Fear of Death? - Page 2 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section

Debates Section Enjoy a good discussion? This is the place for you! Only knowledgeable discussions allowed!

Old 08-28-2005, 01:30 PM   #16
flareofdragon
Hunter-Nin

flareofdragon is on a distinguished roadflareofdragon is on a distinguished road
I don't.

Its other people that I am worried about.

flareofdragon.deviantart.com
flareofdragon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-28-2005, 01:48 PM   #17
OG
[잊지 말아요]

Thanked 4,149 Times in 1,809 Posts
OG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these parts
i don't fear death, though i fear how i will die.......=(
Old 08-28-2005, 02:39 PM   #18
Impulse
Live. Love. Burn. Die.

Impulse is on a distinguished roadImpulse is on a distinguished road
I don't care as long as I die happy.
Old 08-28-2005, 04:50 PM   #19
YoshiToshi
YoshiToshi say grawr.

YoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these parts
I fear death very much. I have alot of things on this earth that I want to accomplish before dying. I don't want to die before I finish what I have to do.

1.14.20.9 - 14.15.15.2|hope to be more active...

yoshitoshi//yoshitoshi//yoshitoshi//yoshi toshi
YoshiToshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 06:00 AM   #20
Higaki
Academy Student

Higaki is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah..its very scary expecially when you thought that someone you love the most in this world will dead...T_T
Higaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 07:21 AM   #21
Tsyukomi
Genin

Tsyukomi is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah... seem like some people in here have alot to accomplish before they can say that they can die with ease.... which reminds me of a saying i've heard before... goes something like this:

Plan your life like you'll live forever, but live your life like you'll die tomorrow.

Some people share'd in this thread they do not fear death, because it is reality, and just have to learn to accept it... I think that is a big part of overcoming the fear of death... as long as we can accept death, and realize that it's all apart of life, then I think the fear goes away...

Some people also share that they still have alot they want to do before they die.... and I have to agree that I have alot of things I would like to do before I die.... which makes me think that with the time that is given to me, life is too short.... I hope I can use every second, minute, hour, day, etc... wisely... and not waste any time... because once the time pass's... I won't be able to get it bak... which leads to a whole other issue... how are we using our time...... just something to think about! ^^

Member of The: Konoha 5 FC

Member of The: Ichigo FC

~Special Thanks to Uchiha1412Toshi Who helped me change my name ^^

~My Amigo Kitsune_ai She loves Ero-Sennin ^^
Tsyukomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 05:58 PM   #22
akarhi
Academy Student

akarhi is an unknown quantity at this point
It'll be a part lie to seriously not be afraid of death. One way or another, every one is afraid, because no one knows what will happen then, and it's not like a dead guy can pop up and tell ya' what'll happen, right. Too a degree I'm scared of it, but then again, how often should I think of it? I would be twisted then...
akarhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 06:27 PM   #23
flareofdragon
Hunter-Nin

flareofdragon is on a distinguished roadflareofdragon is on a distinguished road
You know, I am not afraid of death. Really, I am not. The only thing I would worry about is other people's condition, and what my death would have an effect on them. And I really don't have to worry about that until I raise a family.

flareofdragon.deviantart.com
flareofdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 10:03 PM   #24
the_fat_alchemist
the fear in your dreams

the_fat_alchemist is an unknown quantity at this point
sleep is the cousion of death so my eyes are wide open cuz dream is kin to your last breath

http://www.myspace.com/blackruto"
the_fat_alchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 11:05 PM   #25
Pretty*Kitty
Academy Student

Pretty*Kitty is an unknown quantity at this point
i fear death case i am scared that my life is over and u never know when your going to die it my be in 3 days 24 months 5 yaers

Ronen-cool bro
Satoshi-ewwwwwwwwww
Pretty*Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 05:43 AM   #26
Tsyukomi
Genin

Tsyukomi is an unknown quantity at this point
don't you guys wish.. we can just live forever?.... and if we are having a bad day and really want to die... don't you wish we can just die when we want to and just come bak to life again after a while.. like sleeping!? =P kekeke

Member of The: Konoha 5 FC

Member of The: Ichigo FC

~Special Thanks to Uchiha1412Toshi Who helped me change my name ^^

~My Amigo Kitsune_ai She loves Ero-Sennin ^^
Tsyukomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 10:30 PM   #27
Dogoku
Genin

Dogoku is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Itachi
Death is inevitable and you'll have to get that fact through your head before you can deal with it. I'm not afraid, when it comes, it comes, I can't stop it. But I beileve I'll be ready when it decides to rear it ugly but magnificent head.
That is what i believe as well. Live life to the fullest and be prepared when that time comes.

Also that is actually the theory of life, from an ancient greek philosophy school (not school as known today, but more like a group, like surealism,realism etc) called the Stoick. They believed exactly what you said: Death is inevitable. The knew that very well and they lived there lifes, prepared and ready to accept it.

A great greek poet called Constantinos Kavafis, and my favorite, was also very affected by that theory. Here's an excellent poem called:

"The god abandoned Anthony" - Anthony, is actually Mark Anthony, one of the best roman generals, who conquered Egypt, then fell in love with the queen of eqypt, Cleopatra (i think) and then went against Cesar.Then Cesar attacked Egypt and defeated Anthony. The story takes place minutes before he's defeat, when he can see from his window Cesar's fleet reaching ashore, at the city of Alexandria.

Quote:
The god abandoned Anthony

At midnight, when suddenly you hear
an invisible procession going by
with exquisite music, voices,
don't mourn your luck that's failing now,your
work gone wrong, your plans
all proving deceptive - don't mourn them uselessly:
as one long prepared, and full of courage,
say goodbye to it, to Alexandria who is leaving.
Above all, don't fool yourself, don't say
it was a dream, your ears deceived you:
don't degrade yourself with empty hopes like these.
As one long prepared, and full of courage,
as is right for you who were given this kind of city,
step firmly towards the window
and listen with deep emotion,
but not with the whining, the pleas of a coward;
listen - as your final pleasure - to the voices,
to the exquisite music of that strange procession,
and say goodbye to it, to the Alexandria you are losing.
Sry about the translation, it's kind of lousy. but you can get what he has to say

The "exquisite music and voices" are said to be the followers of one the 12 Olympian gods, Dionysos, who was also protector of Anthony. He hears them now, as the followers are leaving alexandria and thus that god is abandoning Anthony. The ancient greeks and romans, believed that if there god abandoded them, there defeat would be certain.

The concept of the poem has nothing to do with the historic incident. Kavafis just chose this glorious man as an example, to show us how we should react when we have reached the end, when death approaches and we see that we'll lose everything we fought for

Join, will ya?

Last edited by Dogoku; 09-08-2005 at 10:49 PM.
Dogoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 12:11 AM   #28
#1 Bad Guy
Oakgyrl's Psychotic Husband

#1 Bad Guy is on a distinguished road#1 Bad Guy is on a distinguished road
I cant wait to die. Finaly I will be released from this ungodly world and go some place else, where? Honestly i realy dont care where....

And for those of you who realy think you will be prepared to die, more than likely you will not. Knowing you are about to die is a luxury few people recieve. Chances are your going to wake up, go on with your day as you usualy do and then.....your gonna die. You wont have time to pray or thank anyone or tell some one to tell some one you love them. None of that. One minute you will be alive and the next you will be dead.

Im probaly gonna be one of those souls that never go to the other side (a ghost) because Im holding alot of grudges and have alot of business i know i will not finish before I die, cuz im probaly going to die young. And even if all that happens, Im cool with that.

Death is whatever, fearing it will only bring unessessary pain and and confusion. It is going to happen, no matter what new sceintific developemnts are made. This is the way of the world.everything dies. What comes after death cant be that much worse than the world we live in now..

And those are my views on death.......Crazy? Probaly but it keeps me from staying awake at night

#1 Bad Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 01:49 AM   #29
Dogoku
Genin

Dogoku is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1 Bad Guy
And for those of you who realy think you will be prepared to die, more than likely you will not. Knowing you are about to die is a luxury few people recieve. Chances are your going to wake up, go on with your day as you usualy do and then.....your gonna die. You wont have time to pray or thank anyone or tell some one to tell some one you love them. None of that. One minute you will be alive and the next you will be dead.
Death is whatever, fearing it will only bring unessessary pain and and confusion. It is going to happen, no matter what new sceintific developemnts are made. This is the way of the world.everything dies. What comes after death cant be that much worse than the world we live in now..
What i meant was not the first part you said, about having the luxury to know when u r about to die, but the second part, being able to understand and accept that you ARE going to die someday.

Also i believe that this life is meaningless compared to what comes next. I am curious to see what happens, but i dont wanna rush it either. Perhaps we'll go to a place called "heaven" or "hell", perhaps our, already meaningless, existance will just end and we just become another part of the lower food-chain. We dont know what's gonna happen but that's the thrilling part about it

Join, will ya?

Dogoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 03:33 AM   #30
fieldscarcrow
Missing-Nin

fieldscarcrow has a spectacular aura aboutfieldscarcrow has a spectacular aura aboutfieldscarcrow has a spectacular aura aboutfieldscarcrow has a spectacular aura about
quotes ninjai:"If u want me to live,then i want to live.If u want me to die,then i whant to die"

quotes a movie:"death cant bring me anything life hasnt"

But i do not fear death,or how it will embrace me,all i know is,that if i die,then it was ment to be and i dont want anyone to cry,if i dont die,its ment to be,and i wish to be thought of as a person,not a mean cruel person.

"Death is a take out order at a new resteraunt,you never know how its gonna be,and when its gonna be" (this is how your mind works when your so tired,sleeping on glass sounds plesent..if u whanted to know"
fieldscarcrow is offline   Reply With Quote