Official Naruto Dub Chat - Page 56 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Anime

Naruto Anime Talk about the anime series Naruto here! Remember, this is anime only. No manga!

Old 05-22-2007, 08:31 PM   #826
Seal_master
Local Necromancer

Seal_master is just really niceSeal_master is just really niceSeal_master is just really niceSeal_master is just really niceSeal_master is just really niceSeal_master is just really niceSeal_master is just really niceSeal_master is just really nice
Re: Official Naruto Dub Chat

hey have you seen the comercial for the naruto movie here in the us

Chibi Thread Updated: 3/13/08

CO_OWNER of the RP FC
Evil Fc

thankies Kina X3
by MeteoraTC
Member of:
Fable Fc
Naruto RPG fc
Owner of:
Blood+ Fc
Seal_master is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-22-2007, 11:26 PM   #827
TSBasilisk
Jounin

TSBasilisk will become famous soon enoughTSBasilisk will become famous soon enoughTSBasilisk will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyNinja View Post
After Sasuke threw his Fuuma shuriken it just erases the three "flying" ninja. That's it. Just clothes and air. And when Shibuki (seriously, they killed his name) gets stabbed there's just clothes flying everywhere. No. When someone is stabbed that forcefully with a weapon like that there is blood everywhere!
Viz didn't modify that part at all; the original Japanese version was only cloth and air, too. The animated series is much lighter on the gore than the manga.

"It may only last for a few more seconds, but for now, at least, I can still hear her voice."
-Ichigo, Memories of Nobody
TSBasilisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:34 PM   #828
LonelyNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSBasilisk View Post
Viz didn't modify that part at all; the original Japanese version was only cloth and air, too. The animated series is much lighter on the gore than the manga.
Maybe I'm going senile. @_@
I didn't mean "everywhere" as in "the fucking screen was caked with blood". I was exaggerating, but the subbed anime always has more blood. I'm just glad that ViZ didn't get rid of the blood from the kunai wounds and such. <.<
Old 05-23-2007, 09:48 AM   #829
Kunoichi24
Genin

Kunoichi24 will become famous soon enoughKunoichi24 will become famous soon enough

But I do agree that Viz did seem to cut out a lot of blood from the OVA, LonelyNin.
Like the part when Shibuki was stabbed by the bad guy, by that sword made of ice, it showed no blood (except for after Shibuki fell to the ground. Then it showed it on his back). But TSB is right that the manga is much bloodier than the anime.

SealMaster, no I haven't seen the commercial yet. Is it good?

OWNER

Fanclubs

Naruto Shippuden FC
Anti-Sasuke FC
Co-Owner of the Rock Lee FC
Owner of the Avatar: the last airbender FC
Kunoichi24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 12:51 PM   #830
TSBasilisk
Jounin

TSBasilisk will become famous soon enoughTSBasilisk will become famous soon enoughTSBasilisk will become famous soon enough

Well, here's a pretty poor copy of the trailer:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=10Kw59aEfpQ

How the heck did Zabuza end up as Naruto's announcer?

"It may only last for a few more seconds, but for now, at least, I can still hear her voice."
Old 05-23-2007, 03:50 PM   #831
Seal_master
Local Necromancer

Seal_master is just really niceSeal_master is just really niceSeal_master is just really niceSeal_master is just really niceSeal_master is just really niceSeal_master is just really niceSeal_master is just really niceSeal_master is just really nice

that eminds me if anyone sees that movie tell how much they edited the kunai train part

CO_OWNER of the RP FC
Evil Fc

thankies Kina X3
by MeteoraTC
Member of:
Fable Fc
Naruto RPG fc
Owner of:
Blood+ Fc
Old 05-23-2007, 09:10 PM   #832
Sharingan Lord
I'm done. Byeeee.

Sharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud of

Movie coming soon means...
SASUKE VS. NARUTO SOON!
Yeya! Can't wait for it!

Guh...Naruto and his nasal voice... For heaven's sake...HE'S PLAYED BY A HAWAIIAN WOMAN!
Sharingan Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 09:14 PM   #833
Seal_master
Local Necromancer

well he is a kid and most kids sounded like women but i do have to say not at freakin 13 and would have hi voice craking or sound like a woman

CO_OWNER of the RP FC
Evil Fc

thankies Kina X3
by MeteoraTC
Member of:
Fable Fc
Naruto RPG fc
Owner of:
Blood+ Fc
Old 05-23-2007, 10:06 PM   #834
Highspeed0516
Chuunin

Highspeed0516 will become famous soon enoughHighspeed0516 will become famous soon enoughHighspeed0516 will become famous soon enough

Um, his Japanese actor also has a high-tenor voice? Less "Believe its" = better voice for Naruto.

Sasuke vs. Naruto aint coming that soon. 12 Episodes from now I believe if I'm counting correctly. 3 months. End of August, and keep in mind I'm only talking the rooftop preliminary. It'll take well past next Christmas to get throught the Sasuke retrieval arc, and that's assuming we don't have to wait for CN to get more episodes ready.
Highspeed0516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 10:13 PM   #835
Ami-san
S-Ranked Shinobi

Ami-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to behold

I just noticed it but lately on the dub does Naruto rarely say "believe it" anymore?

Member of the Akatsuki FC.
Your soul is mine.....Now this is what I call powers....its overflowing...

Co-owner of Gurren Lagann
Ami-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 10:45 PM   #836
TSBasilisk
Jounin

Yeah, I think that Viz was initially uncertain of how audiences would take accept Naruto, and so the script-writers for the dubbers weren't especially high-quality. "Believe it" was their answer to difficult moments in scripting, leading to the phrase that has made him (in)famous in America. It was mainly due to his constantly using "dattebayo", which has no meaning, probably. With Naruto's success, Viz was probably able to improve their staffing on the project. It also seems to me that their dialog has also improved overall as well; while not perfectly delivered, some of the dubbed segments beat out subs in terms of conveying the actual content. I noticed it originally during "Failure's Hidden Power"; Naruto's monologue on Hinata and Neji seemed very well constructed.

Old 05-24-2007, 12:04 AM   #837
Gaara's Girl
Genin

Location: swimming and getting a great tan (oh, wait. i think it's a sunburn)
Gaara's Girl is an unknown quantity at this point

@SM- yeah, i'll let you know whether they edit a lot from the movie.

there may be a problem for dubb watchers only when it comes to the movie. it takes about maybe 3 weeks for the movie to come on june 6th, right? well, the naruto learning rasengan ark shouldn't be finish by then. so, the people who only watch the dubb will be like "What the heck? he learned that already?" or am i wrong?
Old 05-24-2007, 02:05 AM   #838
Highspeed0516
Chuunin

Highspeed0516 will become famous soon enoughHighspeed0516 will become famous soon enoughHighspeed0516 will become famous soon enough

Yeah, that will be a problem. By then he will still have the wimpy version, so dub watchers will have seen what it looks like, but not the full effect. I'm not sure how much confusion this will cause, after all since Sasuke is all better for the movie, they will assume that at least some time has passed . . . time enough for NAruto to finish learning it. For a while though, they might assume it is the first time he uses it on a bad guy, until the see him really get Kabuto with it.
Highspeed0516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 07:53 PM   #839
Seal_master
Local Necromancer

im just hoping they dont butcher rasengan and make it sound like the eragon word for fire

CO_OWNER of the RP FC
Evil Fc

thankies Kina X3
by MeteoraTC
Member of:
Fable Fc
Naruto RPG fc
Owner of:
Blood+ Fc
Old 05-24-2007, 08:40 PM   #840
Ami-san
S-Ranked Shinobi

Ami-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to behold

I like Tsunade's voice...it sounds alot different than the voice she had when she first spoke...she sounded like she was in her 60's+. Same for Shizune, it matches her perfectly.

Member of the Akatsuki FC.
Your soul is mine.....Now this is what I call powers....its overflowing...

Co-owner of Gurren Lagann
Ami-san is offline   Reply With Quote