Osama Bin Laden Is Dead - Page 2 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > World News

World News Post and discuss news articles on recent world events here!

Old 05-02-2011, 09:51 AM   #16
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice
Re: Osama Bin Laden Is Dead

Oh, I'm certain it is him - pictures will be released. It would be too big of a cock up to say you got him, identified him and disposed of him for Osama to resurface. The USofA is not that dumb.

However, if you want a conspiracy, try this on for size: Osama Bin Laden was already dead. There was a report a while back that a CIA guy had met him and questions arose about his health and need of a dialysis machine. I know they are portable now, but really - is it that hard to track a guy who needs a dialysis machine in Pakistan? This was a man the US gave millions to in order to combat the Russians and after he turned it on them, he disappears and is found living comfortably not far from Islamabad. Yeah, I'm betting there was a pact that he would live out his waning years and once ill enough or dead, the Americans would come for him.

But hey, that's just conspiracy - not really worth debating. You can't argue it is better that he is dead.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (05-02-2011), Darth-Nero (05-02-2011), Mal (05-02-2011), Miburo (05-02-2011)

Old 05-02-2011, 10:14 AM   #17
Kina
Star-Stuff

Thanked 1,181 Times in 646 Posts
Kina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshgrease View Post
I would have thought he would have died of old age considering how long it took to find him. Looks like the Pakistani's were sheltering him. Guess we will be fighting another sub-war.....
The Panistani government actually helped us locate and take him down, according to Obama's speech late last night. I doubt we'll be doing anything of the sort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth-Nero View Post
His body isn't in custody,my news says that He gotten buried at the sea and so does the news from the same site you're sharing.

Am not buying that America got red of the body that fast,I dunno..something doesn't sound right.
It was in our custody, and I'm sure they didn't want him on display or anything. They just wanted him gone. They would not release this much press and have that highly usually timed speech for something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake View Post
regardless of all the conspiracies and stuff probably surrounding this; I dont really care about bin laden. Killing him doesnt change what happened on 9/11. Lets have our government kill bad inner city schools, college tuitions and gas prices
It doesn't change what happened, but it does bring closure to a lot of people who've died by his hands. No just in America, but all over the world. And this is a HUGE moral boost to the America people in the midst of all the bad economy and deficit. Not to mention to toll it'll take on the moral of terrorist, who held Osama in high regard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi-God View Post
Yaaaay. Go have a nationwide BBQ America, you deserve it.
Amuricah. I needs some ribs and a beer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post
So... no trial or even autopsy by independent entities? It's just bullet to the head and toss the corpse at the sea?

I'm with Darth-Nero, something does not sound right.
No trial. That son of a bitch did not deserve one. According to the presidential address last night, he was killed in a firefight. Not entirely sure I believe that aspect of it because I know I wouldn't have the self control not to shoot on sight.

Luck is a skill.

<Jonathan3

Don't hate on Rival.

When I wake on the last day of my life, I want to face it without regret.

Kina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kina For This Useful Post:
Miburo (05-02-2011)
Old 05-02-2011, 10:37 AM   #18
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light

I'm not actually questioning Osama's death, I'm questioning the surroundings of it.

Quote:
No trial. That son of a bitch did not deserve one.
Even the scumbags deserve a trial, even if it's just to show how much of a scumbag they are.

Quote:
It was in our custody, and I'm sure they didn't want him on display or anything. They just wanted him gone.
And again, why no autopsy by independent entities? It's not like the US are the only ones interested on his death.

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
Darth-Nero (05-02-2011)
Old 05-02-2011, 10:42 AM   #19
ACt
Heart Wizard

ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

The disposal of the body is being explained as "respect for Islamic tradition" following death where the body has to be prepared and set to rest within 24 hours or something like that. I would guess it is an attempt to keep the retaliations limited to the Al Qaeda rather than piss off the entire Muslim world by being disrespectful. But hey, still shot him in the head, amirite?

The burial at sea is a method to keep a land grave from being discovered and turned into a shire or place of worship for the extremists who followed him.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Darth-Nero (05-02-2011), gaarasandchick13 (05-02-2011), Kina (05-02-2011), Miburo (05-02-2011), stubborn_d0nkey (05-02-2011)
Old 05-02-2011, 11:04 AM   #20
Numinous

Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkamaruChewtoy View Post
The disposal of the body is being explained as "respect for Islamic tradition" following death where the body has to be prepared and set to rest within 24 hours or something like that.
And in 24 hours, they could go to the nearest building with the tools necessary for autopsy, call someone from NATO/UN/whatever to do the autopsy and then do that. As far as I know, no such thing was done.

Quote:
The burial at sea is a method to keep a land grave from being discovered and turned into a shire or place of worship for the extremists who followed him.
They can still make a shrine for him. There are countless shrines for sea victims on the shore nearest the incident, so what's stopping his followers from doing the same?

Old 05-02-2011, 11:13 AM   #21
ACt
Heart Wizard

A) what would an autopsy give you?
B) they did go to Afghanistan for positive identification because I believe it was the country with the most recent documents on him.
C) nothing will stop people from building a shrine, but I think you can agree that his actual body/bones/burial site would have much greater impact on followers who look to make him a martyr.

However, one thing that will slow them is the fact that it'll probably be easier to seize any assets he was drawing on. There's reason enough to take him out/fake it.
The Following User Says Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Miburo (05-02-2011)
Old 05-02-2011, 11:29 AM   #22
Numinous

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkamaruChewtoy View Post
A) what would an autopsy give you?
Relatively to the US report, very little, but it's just polite to give international entities something to work on, either for confirmation or other purposes.

Quote:
B) they did go to Afghanistan for positive identification because I believe it was the country with the most recent documents on him.
Again, I'm not doubting Osama's death, nor I'm diminishing of its importance. I only find odd the procedures done.

Quote:
C) nothing will stop people from building a shrine, but I think you can agree that his actual body/bones/burial site would have much greater impact on followers who look to make him a martyr. However, one thing that will slow them is the fact that it'll probably be easier to seize any assets he was drawing on. There's reason enough to take him out/fake it.
Yes, I agree.

Old 05-02-2011, 12:09 PM   #23
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

Now what would happen if osama appear in a video stating he's well and alive

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:30 PM   #24
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,274 Times in 2,924 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

Quote:
Now what would happen if osama appear in a video stating he's well and alive
Obama would lose the 2012 elections. Seriously, that is about the only hope the Gop has after this.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:05 PM   #25
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

Fuck yeah, justice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post
Relatively to the US report, very little, but it's just polite to give international entities something to work on, either for confirmation or other purposes.
Fuck international entities. If they wanted to play with the dude's corpse then they should have shot him in the head a couple of times! Fuck yeah, America!

=D
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:35 PM   #26
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,472 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ghmcyzmn7M

Mission accomplished.

EDIT: Also, burying him at sea was to observe the Muslim customs of burying the body within 24 hours, and so no-one knew where he was buried, therefore couldn't build a shrine or something.

At least that's the official line. Could've just fed that to us, and kept his body in a pickle tank in Obama's batcave-style trophy room. Conspiracy, whooOOooo.

Last edited by Jaxon; 05-02-2011 at 02:38 PM.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (05-02-2011), Darth-Nero (05-02-2011), Kina (05-02-2011), kluang (05-02-2011), Miburo (05-02-2011), Numinous (05-02-2011), Playa (05-02-2011)
Old 05-02-2011, 02:38 PM   #27
Darth-Nero
Victory!

Thanked 1,674 Times in 676 Posts
Darth-Nero is on a distinguished roadDarth-Nero is on a distinguished road

^while Guile's theme does goes with everything,this was pretty original and epic.
Darth-Nero is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Darth-Nero For This Useful Post:
Miburo (05-02-2011)
Old 05-02-2011, 02:51 PM   #28
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard

Thanked 4,134 Times in 1,402 Posts
LonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura about

Osama's dead. Deal with it, conspiracy-theorists. As Jaxon said, the burial was in accordance with the Muslim law of burying a body within 24 hours. He had full Islamic rites and preparation, and it sounds like an imam was present (or an Islam expert, Brennan wasn't allowed to divulge such information). As for "pics or it didn't happen," Brennan commented that such related information (possibly pictures) would hopefully be released within 24 hours. The reason they are waiting is two-fold: they need to determine what is appropriate to release (while most Americans would like to see his bullet-ridden corpse, that's in rather bad taste, eh?), and how much should be released.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:56 PM   #29
Darth-Nero
Victory!

Thanked 1,674 Times in 676 Posts
Darth-Nero is on a distinguished roadDarth-Nero is on a distinguished road

psst..gaiz,it's not against islam to delay burial a while for dissection but whatever.
Darth-Nero is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darth-Nero For This Useful Post:
kluang (05-02-2011), Miburo (05-02-2011)
Old 05-02-2011, 03:05 PM   #30
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard

Thanked 4,134 Times in 1,402 Posts
LonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura about

Muslim extremists are always looking for reasons to rage on America. Better to put that shit to rest now than let it come bite us in the ass later.