9.0 earthquake leads to Tsunami and crazy fuckery in Japan - Page 2 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > World News

World News Post and discuss news articles on recent world events here!

Old 03-12-2011, 12:08 AM   #16
manta
No Leaf Clover

Thanked 1,356 Times in 702 Posts
manta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enough
Re: 8.9 earthquake leads to Tsunami and fires in Japan

Its really bad... Earthquakes, tsunamis, fires and whirlpools... whats next a typhoon? Kubo alive?

Very strong images...

manta is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-12-2011, 06:14 AM   #17
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/as_japan_earthquake

One of Japan nuclear reactor just exploded.

Things getting uglier.

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 06:43 AM   #18
Sensei-Q
✪✪✪✪✪

Thanked 2,926 Times in 1,726 Posts
Sensei-Q has a spectacular aura aboutSensei-Q has a spectacular aura aboutSensei-Q has a spectacular aura aboutSensei-Q has a spectacular aura about

Damn .
Old 03-12-2011, 10:04 AM   #19
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

Wasn't a nuclear explosion, though. I don't think the cause of the explosion was mentioned, but it just blew out a concrete wall and left the reactor intact.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
ACt (03-12-2011), kael03 (03-12-2011), Sensei-Q (03-12-2011)
Old 03-12-2011, 10:12 AM   #20
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,850 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future

Mal is right, it did not explode just yet, and let's hope it will never do. But the cooling systems of two nuclear plants failed, and people are being evacuated. It is very dangerous since those plants are relatively near Tokyo. I have some friends there who are shit scared. Goddamn.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shrike For This Useful Post:
Sensei-Q (03-12-2011)
Old 03-12-2011, 10:41 AM   #21
kluang
One Punch Man

kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

If the reactor went meltdown, we gonna have a nuclear falllout in Tokyo right?

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

Old 03-12-2011, 11:00 AM   #22
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

It'll be north of Tokyo and where the fallout cone lies will depend mostly on the weather. However, I would think it would put, at very least, a strain on the nation's power supply which would slow any progress to recovery.
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
kael03 (03-12-2011), Shrike (03-12-2011)
Old 03-12-2011, 01:39 PM   #23
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

If such an event were even half what Chernobyl was, even much North America would see a significant amount of fallout.

Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
ACt (03-12-2011), ask me anything (03-13-2011), Shrike (03-12-2011)
Old 03-13-2011, 07:34 AM   #24
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,850 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future

UPDATE - the death toll stands at more than 1700 with fears of 10000 missing. 5.1 million homes left without power after nuclear plants shut down across the mainland. One reactor had an explosion, but scientists say the reactor was undamaged and still holding 1000 times the normal radiation level at a N power plant
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 07:19 PM   #25
EphemeralStar
Genin

EphemeralStar is an unknown quantity at this point

When it happened, my mom woke me up in the morning to tell me...and I really thought she was going to tell me someone I knew had died.
But this was devestating to hear too Japan is my fave country!
I just hope that the people who are missing..that most of them are alive.
EphemeralStar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EphemeralStar For This Useful Post:
stubborn_d0nkey (03-14-2011)
Old 03-13-2011, 08:14 PM   #26
Darth-Nero
Victory!

Thanked 1,674 Times in 676 Posts
Darth-Nero is on a distinguished roadDarth-Nero is on a distinguished road

Another earthquake striked again this morning in japland with the force of 6 degrees,and those 10,000 missing are confirmed death as far as i got from the news. the Chinese sent a huge ass battleship to help rescuing and collecting the corps.

tough luck japan ='(
Darth-Nero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 10:26 PM   #27
ninjalostboy95
Moe game on point

Thanked 4,705 Times in 2,857 Posts
ninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really nice

I feel sorry for Japan taking such a beatdown.
ninjalostboy95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 01:17 AM   #28
kluang
One Punch Man

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/ap_on_bi_...nuclear_crisis

another explosion at the nuclear power plant

Old 03-14-2011, 01:44 AM   #29
EphemeralStar
Genin

EphemeralStar is an unknown quantity at this point

Apparently there was a fking VOLCANO too... Oh Japan.. I'm sure we'll all feel how Japan feels one day... T-T
EphemeralStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 08:29 AM   #30
AniMeFaN
Chuunin

AniMeFaN is an unknown quantity at this point

was i just not aware of all the natural disasters like this going on in the 90's because of my age or has the beginning of the 21st century just been extremely bad compared to previous decades.
AniMeFaN is offline   Reply With Quote