Gameboy Evolution - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Gaming

Gaming Talk about your favorite video and pc games and console in this section!

Old 08-17-2005, 08:59 PM   #1
sheik
S-Ranked Shinobi

sheik will become famous soon enoughsheik will become famous soon enoughsheik will become famous soon enough
Gameboy Evolution

The Gameboy evolution will revolutionize how we see portables and will be waaaaaaay better than PSP and will stop people from saying Nintendo is failing! Basicly the Gameboy Evolution is a portable Gamecube. They are haveing a hard time finding a cost effecent way to make it that is consumer friendly! If they release it right now, it would be really expensive! The DS was just taste of Nintendo.

Here is a article on it and another one from IGN:

GameBoy Evolution

Wow. So the PSP is supposed to be the most graphically advenced handheld. That may be true...but it won't last too long. Nintendo is going to have a coup on the handheld market, not that they don't already, but in the near future, companies are going to need kryptonite to enter this market.

I got this from another forum I visit, and the word from Matt at IGN.com is that the GameBoy Evolution, as he calls it, has progressed mightily. Basically, Nintendo lost interest in it because they want it to be a portable GameCube, and do it cost-effectivly...it wasn't happening. GameCube games on the go.....actual GameCube media...absolutly awesome. Apparently that was a front...they've been hard at work on it since and the DS is NOT, again NOT, their next-gen "Gameboy" or handheld. It's just something new.....a bridge so to speak. The DS is here to slow the PSP until Nintendo feels comfortable releasing the giant. Anyway, here's the stuff from IGN.com a few days ago. Sorry if this was posted.

http://cube.ign.com/mail/

"The Next Game Boy

matt you seem down on the ds but what about the next game boy do you think that could compete with PSP?

Matt responds: Don't let my rants fool you. I'm not down on the DS. I'm just waiting to see its true potential realized. As for the next Game Boy, which I'll call Game Boy Evolution since this seems to be the popular title for it, I'm extremely optimistic.
Actually, based on things I've heard, the paths of the DS and GBE have intersected already. Sources claim that the idea for the next Game Boy took flight right about the same time GameCube launched. The device was merely supposed to be a portable GameCube. Nintendo was hoping to create a synergy between the two platforms. However, for whatever reason -- probably an inability to miniaturize the GameCube at a consumer-friendly price -- the Game Boy successor was abandoned. Instead, Nintendo opted to use an old piece of tech: a hardware dubbed Nitro that was originally developed to be an update to the Game Boy line during the PS1 era. At former NCL president Hiroshi Yamauchi's suggestion, the tech was enhanced with a second screen and later a touch-sensitive interface. Thus, the DS was born.

What's interesting is that work on Game Boy Evolution is allegedly further along than most of us would probably guess. And more intriguing still, sources claim that Nintendo is once again trying to make the machine a portable GameCube.

If that comes to fruition, I will likely be singing the praises of Game Boy Evolution from the very start. It would be an amazing accomplishment. The machine would have a potential library of 500 games from launch. Imagine being able to play Wind Waker, Metroid Prime, Resident Evil 4, Wave Race, and Pikmin on the go. It's a Nintendo fan's dream come true."

What happened to Typhoon_4434?
made by rasenganfox

sheik is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-17-2005, 09:01 PM   #2
YoshiToshi
YoshiToshi say grawr.

YoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these parts
Sounds awesome........... and expensive. How much is it gonna be when it comes out? Probably much more than the PSP since it's better than it. Gaming consoles are getting more and more expensive as they get higher and higher in technology. The level of technology is sky-rocketing right now, so I just buy the consoles when they're half-off, about a year or so later. But with all the new technology items coming out, including gaming consoles, I'm sure that Sony or some other company or even Nintendo will come up with something better than Gameboy Evolution.

1.14.20.9 - 14.15.15.2|hope to be more active...

yoshitoshi//yoshitoshi//yoshitoshi//yoshi toshi
YoshiToshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 09:47 PM   #3
sheik
S-Ranked Shinobi

sheik will become famous soon enoughsheik will become famous soon enoughsheik will become famous soon enough
That is why it wasnt released when PSP came out because it was too exspensive. They are finding cost efficent ways of making it so It will cost less. It will come out after the Revolution.

made by rasenganfox

Old 08-18-2005, 09:26 AM   #4
Daitashi
The Shadowed Sennin

Daitashi is an unknown quantity at this point
Nintendo has brought out 3 new handhelds in the last year, its a sign of them struggling to keep up.

Daitashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 01:31 AM   #5
shadowclone
Genbu

shadowclone is just really niceshadowclone is just really niceshadowclone is just really niceshadowclone is just really niceshadowclone is just really niceshadowclone is just really niceshadowclone is just really nice
Make it four....Gameboy Micro 9/16/05

So true.

shadowclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 01:40 PM   #6
sheik
S-Ranked Shinobi

They are not struggling. Look at sony, they made a updated PS1, PS2 and a updated PSP so who looks like they are struggling. The GBM is just an update and not a totally new gameboy.

made by rasenganfox

Old 08-23-2005, 04:31 PM   #7
ApatheticDimwit
ಠ_ಠ

ApatheticDimwit is infamous around these partsApatheticDimwit is infamous around these partsApatheticDimwit is infamous around these partsApatheticDimwit is infamous around these partsApatheticDimwit is infamous around these partsApatheticDimwit is infamous around these parts
Oh dear...expensive-ness.
ApatheticDimwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 05:46 PM   #8
Khari
Gyokunyo

Khari is infamous around these partsKhari is infamous around these parts
oh dear I'm afraid I'm a cheap bastard
Old 08-23-2005, 08:59 PM   #9
/\/ollog
Genin

/\/ollog is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't see Ninty changing the handheld market in any drastic way.

They'll just make the GB family more powerful.
If they try anything else, I forsee doom.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:14 AM   #10
sheik
S-Ranked Shinobi

That was the problem, not making it PSP expensive! I seriously doubt Nintendo will fail sense Nintendo has Billions of Dollars.

made by rasenganfox