Forum Manga Expansion - Page 6 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Anime & Manga

Anime & Manga Talk about some other anime and manga series in this section of the forum!

Old 01-30-2012, 06:33 PM   #76
Vengeance
Death Scythe

Thanked 9,331 Times in 4,060 Posts
Vengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud of
Re: Forum Manga Expansion

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyNinja View Post
Not sure if anyone's thrown this out, but Air Gear should get a section, since Soul Eater's gotten a nomination.
& on that note Bleach can probably be merged with anime/manga section since no one talks about it anyway.

Monster brawl brought to you by Claymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liondemon View Post
Yeah vengeance, if i could giuve rep to your o so epic post too i would, but unfortunately I have already repped your greatness already so i cannot either. Just wanted u to know im on your cock now too
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOTKorby View Post
FOOLS! Time is no obstacle for utter lunacy! Reality is but an illusion that can be ignored if the insane demand it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batonnoir View Post
1) There may well be some literary or map correlation between the Uzumaki and Ireland.
Check out this awesome manga called Magi.

Wanna join me come and play, but I mite shoot you in your face. Bombs and bullets will do the trick. What we need here is a little bit of panic! ~ Get Jinxed
Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vengeance For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (01-30-2012), kluang (01-31-2012), Spiegel (01-30-2012)

Old 01-30-2012, 07:02 PM   #77
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,597 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Still doing my best to try and give a shot at most of the ones mentioned here and thoroughly finding that I have no time to do so, but I picked up a volume on a brief recommendation from my favourite manga site, Spectrum Nexus. Tossing it out there to see if anyone has heard of this one or perhaps to see what anyone else thinks:

Sun-ken Rock

Simple plot line: Ken Rock is a guy in Japan is pretty much a nobody, loves a girl who, for inexplicable reasons, bolts to Korea to become a cop. He decides to follow her there as well and continues to be a bum. (don't worry, this all happens within the first few pages) He meets up with some thugs who want to start a gang, or nation, and soon recruit him as their leader and all Ken Rock decides is his goal is to protect people with his strength... which he does by bludgeoning them with a baseball bat or kicking their heads in. The plot unfolds pretty much as you'd expect after that.

Now, all this is really funny to write because it is so much like a Naruto style plot line and the story unfolds with fights and over-the-top shonen style humour - you know, the yelling, bawling from the eyes and insane reactions. But the rest of it is so dark and violent. In the first volume, there is a scene in which the group celebrates the formation of the gang in song and dance and then a few chapters later a rival group is holding down a girl they know and raping her. Seriously.

Not for those with adversion to blood, sex and not so kind scenes involving implied or unshown violent rape (one character is especially done in horribly by the author) yet, it does seem to flow easily. Oh, and there is a female introduction who can kick as but seems to have an adversion to pants. I don't understand it, but there it is.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:07 PM   #78
Vengeance
Death Scythe

Thanked 9,331 Times in 4,060 Posts
Vengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud of

A Manga I think people should check out is Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic. The world build has kind of an Arabian Nights dungeon crawler feel & gives references to such things as "Aladdin & the Genie in the Lamp", "Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves", & "Sinbad the Sailor". This is also a relatively new manga with only 71 out of 120 or so issues scanlated. It's updated constantly (every 2-3 days) & is published in "Weekly Shonen Sunday" so you can expect new content on a weekly basis for those who have trouble waiting on monthly releases once the scanlations catch up to the current manga.

The main cast of characters so far seem to revolve mainly around Aladdin, Alibaba, Morgiana, Sinbad, & Judal.

Aladdin is a "Magi"(One loved by "Rukh" whose role is to choose the king candidate) & seems to be the main protagonist of the series. Aladdin gives off the impression that he's innocent & weak however we quickly learn that he is actually quite powerful. He is able to use his "metal vessel"(think genie in a lamp) which is a flute to summon a powerful djinn(genie) named Ugo. He also appears to have magical powers that aren't dependent on his "metal vessel". Aladdin is also quite the perv when it comes to women.

Alibaba is introduced as a wine cart driver with dreams of capturing a dungeon in order to become rich & famous. Alibaba is a child from the slums who's mother was a prostitute. He is also the son of Balbadd’s King & is taken in & made a prince after his mothers death. Alibaba is a skilled fencer & later gains a "metal vessel" that has power over fire.

Morgiana is introduced as a Slave girl who shows little emotion. She is from a tribe called the Fanalist Clan which consist of powerful hunters who have extraordinary speed & physical strength. Basically she's the brawler of the group.

Sinbad is the King of Sindria and leader of the Alliance of the Seven Seas. He's basically this bad ass hero arc type & is said to have captured 7 dungeons the first being when he was only 14. He appears to have a kind heart however his true intentions/role in the story has yet to be revealed.

Judal is the "Magi" of the Kou Empire & seems to love violence & war. His ability to use magic seems to be superior to Aladdan as he's shown using lightning & ice element based attacks. There also seems to be some hystory between Sinbad & Judal which has yet to be revealed. So far Judal seems like a likely canidate to become a reacerring antagonist within the story.

Just to give you guys an idea on some of the art work/fighting in this manga.

Aladdin fighting with Ugo

Alibaba rescuing a child

Morgiana kicking ass

Sinbad pwning Alibaba

Judal vs Aladdin

Monster brawl brought to you by Claymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liondemon View Post
Yeah vengeance, if i could giuve rep to your o so epic post too i would, but unfortunately I have already repped your greatness already so i cannot either. Just wanted u to know im on your cock now too
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOTKorby View Post
FOOLS! Time is no obstacle for utter lunacy! Reality is but an illusion that can be ignored if the insane demand it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batonnoir View Post
1) There may well be some literary or map correlation between the Uzumaki and Ireland.
Check out this awesome manga called Magi.

Wanna join me come and play, but I mite shoot you in your face. Bombs and bullets will do the trick. What we need here is a little bit of panic! ~ Get Jinxed

Last edited by Vengeance; 02-21-2012 at 03:57 PM.
Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vengeance For This Useful Post:
kluang (02-10-2012)
Old 06-17-2012, 07:01 PM   #79
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,597 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

So if you aren't paying attention to New Posts, Killerrabbit has brought a new manga to the fore that's pretty good (only three chapters): Green Blood. Takes place in post civil war New York, story revolving around two brothers and the gang warfare that consumed New York at the time.

Despite the rather classic plots that are bound to arise, the manga is well drawn and looks to make a fresh take on a classic period in US history.

http://mangastream.com/read/green_blood/62924733/1

Oh, and gun-knife.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
kluang (06-17-2012)
Old 06-26-2012, 04:52 AM   #80
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

THE WORLD GOD ONLY KNOWS
Quote:
Katsuragi Keima is known on the net as the "Capturing God" because of his ability to capture the hearts of girls in virtual dating sims. But in real life he’s known as 'Otamegane' and hates all '3D' girls, believing them inferior to girls of the game world. After unknowingly signing a contract from hell, Elsee, a devil from Hell who has heard of his legendary girl-capturing skills, comes into Keima's world and tells him about the contract he had made with hell, which is to capture the loose souls who escaped to earth. These spirits only hide in the crevices in women's hearts, and the only way to get them out is to make the host fall in love so that the gap in the heart will be filled. Keima unwillingly accepts the challenge, because if he doesn't, he will lose his head.
This is one of the best manga out there.

http://mangafox.me/manga/the_world_god_only_knows/

Period

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

Last edited by kluang; 07-01-2012 at 01:25 PM. Reason: forgot link
kluang is offline   Reply With Quote