Official Naruto Dub Chat - Page 93 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Anime

Naruto Anime Talk about the anime series Naruto here! Remember, this is anime only. No manga!

Old 12-20-2007, 08:46 PM   #1381
Minamoto4444
Genin

Minamoto4444 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Official Naruto Dub Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamato-sama View Post
They have to keep it "TV-Y" or "PG" depending upon the rating system. America is so fukin' screwed up. I'm gunna learn me some japanese and move. lol
your alot closer to sanity than you think saying that

to stay on topic:Naruto Rulez!

Old 12-20-2007, 08:51 PM   #1382
Yamato-sama
Chuunin

Yamato-sama is just really niceYamato-sama is just really niceYamato-sama is just really niceYamato-sama is just really niceYamato-sama is just really niceYamato-sama is just really niceYamato-sama is just really niceYamato-sama is just really nice

Riiiggghhhhtt.... lol. I seriously think we should 'tear down the walls' of viz or something. Anyway. I don't know of anyone who thinks the DUB is better than the original. If such a person exists. That isn't counting people who haven't seen the Japanese translation.

*********|-------------------------/
****o===||__O__________________/ -ZABUZA sword!
*********|____________________/

"But mine doesn't cut through rice paper!" *muffled*
Yamato-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 09:07 PM   #1383
Sharingan Lord
I'm done. Byeeee.

Sharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiki-fuujin View Post
are you freaking blind read the comment that were posted
:lol: shiki.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunoichi24 View Post
The thing about the alcohol being called an "Elixir" is that an Elixir can also be medicine. Basically Medicines can be called Elixirs. So for them to call Sake "ELixir", is stupid. But, I still think it's better than "Potion".
Hmmm. Yeah. So, Tsunade drinks alcoholic medicine, and that's better than booze. Alright, I'll try that.

But we've seen drunk people and driving on television on Cartoon Network, well, at least I have. Is it that Toonami doesn't want to...support it?
Sharingan Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 03:20 PM   #1384
Distortion
Special Jounin

Distortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to behold

I don't really mind the whole translation to "Elixer" and "Loopy Fist". Why? Because it's not alright for children to drink in america, so this is to be expected. By saying "sake" your annoucing that children should drink so they could fight and beat their school bullies, or anyone else they might be fighting. Children would none the less search wtf sake is, and start getting drunk and guess what? Naruto would get canceled.
Old 12-21-2007, 03:40 PM   #1385
sheik
S-Ranked Shinobi

sheik will become famous soon enoughsheik will become famous soon enoughsheik will become famous soon enough

If it isn't one thing we learned, it is that soccer moms are television and videogame's worst enemy.

I am wondering how they are going to do the part with Konohamaru doing a yaoi harem no jutsu since a lot of people in america practically dispise gay people or any references to them. You should see my relatives. They saw a gay person they knew walking down the street and said they should get out the car and beat their ass just because he gay.

why is the pink in Lee's Cheeks censored and turned brown?

What happened to Typhoon_4434?
made by rasenganfox

Last edited by sheik; 12-22-2007 at 09:08 PM.
sheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 10:55 AM   #1386
shiki-fuujin
Chuunin

shiki-fuujin is on a distinguished road

it's been confirm in febuary we are rolling into filler hell.on the good side were doing with 2s.........who am i kidding there's no good side.

ps.next week is the last 3 ep of season 5.the other week the first ep is the last then the second is season 6
shiki-fuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 04:02 PM   #1387
radieuxruine
Academy Student

radieuxruine is on a distinguished road

Guys, it's Toonami that Naruto is airing on. Not Adult Swim. It would be different if Cartoon Network considered Naruto to be more than just a kids show.

Has anyone watched the Naruto dubbing outside of Cartoon Network? Like the Naruto Uncut Box Sets that can be found in a number of entertainment stores.

The dubbed may not resemble the original to a degree, but there is the need to understand that the American and Japanese cultures are strictly different from one another. The same words may not hold the same meaning and the use of words in one culture may translate differently in another. So, the Japanese script writers mainly write for the Japanese and the Americans write mainly for the Americans.

As for the pronunciations of names, symbols, and jutsus. Well, learning a foreign language is one thing, speaking it is another. No matter how simple it may be. Unless it comes naturally, it won't exactly ever sound the same.

-A-

Last edited by radieuxruine; 12-23-2007 at 04:18 PM.
radieuxruine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 05:49 PM   #1388
shiki-fuujin
Chuunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by radieuxruine View Post
Guys, it's Toonami that Naruto is airing on. Not Adult Swim. It would be different if Cartoon Network considered Naruto to be more than just a kids show.

Has anyone watched the Naruto dubbing outside of Cartoon Network? Like the Naruto Uncut Box Sets that can be found in a number of entertainment stores.

The dubbed may not resemble the original to a degree, but there is the need to understand that the American and Japanese cultures are strictly different from one another. The same words may not hold the same meaning and the use of words in one culture may translate differently in another. So, the Japanese script writers mainly write for the Japanese and the Americans write mainly for the Americans.

As for the pronunciations of names, symbols, and jutsus. Well, learning a foreign language is one thing, speaking it is another. No matter how simple it may be. Unless it comes naturally, it won't exactly ever sound the same.

-A-
o god.w..e....aready know this read the comment noob.jesus christ you noobs drive us crazy
Old 12-23-2007, 06:42 PM   #1389
radieuxruine
Academy Student

Already did. Stated above is merely my opinion on comments already made. If you've heard such again and again, my apologies, but that won't keep me from speaking my mind.

-A-
Old 12-23-2007, 07:23 PM   #1390
shiki-fuujin
Chuunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by radieuxruine View Post
Already did. Stated above is merely my opinion on comments already made. If you've heard such again and again, my apologies, but that won't keep me from speaking my mind.

-A-
but we have argument on this thread based on what you just stated.some think the dub is stupid,they ruin it.But they just dont get it and you came and restated what was already said and it's kind of annoying having to restate stuff.sorry for puting you on the spot like that.
Old 12-23-2007, 08:21 PM   #1391
radieuxruine
Academy Student

So I've noticed, but it was either let it all out or let my words eat at me. And again, I apologies for restating what appears to be already obvious.

-A-
Old 12-23-2007, 10:05 PM   #1392
Kunoichi24
Genin

Kunoichi24 will become famous soon enoughKunoichi24 will become famous soon enough

These two episodes were pretty good! I always liked the episode where the Sand siblings come to the rescue.
The pink on Lee's cheeks that were editted out didn't bother me like I thought it would. What did was having someone like Kimimaro saying such a stupid phrase like "Loopy Fist". Other than that, I thought these episodes were done well.

OWNER

Fanclubs

Naruto Shippuden FC
Anti-Sasuke FC
Co-Owner of the Rock Lee FC
Owner of the Avatar: the last airbender FC
Kunoichi24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 07:42 PM   #1393
sheik
S-Ranked Shinobi

sheik will become famous soon enoughsheik will become famous soon enoughsheik will become famous soon enough

I wonder if they will have blood drip from Lee's arm which trigger his flashback.

What happened to Typhoon_4434?
made by rasenganfox

sheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 10:50 PM   #1394
Kunoichi24
Genin

Kunoichi24 will become famous soon enoughKunoichi24 will become famous soon enough

They might. It's only a blood drip, so it's not alot of blood. And they should keep it, too!

OWNER

Fanclubs

Naruto Shippuden FC
Anti-Sasuke FC
Co-Owner of the Rock Lee FC
Owner of the Avatar: the last airbender FC
Kunoichi24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 09:35 AM   #1395
shiki-fuujin
Chuunin