Forum Manga Expansion - Page 5 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Anime & Manga

Anime & Manga Talk about some other anime and manga series in this section of the forum!

Old 08-25-2011, 04:29 AM   #61
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold
Re: Forum Manga Expansion

Kluang: Hei guys you wanna read manga bout postman?

Others: No.

Kluang: How about manga about postman with guns that fight monsters?

Others: Yeaaaaaaaaaaaah

This is Letter Bee or also call Tegami Bachi. Its a manga about postmen in a world where monsters exist.

http://www.mangareader.net/846/tegami-bachi.html

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kluang For This Useful Post:
ACt (08-28-2011)

Old 08-28-2011, 08:44 PM   #62
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,274 Times in 2,924 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

Hotel
Quote:
In the year 2272 A.D. Mankind is extinct. A computer continues to live on in order to complete a mission in a world where all life has gone extinct. This is a record of those 27 million years of its heroic struggle.
It's just a 41 page one shot, but very interesting.

Nausicaa of the Valley of the wind

Quote:
A millennium has passed since "Seven Days of Fire," an apocalyptic war that almost wiped out human civilization. Since then, the earth is covered with an ever-growing "Sea of Corruption," a vast forest of fungi that secretes poisonous miasma and invasive spores, along with large and deadly insects inhabit within. In order to fight for more habitable lands unpolluted by the Sea of Corruption, the Kingdom of Torumekia has declared war against the Dorok Empire. Nausicaä, princess and heir of a small city-state named "Valley of the Wind" which pledged alliance with Torumekia, is now forced to join Torumekian to invade Dorok Empire. This war will change her life and the fate of human race forever.
By the legendary Hayao Miyazaki. Most people have probably seen one or two of his movies, but if you haven't experienced this epic yet, get to it. It's so freaking good.

Last edited by Dagoro; 08-29-2011 at 08:28 AM.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dagoro For This Useful Post:
ACt (08-28-2011), Scientia (09-12-2011), Spiegel (08-28-2011)
Old 08-28-2011, 09:37 PM   #63
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,770 Times in 928 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

Nausicaa is gold! Have yet to be disapointed with a Hayao Miyazaki directed movie.

Black Lagoon

Gun fights, senseless killing, crazy hand to hand fighting, mafias and organizations of the likes, yeah, good ass series.
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 09:58 PM   #64
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

Quote:
Have yet to be disapointed with a Hayao Miyazaki directed movie.
Indeed.

I watched spirited away last night, it never gets old. Once again I recommend To aru for anyone looking for a great read. The second volume of New Testament came out a few weeks ago, and it was awesome.

I've been meaning to pick up Reborn, but I'm following a fuck ton of series as it is lol. I'll get around to it eventually.

Last edited by Dagoro; 08-28-2011 at 10:01 PM.
Old 08-28-2011, 10:15 PM   #65
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

This thread needs a sticky so I can always find it. Far to much to read for my time to allow.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
kluang (08-29-2011), Miburo (08-29-2011), NeoKakarott023 (01-30-2012)
Old 08-29-2011, 12:33 AM   #66
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

Your will, my hands.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
ACt (08-29-2011), kluang (08-29-2011), Vengeance (08-29-2011)
Old 08-29-2011, 11:01 PM   #67
kluang
One Punch Man

kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiegel View Post
Nausicaa is gold! Have yet to be disapointed with a Hayao Miyazaki directed movie.

Black Lagoon

Gun fights, senseless killing, crazy hand to hand fighting, mafias and organizations of the likes, yeah, good ass series.
Good series. I went to Malaysia Thailand borders several times, their Levis and handbags are as good as the original and cheap and the area is crazy. Police and customs having a hard time chasing smugglers because the villagers help the smugglers.

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

Old 09-12-2011, 01:29 PM   #68
Spiegel
Pirate King

Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

Mazinkaiser SKL

For any super robot fans check this out. The testosterone levels are off the charts!
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
The Following User Says Thank You to Spiegel For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (09-12-2011)
Old 09-30-2011, 11:09 PM   #69
kluang
One Punch Man

Tokyo ESP is a supernatural action manga by Hajime Segawa who brought us Ga-rei.

Its about individuals who awaken to their ESP, each people different power.

http://www.mangareader.net/tokyo-esp

And they have famous people appear here and there

Current guest appearance

Wolverine
Ghostbusters
Leonidas
Yoda

Last edited by kluang; 09-30-2011 at 11:38 PM.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:03 PM   #70
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

^ I renounce you bot and all your vices.

Anyway, how are others doing? Seriously haven't been able to do too much extra reading but wondered if other's have and found any of the recommendations here particularly excellent?

My reading has led me to finish One Piece, drop Gantz because I just can't be bothered and about two thirds through Soul Eater. Should pick up two or three new ones in the new year. Enjoying Soul Eater - think it might be my favourite shonen (even over One Piece). Does all the same humour and friendship and don't kill guys right off, but has a lot less over reaction yelling and stupidity, while the growth of characters seems pretty steady. Also getting into scenes with a fair bit of blood that is dished out without worry for the enemy (the good guys really are out for the kill) which is refreshing after the gentle nature of Naruto.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
OiB (12-22-2011)
Old 12-30-2011, 03:07 AM   #71
jonathan2340
Fashion Tips For Men

jonathan2340 is an unknown quantity at this point

This is quiet interesting information you have posted here. Keep it up.
jonathan2340 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jonathan2340 For This Useful Post:
Scientia (12-30-2011)
Old 01-30-2012, 03:14 PM   #72
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

I have recently gotten up to date with 2 series, and I highly recommend both.

God of high school

This series is very young and from a Korean author. To sum it up, with the appearance of groups with supernatural powers nukes are becoming obsolete. The most powerful young fighters in the world are called to participate in a tournament, and the winner can have any wish granted.

The meaning behind it all has yet to be revealed, like I said it's a young series.

But look at this bad ass shit.

The second one is Last Exile Sunadokei no Tabibito.

For anyone familiar with Last Exile, this is a direct sequel. Only 5 chapters so far but things are already getting interesting.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:18 PM   #73
Spiegel
Pirate King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoro View Post
I have recently gotten up to date with 2 series, and I highly recommend both.

God of high school

This series is very young and from a Korean author. To sum it up, with the appearance of groups with supernatural powers nukes are becoming obsolete. The most powerful young fighters in the world are called to participate in a tournament, and the winner can have any wish granted.

The meaning behind it all has yet to be revealed, like I said it's a young series.

But look at this bad ass shit.

The second one is Last Exile Sunadokei no Tabibito.

For anyone familiar with Last Exile, this is a direct sequel. Only 5 chapters so far but things are already getting interesting.
That was a roundhouse kick Chuck Norris would be proud off. Gonna read.
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Old 01-30-2012, 03:46 PM   #74
NeoKakarott023
Tha One to the 23rd Power

Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,057 Posts
NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light

This has been bookmarked, I agree with ACt.

Show Me How Much You Have Evolved...(As Tian walks toward an Army he's been waiting eons for).

I speak 4 languages...

English, Profanity, Sarcasm, and Real Shit.
NeoKakarott023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 05:38 PM   #75
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard

Thanked 4,134 Times in 1,402 Posts
LonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura about

Not sure if anyone's thrown this out, but Air Gear should get a section, since Soul Eater's gotten a nomination.