Positive or Negative Reinforcement - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section

Debates Section Enjoy a good discussion? This is the place for you! Only knowledgeable discussions allowed!

Old 11-11-2005, 09:53 PM   #1
Utsukushi_no_Kyuubi
Genin

Utsukushi_no_Kyuubi is an unknown quantity at this point
Positive or Negative Reinforcement

Which do you think helps you, or the troubled youth out there, learn most efficiently?

I myself have to go with positive reinforcement for the younger ones... but once they hit their teens, you need to slap some negatives in there...

People attack newbies who can't spell worth a darn. I hate that... n00bs (the ones who misspell and are completely concieted) though, are an acception, they're hard to teach. Newbies, however, we just need to teach them how to spell, and how to interact on the net, since it is a lot different than interacting with real people.

Please, post your opinions!!

Old 11-12-2005, 12:38 PM   #2
billybobchavv
Genin

billybobchavv is an unknown quantity at this point
it depends on the situation
billybobchavv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 04:13 PM   #3
DarkAztek
Sand Man

DarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to all
Lemme guess, this started from my thread, eh?

Well first off, allow me to correct you. Negative reinforcement is not what you think it is. You want aversive reinforcement. Negative reinforcement is when you take away a plus, like if I was holding you hostage and you struggled, I'd say you cannot go to the bathroom anymore. Aversive would be if I beat the shit out of you.

Now, behaviorist expert B.F. Skinner would say that positive reinforcement always works and that it is the best route. I disagree with him (many other psychologists disagree as well). Let us take the issue of spanking... There can be a case where a spanking (aversive conditioning) is not needed and just changing to it would be disasterous. However, that's not always the case. There are some children that positive and negative conditioning simply does not work. Aversive punishment creates a very real and physical person in power, which can help prevent unwanted behavior.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/HookerBodyShots/shark.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[center][b]Filler content[/b][/center]
DarkAztek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 10:03 PM   #4
fieldscarcrow
Missing-Nin

fieldscarcrow has a spectacular aura aboutfieldscarcrow has a spectacular aura aboutfieldscarcrow has a spectacular aura aboutfieldscarcrow has a spectacular aura about
postive,no kid is not gonna go drugs,or stop cutting,if u beat them and tell them that their a piece of crap
fieldscarcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 11:26 PM   #5
flareofdragon
Hunter-Nin

flareofdragon is on a distinguished roadflareofdragon is on a distinguished road
<_< Both are needed. A child, especially in an independent-reliant society will need negative. Otherwise, they start to believe they are their own center of the universe. But positives can also do wonders, so it is important to have a mix of both.

flareofdragon.deviantart.com
flareofdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 11:30 PM   #6
Shika Love
Genin

Shika Love is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by flareofdragon
<_< Both are needed. A child, especially in an independent-reliant society will need negative. Otherwise, they start to believe they are their own center of the universe. But positives can also do wonders, so it is important to have a mix of both.
Agreed! You wouldn't want an idiot. Or a stuck up.
Old 11-15-2005, 12:10 AM   #7
Kakashi no Raimei
Academy Student

Kakashi no Raimei is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsukushi_no_Kyuubi
People attack newbies who can't spell worth a darn. I hate that... n00bs (the ones who misspell and are completely concieted) though, are an acception, they're hard to teach. Newbies, however, we just need to teach them how to spell, and how to interact on the net, since it is a lot different than interacting with real people.

Please, post your opinions!!
Since Dark Aztec wrote a very well-placed response (props, dude! ) i'm sorry Utsukushi but you really asked for me to bring this up. Please keep in mind i'm not trying to be mean. This is only to show you that you should really pay attention to what you say since your likely offending people. First lets look at what you said. I don't even know where to begin your grammar is such a mess. Something about judging noobs (i'm guessing to this forum?) and associating for no given reason people being conceited just for perhaps having poor spelling skills? I would love to discover where it is exactly you get such obtuse reasoning. i mean seriously dude, are you trying to pointlessly upset people? and this next one is priceless -**quote Utsukushi no Kyuubi - "though, are an acception, they're hard to teach. Newbies, however, we just need to teach them how to spell," end quote** lol first off its exception not acception. And here your speaking of teaching other people how to spell? thats very amusing. While at the same time making a very hypocritical assumption that all noobs, as you say, are 'hard to teach'? Bascially you just told every newcomer to the forums, such as myself, that we are stupid. I hate to break it to you but all you've accomplished is making yourself look that way with such an idiotic generalization. and heres the icing on the cake ^_^ **quote Utsukushi no Kyuubi - "and how to interact on the net, since it is a lot different than interacting with real people." end quote** um..last time i checked i never used any different approach to interacting with people on the net than i do in real life. So if you have to put up a mask of who you are to others then that's very sad my friend. maybe now you'll see how very rude it is to say things like that about other people. You should really be more courteous to others, that you should

Last edited by Kakashi no Raimei; 11-15-2005 at 01:49 AM.
Kakashi no Raimei is offline   Reply With Quote