The Eyes Of Konoha: Theory on the Sharingan and Byakugan. (Spoilers) - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series

Naruto Series Talk about the most popular anime in the world right here in this section!

Old 09-19-2005, 03:51 PM   #1
the_fat_alchemist
the fear in your dreams

the_fat_alchemist is an unknown quantity at this point
The Eyes Of Konoha: Theory on the Sharingan and Byakugan. (Spoilers)

OK. I just want to see people's opinions on this matter. I belive that the tomes in Sharingan each have a different use. For example. One tome, slows down movement and allows the user to copy movement. Upon mastering the Sharingan, the user is able to copy handseals as Kakashi did against Zabuza and predict movement before it happens as Sasuke does in the Valley of the End. The second tome gives the user a chakra sense of sorts. Basically what Sasuke does in the Forest of Death. It allows the user to see the chakra signature of a person. When Sasuke uses this in the Forest of Death it shows him that none of the Rain nins are there and that Naruto is fighting Bunshins. This would also explain how Itachi knew that Sasuke was behind him when he and Kisame went to capture Naruto. The third tome allows the user to better control, see through, and counter Genjutsu. This is compareable to when Itachi counters Kurenai's Genjutsu when he and Kisame return to Konoha. Kakashi also used something like this when he was in Tsukuyomi. I think Kakashi couldn't break Tsukuyomi because Mangekyou Sharingan is a higher level of Sharingan, and therefore casts obviously stronger Genjutsu.
That's all on Sharingan.

Byakugan sort of ties in with this. If one tome of the Sharingan gives the user a chakra sense then that would explain why it is theorized that Sharingan comes from Byakugan. The Sharingan has other special traits that make it stand out. This is why, if the Hyuugas and Uchihas are realated, the chakra sense is dulled from the Byakugan. Byakugan allows the user to view the Tenketsus and chakra circulatory system. If the Sharingan could do that it would never be defeated. So to make the Sharingan different from the Byakugan, it has the abilities I listed above. Sharingan and Byakugan are similar because they both have a chakra sense. It is more refined in the Byakugan because that is Byakugan's main purpose. Sharingan's main purpose is different. Thus the dulling of the chakra sense. When Byakugan is active, vains form around the eyes. Why is that? I think that it's the constant chakra pumped to the eyes to maintain it's abilities. But if that's the case why doesn't Sharingan have the same vains? They both require a constant feed of chakra to keep them active. But why does one show vains, and the other doesn't? My thought is that to have the Sharingan show vains would make it too apparent that the Sharingan is derived from Byakugan. I don't know how...Maybe a Hyuuga had an afair with an woman outside the clan. The child that was born did not have Byakugan but a weak Sharingan and the family was outcast. Possibly the defaint Hyuuga was slain and the mother escaped with the child and changes her name to avoid being sought out by the Hyuugas. Later on down the line two Uchiha cousins have a child and thus the true Sharingan is born. It keeps going like that until a somewhat large clan is born. The clan winds up in Konoha, and the Hyuuga's threaten war. So to avert a crisis, the current Hokage, creates a seperate village inside Konoha for the Uchiha clan. Thus, the Uchiha clan that Sasuke and Itachi were born into.

Now I know this seems farfetched but bear with me. This is my belief and I'm interested to hear opinions, comments, or suggestions. Just don't come here simply to flame this. I wouldn't go to you opinion and flame it....Even Constructive critisim is welcome.

http://www.myspace.com/blackruto"
the_fat_alchemist is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-19-2005, 05:35 PM   #2
Akatsuki Shinobi
Guy with a bag of Oranges

Akatsuki Shinobi is on a distinguished road
interesting beyond beleif!!!!!!!!!!

my creations
AMV's
Uchiha rage 2.0
here
Fuuma revival amv
here
Grudge for my former sensei
here
Kimimaro's last dance
here
Temari Shinobi of the Wind
here
A hyuga's destiny
here
Black cat amv
Chronos's assault team Kerberos
here
Creed's power
here

proud member of The Geijutsuka Crew (TGC)
Akatsuki Shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 07:23 PM   #3
Smeeeeee
Asian Sensation

Smeeeeee will become famous soon enoughSmeeeeee will become famous soon enough
great theory but the thing about byakugan is that u cant tell upon the evolution and development of it. eveyone looks like they all have the ability to use byakugan. unlike the sharingan where only a certain few can use it

I AM THE ASIAN SENSATION!
Smeeeeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 05:01 PM   #4
Akatsuki Shinobi
Guy with a bag of Oranges

Akatsuki Shinobi is on a distinguished road
byukugan has been handed down to all in the hyuga famaily, unlike the sharingan, that was only passed down to a majority, but not all.

my creations
AMV's
Uchiha rage 2.0
here
Fuuma revival amv
here
Grudge for my former sensei
here
Kimimaro's last dance
here
Temari Shinobi of the Wind
here
A hyuga's destiny
here
Black cat amv
Chronos's assault team Kerberos
here
Creed's power
here

proud member of The Geijutsuka Crew (TGC)
Akatsuki Shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 12:58 PM   #5
narutoeye
Chuunin

narutoeye is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fat_alchemist
OK. I just want to see people's opinions on this matter. I belive that the tomes in Sharingan each have a different use. For example. One tome, slows down movement and allows the user to copy movement. Upon mastering the Sharingan, the user is able to copy handseals as Kakashi did against Zabuza and predict movement before it happens as Sasuke does in the Valley of the End. The second tome gives the user a chakra sense of sorts. Basically what Sasuke does in the Forest of Death. It allows the user to see the chakra signature of a person. When Sasuke uses this in the Forest of Death it shows him that none of the Rain nins are there and that Naruto is fighting Bunshins. This would also explain how Itachi knew that Sasuke was behind him when he and Kisame went to capture Naruto. The third tome allows the user to better control, see through, and counter Genjutsu. This is compareable to when Itachi counters Kurenai's Genjutsu when he and Kisame return to Konoha. Kakashi also used something like this when he was in Tsukuyomi. I think Kakashi couldn't break Tsukuyomi because Mangekyou Sharingan is a higher level of Sharingan, and therefore casts obviously stronger Genjutsu.
That's all on Sharingan.

Byakugan sort of ties in with this. If one tome of the Sharingan gives the user a chakra sense then that would explain why it is theorized that Sharingan comes from Byakugan. The Sharingan has other special traits that make it stand out. This is why, if the Hyuugas and Uchihas are realated, the chakra sense is dulled from the Byakugan. Byakugan allows the user to view the Tenketsus and chakra circulatory system. If the Sharingan could do that it would never be defeated. So to make the Sharingan different from the Byakugan, it has the abilities I listed above. Sharingan and Byakugan are similar because they both have a chakra sense. It is more refined in the Byakugan because that is Byakugan's main purpose. Sharingan's main purpose is different. Thus the dulling of the chakra sense. When Byakugan is active, vains form around the eyes. Why is that? I think that it's the constant chakra pumped to the eyes to maintain it's abilities. But if that's the case why doesn't Sharingan have the same vains? They both require a constant feed of chakra to keep them active. But why does one show vains, and the other doesn't? My thought is that to have the Sharingan show vains would make it too apparent that the Sharingan is derived from Byakugan. I don't know how...Maybe a Hyuuga had an afair with an woman outside the clan. The child that was born did not have Byakugan but a weak Sharingan and the family was outcast. Possibly the defaint Hyuuga was slain and the mother escaped with the child and changes her name to avoid being sought out by the Hyuugas. Later on down the line two Uchiha cousins have a child and thus the true Sharingan is born. It keeps going like that until a somewhat large clan is born. The clan winds up in Konoha, and the Hyuuga's threaten war. So to avert a crisis, the current Hokage, creates a seperate village inside Konoha for the Uchiha clan. Thus, the Uchiha clan that Sasuke and Itachi were born into.

Now I know this seems farfetched but bear with me. This is my belief and I'm interested to hear opinions, comments, or suggestions. Just don't come here simply to flame this. I wouldn't go to you opinion and flame it....Even Constructive critisim is welcome.
excellent theory, but i think u should post this in anime section, so more people can read it and give their comments.

the above pic is from episode 1 when naruto said: I'm going to surpass all the previous hokages and then I'll make the village recognize my strength.
narutoeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 04:36 PM   #6
Mr. Papaya
Genin

Mr. Papaya is an unknown quantity at this point
Wouldn't it make more sense for the 3rd tome to be the one that allows the user to predict movement? The first time we see Sasuke predicting movement is when he fights Naruto in the Valley of the End, right after he develops the 3rd tome.
Mr. Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 05:13 AM   #7
hyuuga hiroyuki
Genin

Location: i lurk in the very showdow that haunts u..always stuck to u, neva letting go, u cnt escape
hyuuga hiroyuki is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Papaya
Wouldn't it make more sense for the 3rd tome to be the one that allows the user to predict movement? The first time we see Sasuke predicting movement is when he fights Naruto in the Valley of the End, right after he develops the 3rd tome.
thats what i was gonna say...exellent theory but u got the sharingan levels the wrong way round ^^
sasuke gets the 3rd tome when fighting naruto in the valley of the end and then he realise's that he can suddenly predict narutos movements alot faster and learned how to counter them, and his first tome allowed him to see chakra

hyuuga hiroyuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 08:10 AM   #8
beautiful-green-beast
Shiddy-Chicken

beautiful-green-beast is an unknown quantity at this point
I believe that when the user activates Byakugen, veins form around there eyes because members of the Hyuuga Family don't have pupils. Remember, the sharingan only appears in the user's pupils, opposed to Byakugan, which uses the entire eye. Thus forces the Byakugen to work harder, and this probably leads to what you were saying, Alchemist, about how the veins show the constant flow of chakra. Since, I'm guessing, the Byukagen works harder in order to forcefully create a pupil.

"The world will look up and shout 'Save us'.
And I'll whisper...no."

-Rorschach
beautiful-green-beast is offline   Reply With Quote