Official Naruto Dub Chat - Page 3 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Anime

Naruto Anime Talk about the anime series Naruto here! Remember, this is anime only. No manga!

Old 09-10-2005, 11:31 PM   #31
Baller
Academy Student

Baller is an unknown quantity at this point
OMG! I can't believe sum of u liked it. I am sorry but I plain out HATED it. I had such high hopes but i was VERY dissapointed. I'm stickin' to the jap version for sure. I am never watching Naruto in american version EVER again.

Baller is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-10-2005, 11:32 PM   #32
OffTheChain

OffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure Evil
question, what was the opening like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazmo from Narutofan.com
Wow... that is one way to describe the initial feeling of what just happened. Episode 1 & 2 of the Naruto anime series just aired on Toonami's Cartoon Network block and really many people were pleasantly surprised to see that it was a GOOD dub as is evident by the amount of praise that played out on the very busy Naruto Forums tonight as we had a live thread about these episodes going on that quickly saw many people join in, as I'm sure we will have next week. There really was only one very disheartening thing about these episodes, and it doesn't even have anything to do with the actual episode itself. My friends, I'm sorry to tell you that Akeboshi's Wind was not included as the ending theme song. It's ok, it's ok, I'll give you a minute to recover. Despite the fact that both the opening and ending themes were changed, it was a good showing of what VIZ will continue to bring us in the future with their anime series.

Now of course I have compiled an edit list of everything that was editted in the first two episodes, or anything that I noticed anyways and considered noteworthy. Firstly, I would like to say that the names were all left the same. Naruto is Naruto, Hokage is Hokage, Iruka is Iruka and so on. The technique names are also going with a practical literal translation, unlike the Manga series that VIZ also is in control of. There is no Doppelganger! There IS a Sexy Jutsu, but there is not any blood coming out of the nose of the Sexy Jutsu victim (look for that in the uncut DVD's). The content for the episodes is also the same, including the very important emotionally charged background music. I think we were all just overjoyed to hear things said with the correct words, for an example it is Iruka Sensei instead of the Master Iruka we saw in the English manga. There is so many things that could be said about these two episodes, I will have to rate them 8/10.

Now, a few of you may argue with the majorities point of view that this was a good dub, and that the voices were actually pretty good, and that is alright. You can have your say, but it really is hard to argue the fact that this is much better than almost anyone expected. The words were kept to what they should be, they were pronounced as they should be pronounced in the English language, afterall the voice actors are not Japanese and should not be expected at all to have the way of speaking only the Japanese have. The video and animation quality was also very good, and I can't help but feel relieved that doomsday is not upon us. The only way you could look at this with an overly negative attitude is if you were too busy trying to find the bad things instead of focusing on all of the good things that we have repeatedly hoped and prayed would be included. Looking forward to #3 (and of course Episode 151 of the Japanese Naruto anime series, coming Wednesday)!

Last edited by OffTheChain; 09-10-2005 at 11:34 PM.
OffTheChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 11:47 PM   #33
Freshgrease
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Thanked 1,005 Times in 546 Posts
Freshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to all
I'd never be caught watching it with anyone around, but I might watch it or the heck o doing so. Its just so embarrassing....
Freshgrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 11:54 PM   #34
Baller
Academy Student

Baller is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree 100%. Except for watchin' it. And the intro was horrible don't worry about it.

Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 12:00 AM   #35
k-strife
Genin

k-strife is an unknown quantity at this point
i personally thought the dub was pretty bad... The voices were pretty bad, i've gotten too used to the japanese ones. Their voice acting shows hardly any emotion... The only one i think is even remotely "ok" was konohamaru. And even then, during the second episode i stopped watching it...
Old 09-11-2005, 12:09 AM   #36
Hijinn Nick
Academy Student

Hijinn Nick is an unknown quantity at this point
dissapointed like most of us.

Top 10 things that made me mad when I was watching Naruto.

1. No blood

2. Voice acting had no heart

3. Killed the better theme song! grrrr

4. Did anyone in the begining call the 3rd "Lord?"

5. No blood

6. How some of the words said don't make sence. Clone jutsu? why change a good saying.

7. Viz media made it and i hated it

8. Encore? I wanted to watch One piece to!!!!!

9. Music during the show was rather lacking

10. That i thought of 10 reasons why I didn't like naruto dubbed.

I have lost all hope for dubbed Anime everywhere

OMG! It's like I don't care! Cause I don't!
Hijinn Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 12:26 AM   #37
Demonhacker
Gyokunyo

Demonhacker is infamous around these partsDemonhacker is infamous around these partsDemonhacker is infamous around these partsDemonhacker is infamous around these partsDemonhacker is infamous around these partsDemonhacker is infamous around these partsDemonhacker is infamous around these parts
Im hoping when DVD is released here we get unedited Dub and Original Japanese.

Im the guy you see pass by you on the street. Im the one you ignore everyday. Im not heroic or extrodinary. Im neither very smart nor am I stupid, but I have needs.I have been here longer than most have. I am a veteran around these parts, but attention is not granted to me. I am ignored, and thats how I like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeds
So I was thinking...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shino
I hope you didnt hurt yourself.
Demonhacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 12:42 AM   #38
toothpick
Genin

toothpick is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonhacker
Im hoping when DVD is released here we get unedited Dub and Original Japanese.
oo man,i hope the same here,lol.anyway,narutos voice is crappy.i hate it.the only voice that sounds good is the hokages.and how come they didnt put the original ending intro in.thats f**king messed up.and the intro too.**sigh**.....ppls gotten so used to japanese voice acting that we cant stand americanized acting.bleh
Old 09-11-2005, 12:43 AM   #39
kazu_chan
ANBU

kazu_chan is an unknown quantity at this point
...i thought it waqs gonna be ok well at least better thn the trailer i saw...
to all the ppl that hav seen it does it sound liek the trailer i put up...???

<<--ROFL rite..<This is ladies and gentlemen what we call abusing your mod powers effectively LMAO>
kazu_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 12:44 AM   #40
thekidflash
Academy Student

thekidflash is an unknown quantity at this point
thing with me is that I never have high hopes for dubbed anime,and although I'm very pleased with some anime if they do it right, FMA is Allright, .hack was just fine, but

the japanese language is kind of poetic the way it is.

alot more sounds, it's more unique then plain old english.

although when i'm braindead I do prefer the good ole english.

for the most part, this dubb satasfied me, to be honest I expected much worse.
Although, I'm rather open, and I can tolerate voice actors.

Naruto is one of those animes for in which I love to make fun of when I watch it, but I love it. It's a downright good anime. It's got action, story, and good characters, to which every character in the show I like.. Lots, even kabuto and Orochimaru.

And then it's got this certain streched out Soap opera effect, to which I make fun of by screaming IRUKA NOOOO! or NO! NOT NARUTO! or Orochimaru you bastard! much to the distaste of my hyperpsudo super conservative christian neightbor. (nothing against christians but she just happens to scare me.. and if you knew her you would know why.)
Anyway, big pet peeve I had with the show was naruto saying BELIEVE IT!

which i added a certain profanity afterwards, hehe..

Besides that, I liked mizuki's voice the best, Naruto was okay, I like that paraticular voice actor, (I rechonize it as milo from oblongs, and possibly that kid from king of the hill) Iruka was fine, the third was fine, when I heard kohonamaru's voice I yelled, "Whooo I'm a cute little brat! fear me! just wait till I reviel that my personal trainer is a closet pervert at the expense of the american censors!"

Sakura was okay, sasuke? eh, I dunno about that, but I guess it suits him as good as it can.

my opinion is, it was dubbed for the toonami audience who brought us Dragon Ball Z, what were you expecting? Only Adult swim gets the fairly reasonable dubs.
thekidflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 12:52 AM   #41
KyoichiKanami
R.I.P Richard Pryor 12/1/1940 - 12/10/2005

KyoichiKanami is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow, this is really a dub that can grow on me. The pronounciations were as good as we could have hoped for, since this is pretty much Viz's first dub with high expectations. And I really liked Naruto's voice. Kakashi's souned kinda...Trippy in the commercial, like he was high or something. And Iruka's voice was the BEST! I watched the encore and compared it to ep. 1 of the ANBU-AonE fansub, and I'd reaslly have to give it a 93% out of 100. The only beefs I had were they took out every piece of blood except the bloodstains. i.e., when Iruka caught Mizuki's shuriken in his back. They removed the blood that had splattered around him, but kept the blood that was on his vest at the start of the forest scene. O.o;; Anywho, like I said. It gets a 93% out of 100 for me. Unlike most of my colleauges, I pretty much liked the fact that Naruto said "Believe it!" rather than "Dattebayo!". Can you imagine how odd it'd sound for kids to run around at school yelling "DATTEBAYO!"? Sheesh, I love it. Also, the phrases for the teachers was weird. They kept saying "Mizuki-sensei! Iruka-sensei!" I know it was like that in the manga, but they coulda steered away from bad tries at honorifics this time. Earn that 94%, you [explicitive deleted]. Hmm, I wouldn't put this above something like the Escaflowne movie (which I'm watching right now) or even GetBackers, but I'd definitely shell out for the uncut dvd's.

Final Analysis:

+Superb voices for most characters (Ino, you really sound like a pig!, Hinata, your voice is perfect!!)
+More tolerable catch phrase (We've come from "Dattebayo!" to "Believe it!". What a massive step. [Insert sarcasm])
+Most of the original content was left in (Hooray for Konohamaru's sigil.)
----------
- 3rd Hokage sounds completely weird, even when spoken of by other characters (I'd have sworn it was Hoe-cage. Must've been me.)
- Verbal abuse has been toned down (Inner Sakura- "I kick butt!" -_-;; That's just tacky..)
- Opening theme completely ruined (They just used background music and clips from various openings over some fool pretending to yell "Naruto" in japanese. Seriously, was it that hard to request Asian Kung-Fu Generation and the others for permission?)

Overall Grade: 93.4%

Final Comments: A must buy for those who were just introduced, but long-time fans are better off with the fansubs. Plus, it's just easier to hear "Believe it!" yelled by your little brother than "Dattebayo!"

The Dai-Gurren Dan! Kicking reason to the curb and piercing through heaven!

Last edited by KyoichiKanami; 09-11-2005 at 01:10 AM.
KyoichiKanami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 01:13 AM   #42
sheik
S-Ranked Shinobi

sheik will become famous soon enoughsheik will become famous soon enoughsheik will become famous soon enough
I cant believe they showed the blood that was on Iruka's back when he took the shuriken out. There was still blood and The Sexy no Jutsu didn't make sense with no nose bleeds!

THIS WAS STILL A GREAT DUBB AND IF YOU SAY OTHER WISE YOU MUST EITHER A GTA-HOLIC OR DON'T LIKE NARUTO BECAUSE YOU LOVE BLOOD ANd NOT THE STORY!!!!!!!!!!

kakashi sounded wierd
9/10 possibly the best dubb on toonami since Yu Yu Hakasho.

What happened to Typhoon_4434?
made by rasenganfox

sheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 01:30 AM   #43
monkeyisland510
Academy Student

monkeyisland510 is an unknown quantity at this point
they cut all of the blood out and when the hokage "should" have got i nose bleed he just fell back. WITH NO BLOOD. AND THEN AFTERWARDS HE WAS WIPING HIS NOSE. WTF? THAT IS WHAT I CALL CHEAP.
monkeyisland510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 04:06 AM   #44
Darkchan
Academy Student

Darkchan is an unknown quantity at this point
meh...the nosebleeds only account for the episodes with the sexy no jitsu. As for the scene with Iruka im happy they left the blood on him. No spillage but still, they are trying. Its still a show I would definatly watch dubbed.
Old 09-11-2005, 05:13 AM   #45
YoshiToshi
YoshiToshi say grawr.

YoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these parts
Except for some parts of the show, such as blood and the other stuff you guys mentioned, I thought it was fairly good for idiots such as VIZ to make.
It didn't TOTALLY suck like One Piece, and the pronounciation sucks, too... but I don't expect much. I'm still sticking to the fansubs.

And when it comes out on DVD, yes, they are having it in japanese. They already have it out in japanese.

1.14.20.9 - 14.15.15.2|hope to be more active...

yoshitoshi//yoshitoshi//yoshitoshi//yoshi toshi
YoshiToshi is offline   Reply With Quote