getting into OH is a fundamental intelligence that expands beyond the realm of anime and manga.

Quote:
LMAO yeah ok you're still an idiot in my eyes.
And there's that "I will insult everyone that disagrees with me" M.O you seem to have. I used to respect you, but not anymore. And before you even try it, it's not because you and I have fought before, it's because you have this extreme stubbornness to never acknowledge an opinion that differs from your own.
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 02:25 PM   #303
stubborn_d0nkey
Kage
 
stubborn_d0nkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 23
Posts: 5,162
Thanks: 12,579
Thanked 3,903 Times in 2,129 Posts
stubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the rough
Re: A word from Kishi

I've developed the ability to skip a whole message and still somehow see the word stubborn(ness) in it :O
__________________
I am THE stubborn_d0nkey, thou shalt not have other stubborn donkeys before me.

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Quotes for noobs (learn how to break up a quote)
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future
So you can post the second bit and i shouldnt be allowed to if i dont tell you? Why be so rude?

Anyways, here is a quotes for noobs guide


1. A basic quote

[*QUOTE][*/QUOTE]

(the * need to be removed for it to work, I put them in so you can see the text) is a basic quote that just wraps something in a quote without saying who quoted it who quoted so

[*QUOTE]this is a quote[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
this is a quote

Edit: there is a button for this, it looks like a speech bubble. If you select text and then press the button the selected text will automatically be wrapped with the quote tag


2. A quote that says who said it

[*QUOTE=who said it][*/QUOTE] this adds who said the post, manually putting that there can be useful when quoting something external. Example:

[*QUOTE=Mangastream]Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangastream
Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us
3. A quote that says who said it and links to the post where it was said

[*QUOTE=who said it;X][*/QUOTE]

Where X is the post number.

For the post that i originally quoted it would look like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]

That is what you get when you press the quote button.

4. Breaking up a quote

Now that you know how quotes work it all boils down to preference, how you want it to look like and how you want to do it.

One way of doing it is copying the latter part of the original quote [*/QUOTE] and then pasting it after each section you break up, write your reply, choose the text you want then paste it after that portion, repeat till you finish the go back and copy then paste the first part of the text at the beginning of each portion of text. Of course you can immediately copy and paste both parts of a poste so that you dont forget one in the end.

The end result would be something like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4



Which without any * would look like

Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4


Another way of doing it would be to cut and paste the second part of the quote tag after the first section of text you want to seperate then write your reply select the second part and hit he quote button (it looks like a text bubble),if you do that without anything else the end result would be

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Which would look like

Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4

To make it like the previous example (which wpuld be preferred, though not necessary ) copy the part that says who posted with the link to the post and paste it accordingly to the proper part in each first half of each quote tag. In my I would copy =minato uchiha;2118164 and paste it where the # is
[*QUOTE#] to get [*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] (of course with the * removed)


Of course you can use any other method you like to get to the end result, but now that you know what the end rwsult looks like I think there shouldnt be any problems
stubborn_d0nkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stubborn_d0nkey For This Useful Post:
Sensei-Q (03-04-2011), Vengeance (03-04-2011)
Old 03-04-2011, 02:27 PM   #304
UchihaTaijiya
sublimis ab unda
 
UchihaTaijiya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,775
Thanks: 7,371
Thanked 3,311 Times in 1,248 Posts
UchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond repute
Re: A word from Kishi



I think Imma go lick on some acid.

And then go to a mardi fuckin gras parade.
__________________
If the elephants have past lives yet are destined to always remember
It's no wonder how they scream
Like you and I they must have some temper

And I am dreaming of them on the plains
Dirtying up their beds
Watching for some sign of rain to cool their hot heads

And how dare that you send me that card when I'm doing all that I can do
You are forcing me to remember when all I want is to just forget you

If the tiger shall protect her young then tell me how did you slip by
All my instincts have failed me for once
I must have somehow slept the whole night

And I am dreaming of them with their kill
Tearing it all apart
Blood dripping from their lips and teeth sinking into heart

And how dare that you say you'll call
When you know I need some peace of mind
If you have to take sides with the animals
Won't you do it with one who is kind

And if the hawks in the trees need the dead
If you're living you don't stand a chance
For a time though you share the same bed
There are only two ends to this dance

You can flee with your wounds just in time or lie there as he feeds
Watching yourself ripped to shreds and laughing as you bleed

So for those of you falling in love keep it kind
Keep it good
Keep it right
Throw yourself in the midst of danger but keep one eye open at night

UchihaTaijiya is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to UchihaTaijiya For This Useful Post:
ACt (03-04-2011), Jaxon (03-04-2011), Sensei-Q (03-04-2011), Shrike (03-04-2011), stubborn_d0nkey (03-04-2011), Vengeance (03-04-2011)
Old 03-04-2011, 03:02 PM   #305
Vengeance
Death Scythe
 
Vengeance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 9,050
Thanks: 4,776
Thanked 9,331 Times in 4,060 Posts
Vengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud of
Re: A word from Kishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
Half realized = not fully realized = not completed = according to the words of the Databook entry Mangetsu died before he could complete his dream of being a swordsman. But that argument is done now so who gives a shit.
Still won't admit that you misinterpreted what was stated I see. Rather sad really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
Not really. The only time I've grumbled about it since then was when I mentioned that Kishi has blatently gone against his own writing before and used Mangetsu as an example.
But you're still grumbling about it now so what does that say about you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
Because bringing in the previous generation of Swordsmen when Suigetsu has stated he wanted to be a swordsman and collect the swords had nothing to do with it.
Now you're just rambling. I already said that Suigetsu's backstory was a part of why I made that assumption.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
That and Zabuza was fighting Kakashi so the Swordsmen had another reason for showing up.
More rambling. Get to the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
You still based your argument on Mangetsu's appearance which is still the same as Tobi = Obito because they have the same haircut.
I based my assumption on the fact that Suigetsu has hystory with the swordsmen, has a brother who died, & wanted at some point in his life wanted to be one as well. The connection between Suigetsu & the swordsmen was established with his introduction into this manga. Captain Obvious says "Hey that dude that looks just like Suigetsu is probably his brother".


Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
Obviously you are since you've insulted an entire group of people based on my being a member.
LMAO really now reject believe it or not its not all about you. I dislike OH because I don't get along with half of the people in there. I could give two shits whether or not they let you in their little club. It doesn't change the fact that I think you're an idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
You've insulted Numinous because he has a different opinion than you. You insult anyone that has a different opinion than you.
Yeah ok how did I insult Num? Cause I called him an arse kisser for saying that everyone in OH is automatically smart? I was talking in general & he felt the need to narrow it down to just you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
There are numerous people on these boards that would disagree with you in that.
Doesn't change the fact that I think you're an idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
Actually it means a lot. Considering one of the prerequisities of getting into OH is a fundamental intelligence that expands beyond the realm of anime and manga.
You really are an idiot if you truly believe that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
And there's that "I will insult everyone that disagrees with me"
No just you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
M.O you seem to have.
There's a reason why my avatar is Vengeance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
I used to respect you, but not anymore.
Doesn't bother me ether way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
And before you even try it, it's not because you and I have fought before, it's because you have this extreme stubbornness to never acknowledge an opinion that differs from your own.
Yeah that's a cop out people like to use with me. Truth be tolled I do acknowledge other opinions. What I don't acknowledge are the stupid ones. I like to disagree because it's fun.
__________________

Monster brawl brought to you by Claymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liondemon View Post
Yeah vengeance, if i could giuve rep to your o so epic post too i would, but unfortunately I have already repped your greatness already so i cannot either. Just wanted u to know im on your cock now too
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOTKorby View Post
FOOLS! Time is no obstacle for utter lunacy! Reality is but an illusion that can be ignored if the insane demand it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batonnoir View Post
1) There may well be some literary or map correlation between the Uzumaki and Ireland.
Check out this awesome manga called Magi.

Wanna join me come and play, but I mite shoot you in your face. Bombs and bullets will do the trick. What we need here is a little bit of panic! ~ Get Jinxed
Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 03:07 PM   #306
ACt
Heart Wizard
 
ACt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Halls of Irreverence
Posts: 3,237
Thanks: 5,289
Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice
Re: A word from Kishi

I was just going to go on ignoring and wait for UT's acid to kick in... but then I read this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
Truth be tolled I do acknowledge other opinions.
Sorry, son. No one owns the truth - stop charging fares for it.
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
kael03 (03-04-2011), Mal (03-04-2011), Nerox (03-05-2011), UchihaTaijiya (03-04-2011), Vanity (03-04-2011), Vengeance (03-05-2011)
Old 03-04-2011, 03:15 PM   #307
KillerNN
Λυρικής Σκέψεις
 
KillerNN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Tampa,Florida
Posts: 2,083
Thanks: 3,563
Thanked 4,304 Times in 1,967 Posts
KillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura about
Re: A word from Kishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
What do you mean by "fact?" There is no such thing as absolute value; it is not a natural property of any object. Value is nothing more than a measure of something's perceived worth.



You are arguing around the point, Kina was using the apple example under the obvious assumption that it would be eaten. Try arguing that a rotten apple has the same nutritional value as a fresh apple and see how far you get.



You are arguing as though human life has some intrinsic value. Why is that? If there was a single person in the entirety of Earth, would they be valuable? As I mentioned earlier, nothing is valuable by nature. If there are no other humans to ascribe value to this single person, they would be valuable to only themselves (assuming they even have a concept for value).

Value only exists from an opinionated and moral/ethical standpoint.



Not even going as far as Axiom (score one for Godwin's Law, fuck yeah!), there are many ways one could theoretically "better" society. One could kill the mentally or physically handicapped, the elderly, the indeterminately comatose, the unemployed; any number of people who financially drain society by continuing to exist. Assisted Suicide and Euthanasia are exactly this: eliminating those who burden society while offering no benefit.



You are correct, human lives do all have the same absolute value: absolutely nothing. A human dies either way, yes, but one of the two may have more to offer society. Generally, humanity attributes value to something based on what benefit it offers. Why should human lives be treated any differently? Perhaps the 80 year old has just discovered the cure for cancer and has yet to tell anyone. The 8 year old may one day get a respectable job, make an honest living, raise a loving family and die at home with his loved ones, mourned by his family and friends on a rainy Friday afternoon. Surely you're not going to tell me that the life of the 8 year old is more valuable because "he hasn't lived yet."



There would no longer be any choice to make.



First, I'd like to point out that you realize value is a perception, but then argue that the "value perception" of the people in this situation doesn't matter. Please explain yourself.

As for your actual argument, you are arguing around the point like NLB was. The number one rule of debate is to counter the strongest form of your opponent's argument. To make it easier (and better), I offer an alternative scenario:

Five people have found each other during the inevitable Zombie Apocalypse. They are a used car salesman, an accountant, a network administrator, a psychologist and motherfucking ASHLEY J. WILLIAMS. It should be obvious that, among this group, the most value will be ascribed to Ash.



You are correct, a human being has no universal value. Your argument that all life should be valued the same makes sense from one perspective: That every individual human being is worth absolutely nothing and society cannot be "bettered" in any way. However, because humanity has ascribed value to society, value can then be ascribed to anything which affects society. Anything which changes society in a way which we perceive as an improvement is considered "good" (valuable), and the opposite is "bad." It is impossible to attribute equal value to all human life while valuing society as a whole.



PROTIP: You're only as valuable as the information. Obviously something that has no bearing on society is not going to increase a person's value to that society.



And I'm sorry that you live in a happy little fantasy world in which no matter what you do, no matter how hard you try, no matter what great things you achieve and no matter what you contribute to society, you still have the same value as the man who rapes, strangles and mutilates a little girl. Hooray for argumentum ad misericordiam!
Mal, you must have misunderstood what I wrote, because you argued the exact same point against me that I argued for. Which I don't understand. I said everything was opinionated, then you said to me everything is opinionated. I said that it doesn't matter who died between the child and the old man because they both could have contributed something, you basically said the same thing.
The only thing you said different was your scenario with Ashley Williams, but her life is still doesn't hold any more value than another human being's in that group at all. She might be a move valuable asset to the group though.
Were you reading both sides of the argument?

Edit: And yes, I do believe my life holds as much "value" as that murderer, since we are both humans.
__________________
Call me out on my stupid shit, and I'll return the favor.
If you leave me rep, put your name so I can rep you back.
The Cap'n

This is what the devil plays before he goes to sleep
some food for thought, this food for death
go ahead and fucking eat
my fathers dead, but I don't know we'll never fucking meet
I cut my wrists and play piano because I'm so depressed
somebody call the pastor this bastard is so possessed
this meetings just begun, nigga I'm satan's son..

Last edited by KillerNN; 03-04-2011 at 03:24 PM.
KillerNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 04:28 PM   #308
stubborn_d0nkey
Kage
 
stubborn_d0nkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 23
Posts: 5,162
Thanks: 12,579
Thanked 3,903 Times in 2,129 Posts
stubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the rough
Re: A word from Kishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkamaruChewtoy View Post
Sorry, son. No one owns the truth - stop charging fares for it.
I think he meant trolled
__________________
I am THE stubborn_d0nkey, thou shalt not have other stubborn donkeys before me.

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Quotes for noobs (learn how to break up a quote)
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future
So you can post the second bit and i shouldnt be allowed to if i dont tell you? Why be so rude?

Anyways, here is a quotes for noobs guide


1. A basic quote

[*QUOTE][*/QUOTE]

(the * need to be removed for it to work, I put them in so you can see the text) is a basic quote that just wraps something in a quote without saying who quoted it who quoted so

[*QUOTE]this is a quote[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
this is a quote

Edit: there is a button for this, it looks like a speech bubble. If you select text and then press the button the selected text will automatically be wrapped with the quote tag


2. A quote that says who said it

[*QUOTE=who said it][*/QUOTE] this adds who said the post, manually putting that there can be useful when quoting something external. Example:

[*QUOTE=Mangastream]Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangastream
Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us
3. A quote that says who said it and links to the post where it was said

[*QUOTE=who said it;X][*/QUOTE]

Where X is the post number.

For the post that i originally quoted it would look like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]

That is what you get when you press the quote button.

4. Breaking up a quote

Now that you know how quotes work it all boils down to preference, how you want it to look like and how you want to do it.

One way of doing it is copying the latter part of the original quote [*/QUOTE] and then pasting it after each section you break up, write your reply, choose the text you want then paste it after that portion, repeat till you finish the go back and copy then paste the first part of the text at the beginning of each portion of text. Of course you can immediately copy and paste both parts of a poste so that you dont forget one in the end.

The end result would be something like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4



Which without any * would look like

Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4


Another way of doing it would be to cut and paste the second part of the quote tag after the first section of text you want to seperate then write your reply select the second part and hit he quote button (it looks like a text bubble),if you do that without anything else the end result would be

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Which would look like

Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4

To make it like the previous example (which wpuld be preferred, though not necessary ) copy the part that says who posted with the link to the post and paste it accordingly to the proper part in each first half of each quote tag. In my I would copy =minato uchiha;2118164 and paste it where the # is
[*QUOTE#] to get [*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] (of course with the * removed)


Of course you can use any other method you like to get to the end result, but now that you know what the end rwsult looks like I think there shouldnt be any problems
stubborn_d0nkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 04:40 PM   #309
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI
 
Jaxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,393
Thanks: 3,584
Thanked 12,474 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold
Re: A word from Kishi

Pretty sure he meant "told".
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
ACt (03-04-2011), Vengeance (03-06-2011)
Old 03-04-2011, 04:41 PM   #310
KillerNN
Λυρικής Σκέψεις
 
KillerNN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Tampa,Florida
Posts: 2,083
Thanks: 3,563
Thanked 4,304 Times in 1,967 Posts
KillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura about
Re: A word from Kishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
Pretty sure he meant "told".
Pretty sure thats the point, haha.
__________________
Call me out on my stupid shit, and I'll return the favor.
If you leave me rep, put your name so I can rep you back.
The Cap'n

This is what the devil plays before he goes to sleep
some food for thought, this food for death
go ahead and fucking eat
my fathers dead, but I don't know we'll never fucking meet
I cut my wrists and play piano because I'm so depressed
somebody call the pastor this bastard is so possessed
this meetings just begun, nigga I'm satan's son..
KillerNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 04:46 PM   #311
ACt
Heart Wizard
 
ACt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Halls of Irreverence
Posts: 3,237
Thanks: 5,289
Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice
Re: A word from Kishi

I know what he meant. I just found it a humourous typo - made me laugh, so I shared.
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
KillerNN (03-04-2011), Mal (03-04-2011), Vengeance (03-06-2011)
Old 03-04-2011, 05:41 PM   #312
stubborn_d0nkey
Kage
 
stubborn_d0nkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 23
Posts: 5,162
Thanks: 12,579
Thanked 3,903 Times in 2,129 Posts
stubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the rough
Re: A word from Kishi

trolled fits better :P
__________________
I am THE stubborn_d0nkey, thou shalt not have other stubborn donkeys before me.

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Quotes for noobs (learn how to break up a quote)
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future
So you can post the second bit and i shouldnt be allowed to if i dont tell you? Why be so rude?

Anyways, here is a quotes for noobs guide


1. A basic quote

[*QUOTE][*/QUOTE]

(the * need to be removed for it to work, I put them in so you can see the text) is a basic quote that just wraps something in a quote without saying who quoted it who quoted so

[*QUOTE]this is a quote[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
this is a quote

Edit: there is a button for this, it looks like a speech bubble. If you select text and then press the button the selected text will automatically be wrapped with the quote tag


2. A quote that says who said it

[*QUOTE=who said it][*/QUOTE] this adds who said the post, manually putting that there can be useful when quoting something external. Example:

[*QUOTE=Mangastream]Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangastream
Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us
3. A quote that says who said it and links to the post where it was said

[*QUOTE=who said it;X][*/QUOTE]

Where X is the post number.

For the post that i originally quoted it would look like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]

That is what you get when you press the quote button.

4. Breaking up a quote

Now that you know how quotes work it all boils down to preference, how you want it to look like and how you want to do it.

One way of doing it is copying the latter part of the original quote [*/QUOTE] and then pasting it after each section you break up, write your reply, choose the text you want then paste it after that portion, repeat till you finish the go back and copy then paste the first part of the text at the beginning of each portion of text. Of course you can immediately copy and paste both parts of a poste so that you dont forget one in the end.

The end result would be something like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4



Which without any * would look like

Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4


Another way of doing it would be to cut and paste the second part of the quote tag after the first section of text you want to seperate then write your reply select the second part and hit he quote button (it looks like a text bubble),if you do that without anything else the end result would be

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Which would look like

Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4

To make it like the previous example (which wpuld be preferred, though not necessary ) copy the part that says who posted with the link to the post and paste it accordingly to the proper part in each first half of each quote tag. In my I would copy =minato uchiha;2118164 and paste it where the # is
[*QUOTE#] to get [*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] (of course with the * removed)


Of course you can use any other method you like to get to the end result, but now that you know what the end rwsult looks like I think there shouldnt be any problems
stubborn_d0nkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 05:43 PM   #313
Vanity
Succumb
 
Vanity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 928
Thanks: 3,426
Thanked 5,991 Times in 2,240 Posts
Vanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really nice
Re: A word from Kishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkamaruChewtoy View Post
I know what he meant. I just found it a humourous typo - made me laugh, so I shared.
And I thank you for that. I don't read his posts anymore so I completely looked over it ;_;
__________________
My nerves are bad to-night.
Yes, bad.
Stay with me.
Speak to me.
Why do you never speak?
Speak.
What are you thinking of?
What thinking?
What?

I never know what you are thinking.
Think.
Vanity is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vanity For This Useful Post:
ACt (03-04-2011)
Old 03-04-2011, 06:39 PM   #314
ACt
Heart Wizard
 
ACt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Halls of Irreverence
Posts: 3,237
Thanks: 5,289
Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice
Re: A word from Kishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubborn_d0nkey View Post
trolled fits better :P
Not if you consider homophones.
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 06:40 PM   #315
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI
 
Jaxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,393
Thanks: 3,584
Thanked 12,474 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold
Re: A word from Kishi

No way would I ever consider homophones, they're an affront to God.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
ACt (03-04-2011), Mal (03-04-2011), Miburo (03-05-2011), stubborn_d0nkey (03-05-2011)
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.