Official Naruto Dub Chat - Page 55 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Anime

Naruto Anime Talk about the anime series Naruto here! Remember, this is anime only. No manga!

Old 05-20-2007, 02:38 PM   #811
Highspeed0516
Chuunin

Highspeed0516 will become famous soon enoughHighspeed0516 will become famous soon enoughHighspeed0516 will become famous soon enough
Re: Official Naruto Dub Chat

No, Pervy Sage doesn't say "Rasengan" in the Japanese version until he demonstrates the difference between Naruto's current version and his on a tree. (While describing the third step of the process). They are correct so far. I believe its the next episode where he does that. So maybe they really don't want to give it away. Please don't let it be "spinning jutsu" lol

Then we have to go through Tsunade's little bet with Naruto . . . that should be fun.

As for the OVA ... they had the intro in there. They did a good job with it, and yeah Blum seemed to be the voice of every extra male voice lol.

I hadn't seen that one in a while, and I had forgotten how useless Sakura was in this too. Seems like they could at least give her more to do in a "filler" like this. Thank goodness she kicks ass in Shippoden.

Last edited by Highspeed0516; 05-20-2007 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Addition
Highspeed0516 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-20-2007, 02:46 PM   #812
sheik
S-Ranked Shinobi

sheik will become famous soon enoughsheik will become famous soon enoughsheik will become famous soon enough

They was funny when the guy karate chopped Sakura and he said she is suppose to be a ninja.

the OVA was really fun and it was nice having to see something new for a change. I want to know when this mission takes place. Also didn't they show this lost episode right after the Sannin fight and they head back home with Tsunade saying she wanted to be the 5th Hokage in Japan?

What happened to Typhoon_4434?
made by rasenganfox

sheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 08:12 PM   #813
Kunoichi24
Genin

Kunoichi24 will become famous soon enoughKunoichi24 will become famous soon enough

I liked the OVA! NOw I want to go get it when it's released on DVD, so I can watch it uncut!!
The new episode was good, too. I really like Tsunade's voice! The VA does a really good job.
I think that they will keep Rasengan, since they kept Chidori. I mean, I hope they will!! During the fight at the Valley of the End, when Sasuke uses Chidori and Naruto uses Rasengan, they both shout the jutsus names. It sounds so cool! It would sound terrible if Sasuke shouts "Chidori!!" and Naruto shouts "Spiraling sphere!!" or "Power/Wind blast!!".

OWNER

Fanclubs

Naruto Shippuden FC
Anti-Sasuke FC
Co-Owner of the Rock Lee FC
Owner of the Avatar: the last airbender FC
Kunoichi24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 08:15 PM   #814
Seal_master
Local Necromancer

Seal_master is just really niceSeal_master is just really niceSeal_master is just really niceSeal_master is just really niceSeal_master is just really niceSeal_master is just really niceSeal_master is just really niceSeal_master is just really nice

i think they keep it just butcher it

Chibi Thread Updated: 3/13/08

CO_OWNER of the RP FC
Evil Fc

thankies Kina X3
by MeteoraTC
Member of:
Fable Fc
Naruto RPG fc
Owner of:
Blood+ Fc
Seal_master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 09:28 PM   #815
LonelyNinja

My "OVA" critique - What the hell was ViZ smoking when they made this? Seriously, this episode is nothing without the blood. After Sasuke threw his Fuuma shuriken it just erases the three "flying" ninja. That's it. Just clothes and air. And when Shibuki (seriously, they killed his name) gets stabbed there's just clothes flying everywhere. No. When someone is stabbed that forcefully with a weapon like that there is blood everywhere! Although I do think the voice actor for the main villain did an alright job.

My new episode critique - Shizune + Tsunade's voice = decent. They have some moments where it strains it, but for the most part it's alright. I'm glad they kep Tsunade's nickname (Legendary Sucker). I though that it might have too much "sexual innuendos" or something. An overall "meh" episode.

@Kunoichi24- I think they're changing "Rasengan" to "Spinning jutsu". Tom says, "On a new episode of Naruto, will he be able to master the Spinning jutsu?" and then he rambles on about other stuff. I'm gonna be more pissed off if they do that. <.<
Old 05-21-2007, 09:43 AM   #816
Kunoichi24
Genin

Kunoichi24 will become famous soon enoughKunoichi24 will become famous soon enough

What do you mean "made"? Viz didn't "make" the OVA. They just dubbed and cut it. There will (hopefully) be an uncut DVD, for those who want to see the blood.

And they say "SPinning Jutsu", because the real name (Rasengan), hasn't been revealed yet. So calm down!! The name should be revealed next episode, so we can worry until then.

OWNER

Fanclubs

Naruto Shippuden FC
Anti-Sasuke FC
Co-Owner of the Rock Lee FC
Owner of the Avatar: the last airbender FC
Kunoichi24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 09:54 AM   #817
Highspeed0516
Chuunin

Highspeed0516 will become famous soon enoughHighspeed0516 will become famous soon enoughHighspeed0516 will become famous soon enough

Yeah . . . that's what I said. Jiyera doesn't say it until he demonstrates the third step.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:13 PM   #818
Ami-san
S-Ranked Shinobi

Ami-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheik View Post
I want to know when this mission takes place.
It took place after episode 80...according to wiki.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Naruto_OVAs

Member of the Akatsuki FC.
Your soul is mine.....Now this is what I call powers....its overflowing...

Co-owner of Gurren Lagann
Ami-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 11:18 PM   #819
LonelyNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunoichi24 View Post
What do you mean "made"? Viz didn't "make" the OVA. They just dubbed and cut it. There will (hopefully) be an uncut DVD, for those who want to see the blood.

And they say "SPinning Jutsu", because the real name (Rasengan), hasn't been revealed yet. So calm down!! The name should be revealed next episode, so we can worry until then.
I suppose I should've used a better choice of words. I know that ViZ didn't make the episodes, but they did put the episodes together for release in the States.

I refuse to calm down, since I'm an asshole that way. >.>
I assumed that "Spinning jutsu" is the name that they're gonna use (for now) because translators want the little kiddies to understand everything the people on the magic TV screen are saying. At least when they said "Chidori" Gai also said "One Thousand Birds". But I don't really remember Jiraiya ever saying that Rasengan means Spiraling Sphere in the subbed version (or reading a DB translation).
Old 05-22-2007, 01:30 AM   #820
TSBasilisk
Jounin

TSBasilisk will become famous soon enoughTSBasilisk will become famous soon enoughTSBasilisk will become famous soon enough

They didn't explain the meaning of Chidori beyond the basics of why it had received that name before saying it was called "Thousand Birds". It's fairly common for animes that want to use Japanese terms to cram it in. In any case, we won't know for certain until episode 91, when the name is first used. For all we know the exchange between them might go something like

Tsunade: Jiraiya, did you teach him the Spiral Sphere, the Rasengan?

The English name I hear kicked around is "Power Strike". I'm not sure where it came from, though. Since they didn't give a long intro speech on it, like with Gai and Chidori, it's possible they may just skimp on it, though that'd be truly pathetic... On the other hand, the name might just work for the voice actor.

[EDIT]: Found it. Apparently, the Uzumaki Chronicles game called it the Power Strike. Whether that name crosses over to the anime, we'll see...

"It may only last for a few more seconds, but for now, at least, I can still hear her voice."
-Ichigo, Memories of Nobody

Last edited by TSBasilisk; 05-22-2007 at 01:31 AM.
TSBasilisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 02:47 PM   #821
Highspeed0516
Chuunin

Power Strike? Well I suppose that's better than spinning jutsu . . but

*vomits*

still tastes a bit like a dry heave.

However, you were right. Tsunade is the first person to metion the name after Naruto fails to use it effectively against her. That episode would be in 3 weeks. *sigh*

In the meantime, it is referred to as a "small typhoon" (the might use Hurricane in the dub)

Last edited by Highspeed0516; 05-22-2007 at 03:04 PM.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:22 PM   #822
Seal_master
Local Necromancer

Seal_master is just really niceSeal_master is just really niceSeal_master is just really niceSeal_master is just really niceSeal_master is just really niceSeal_master is just really niceSeal_master is just really niceSeal_master is just really nice

lets just hope for the best on saturday

CO_OWNER of the RP FC
Evil Fc

thankies Kina X3
by MeteoraTC
Member of:
Fable Fc
Naruto RPG fc
Owner of:
Blood+ Fc
Old 05-22-2007, 07:17 PM   #823
LonelyNinja

I just remembered something from the opening of the "OVA": it spoils the whole freakin' episode almost. I mean, come on, they have the bad dude fighting Shibuki in the sword, it shows the bad dude after he drank the Hero's Water, they showed almost every part that caught me by surprise when I saw the episodes with subtitles. >.>
Old 05-22-2007, 08:25 PM   #824
Seal_master
Local Necromancer

i know that sucks but who relly pays attention to the previews

CO_OWNER of the RP FC
Evil Fc

thankies Kina X3
by MeteoraTC
Member of:
Fable Fc
Naruto RPG fc
Owner of:
Blood+ Fc
Old 05-22-2007, 08:30 PM   #825
LonelyNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seal_master View Post
i know that sucks but who relly pays attention to the previews
The people who watch the episode the minute it begins. I know there are plenty of people who watch a show as soon as it starts.