Overated Characters - Page 2 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums



Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Anime

Naruto Anime Talk about the anime series Naruto here! Remember, this is anime only. No manga!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2005, 11:50 PM   #16
Sasuke Uchiha
Genin
 
Sasuke Uchiha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Vallejo,CA
Age: 23
Posts: 62
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sasuke Uchiha is an unknown quantity at this point
Sasuke isnt overated.

people have there own opinions on things
__________________
Sasuke Uchiha is offline  


Old 09-21-2005, 08:45 AM   #17
kidistight
S-Ranked Shinobi
 
kidistight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Northern VA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,691
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
kidistight is on a distinguished roadkidistight is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeeeeee
how is kimimaro overrated? he fought great and that was only like 25% of his true strength.
He is overrated because people talk about him so much, because of the decent fight he was in. Yes he did very well in his various fights but lets let the guy R.I.P now and stop harping on how great he was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1 Bad Guy
Other overrated chracters include:
Itachi-not as powerful as people make him out to be
Kiba-really hasnt pulled his weight in any mission, and he suks at fighting plus, no cool moves to me
Choji-should have died during the Sasgay rescue mission
How do you figure Kiba and Chouji are overrated they are barely even around and when they are they are there as 3rd or 4th stringers. Kiba really got no mention in the latest arc and wasn't even a factor in the Sasuke rescue mission. How do you figure Chouji is overrated who other than Shika himself even mentions or thinks highly of Chouji, nobody on the boards talk about him for good reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeeeeee
...i also think its gay how he got lees speed in a month how lee got it in years. thats BS.
The good ole power of the sharingan got to love it, but he couldn't keep it up as long as Lee could though so that is one saving grace.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeeeeee
who in naruto isnt overrated? choji? lol
Actually I already listed a group of people in my first post who aren't overrated, I will give you one of the names Ino.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeViLB0Y
You must be the "Kid" MPwnez mentioned from last week. Good facts and analysis.



I got rid of my teeth at a young age because... I'm straight. Teeth are for gay people. That's why fairies come and get them.

MasterShake



Aqua Team Hunger Force
kidistight is offline  
Old 09-21-2005, 08:52 AM   #18
Kiba_is_mine
Chuunin
 
Kiba_is_mine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Melbourne
Age: 27
Posts: 482
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Kiba_is_mine will become famous soon enoughKiba_is_mine will become famous soon enough
I am hurt!!!! How can you say that Choji and Kiba are over-rated and suck at fighting?! Personally, I think they are very good fighters! They may not be as powerful as Naruto and Sasuke etc, but at least they try.....and still kick a lot of butt in the process!

Well, thats my opinion, if you agree or not.
__________________
Has been and has come back again....
Kiba_is_mine is offline  
Old 09-21-2005, 09:03 AM   #19
Aijou
Genin
 
Aijou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Age: 22
Posts: 295
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Aijou is an unknown quantity at this point
All the persons in naruto has something that is good and something that is bad with them. And people like different things. Some of my friends like other characters than I do, but we doesn't fight about it.
__________________


Aijou is offline  
Old 09-21-2005, 11:51 AM   #20
narutorokks
Chuunin
 
narutorokks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: In parts unknown
Age: 28
Posts: 325
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
narutorokks is an unknown quantity at this point
i think akatsuki's over rated.they may not b as powerful as v think they r.v cant judge all based on itachi.after all he was a uchiha prodigy and there had been none like him for many years.may b sasuke can match him.
__________________

narutorokks is offline  
Old 09-21-2005, 02:12 PM   #21
kidistight
S-Ranked Shinobi
 
kidistight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Northern VA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,691
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
kidistight is on a distinguished roadkidistight is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by narutorokks
i think akatsuki's over rated.they may not b as powerful as v think they r.v cant judge all based on itachi.after all he was a uchiha prodigy and there had been none like him for many years.may b sasuke can match him.
Well i think you don't know what your talking about and might want to keep your mouth shut on just how strong the Akatsuki members are. Unless you have read the manga don't call them overrated because they back up ever inch of what people say about them. I almost feel like Gai talking to Gaara in saying that Lee is strong, but you can be foolish and underestimate them if you want but that will just be one more of the many of the mistakes you have made today.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeViLB0Y
You must be the "Kid" MPwnez mentioned from last week. Good facts and analysis.



I got rid of my teeth at a young age because... I'm straight. Teeth are for gay people. That's why fairies come and get them.

MasterShake



Aqua Team Hunger Force
kidistight is offline  
Old 09-21-2005, 04:01 PM   #22
Dosu
Hunter-Nin
 
Dosu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: swan diving off the toungs of crippled giants.
Age: 27
Posts: 1,223
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Dosu is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok, I'm back and ready to finish my rant, first of all, I'm glad to see that I'm not alone in my plight here, and while I'm at it, I'll take care of some of the questions/acusations you all seem to have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Thinking
So basically...you hate every character that's not your favorite character? And you hate everybody else because they don't praise him too? Listen, I can understand about not wanting to have people bash on your favorite character and give you reasons why there's is so cool. Okay? I understand. My point is, you're lowering yourself to there level by making this thread. All you're doing is whining about people thinking their favorite person is better than yours? DUH. Ofcourse they're going to say that. It's their FAVORITE character. It's not something to get so worked up over.
No, you are completly wrong, I don't hate every character besides Dosu, infact I like most of the characters in Naruto, Hell, some of my favorites are characters most people wouldn't even rember, like Oboro and Shigure, nor do I hate the people who post about thier favorite characters, what I hate is when every single person who likes the same damn character sees fit to tell me that not only am I wrong for liking my favorite character, but then have to explain why thier favorite character could not only kick my favorite characters ass 10 times over, but why my favorite charcter sucks, if you like a character fine, if you want to post about it fine, but don't tell me I'm wrong for likeing a under appresiated character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anko_Rises
Kimmimaro's dead... give him a break already.

So Dosu, do you hate the overrated characters or do you hate the way people overrate characters and forget about the characters that are not so overrated?
Kind of both really, I mean I hate it when any one character becomes to popular to quikly, exspecially when I belive that character unworthy of such praise, I also hate it that because certain characters are so overly praised, other characters are practically ignored, this leads people to think that some how, just because more people like that character, he's so much better then every other character in the series, and anyone who disagrees is an idiot because of it, I say give credit where credit is due.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiba_is_mine
I am hurt!!!! How can you say that Choji and Kiba are over-rated and suck at fighting?! Personally, I think they are very good fighters! They may not be as powerful as Naruto and Sasuke etc, but at least they try.....and still kick a lot of butt in the process!

Well, thats my opinion, if you agree or not.
I agree, this is what I have been saying, just because a character isn't as popular as the next, doesn't mean they are any less valuable to the series, it sucks that characters Like Kiba and Chouji get over looked so often, and then are labled as weak, they just havn't had enough time to prove how kick ass they are, because characters like Sasuke, and Naruto (although I like Naruto, I still think he is overrated) are constantly being shown intead, I know they are the main chracters, but when you have a cast as strong as Naruto, I think it's approprite to show off the other chracters to, and Why does Naruto have to be in every Damn mission? can't the teams do fine without him? no, of course not, where would they be with Rasengan every ten minutes to bail them out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeeeeee
yea i forgot to comment on sasuke. from the start i hated him. i dont understand when i read the favorite character poll he was #2 after kakashi. i dont get how that works. i hate that punk. so overrated. i also think its gay how he got lees speed in a month how lee got it in years. thats BS.
I completly agree, I don't get how useing the Sharingan allows him to rember how to be fast, that speed comes from training and muscle streanth, not memory.

Well, anyway I hope that helps some, now on to the rant!!! Other characters I think are overrated, Like I said above, Naruto as cool as he is, is overrated I like him to, but seriously, some of the fights he won were bull, Like the fight against Kiba, Kiba should have won, but because Naruto is the main character, he was doomed before he began, and he is used on every mission, capable of breaking a sword made by a Hokage, and taking on an entire Ninja village with just Sasuke and Sakura (the Ice village) for that matter, both of the Naruto movies were just ways to show off Naruto and Sasuke again, I'm so tired of that, take the hidden Falls movie for example, Narurto and Sasuke manage to take down a super charaged Jounin, the best Ninja in the village's history mind you, by themselves, why don't they just get it over and done with, and kill all the freakin Kages by themselves already!? They are so god damned over hyped, it pisses my off.
The Next is Itachi, I'll give due credit to Itachi, he's pretty damn powerfull, and could kick the crap out off most people in Naruto, but lets face it, without his Shirangan, he's no better then a decent Jounin, he doesn't deserve the amount credit he gets in my opinion, but at least he can back it up.
Alright, next is Neiji, how can an asshole like that be so many people's favorite character? did everyone just suddenly forget the time when, oh wait, damnit what was that again? oh yeah, BEAT HINATA TO WITH IN AN INCH OF HER LIFE!?
The guy is a straight up ass, I mean seriously, there is a spechial level of hell waiting for Neiji after that one. He'sa good ninja, I'll give him that, however, I don't think for a second the should have beat the spider guy from the sound 5, I mean Chouji beat the weakest on their team, and only because he went comakazy (man did I spell that wrong) on him, the others had to get backup from the sand village to beat the other sound 5 members.
Well, thats it for now, my fingers hurt and I'm tired of ranting for now, but only for now Bwa ha ha ha......
__________________
Your moves are fast....but ours surpass that with the speed of sound.
-Dosu Kinuta-




Honor is relfected in one's deeds, inaction bespeaks of cowardice
-Yoshimitsu-
Dosu is offline  
Old 09-21-2005, 04:06 PM   #23
narutorokks
Chuunin
 
narutorokks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: In parts unknown
Age: 28
Posts: 325
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
narutorokks is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidistight
Well i think you don't know what your talking about and might want to keep your mouth shut on just how strong the Akatsuki members are. Unless you have read the manga don't call them overrated because they back up ever inch of what people say about them. I almost feel like Gai talking to Gaara in saying that Lee is strong, but you can be foolish and underestimate them if you want but that will just be one more of the many of the mistakes you have made today.
u saw how sasori lost to an old woman like chiyo baa.i agree he for sum reason wanted to die himself.but hes dead now anywayz.now already 5 characters have been revealed from akatsuki.itachi i agree is not overrated at all.may b under rated as to his true powers.but sasori lost to an old hag n a chuunin.and his fighting skills n jutsu were not even that powerful as say....amaretsu or mangekyou.even the samehada was more powerful.im not saying that any akatsuki member is weak.but 2 or 3 may b overrated.
__________________

narutorokks is offline  
Old 09-21-2005, 07:13 PM   #24
#1 Bad Guy
Oakgyrl's Psychotic Husband
 
#1 Bad Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: ATL
Age: 31
Posts: 1,333
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
#1 Bad Guy is on a distinguished road#1 Bad Guy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by narutorokks
u saw how sasori lost to an old woman like chiyo baa.i agree he for sum reason wanted to die himself.but hes dead now anywayz.now already 5 characters have been revealed from akatsuki.itachi i agree is not overrated at all.may b under rated as to his true powers.but sasori lost to an old hag n a chuunin.and his fighting skills n jutsu were not even that powerful as say....amaretsu or mangekyou.even the samehada was more powerful.im not saying that any akatsuki member is weak.but 2 or 3 may b overrated.
I was going to stay out of this whole thing but......

How dare you talk of the great Sasori-sama like that! First off, i dont know if you read but Chiyo and her brother are legendary NINJAS of the sand. Like Tsunade, Jiraiya nad Orochimaru are legendary ninjas of the leaf, so she is no regular old lady. Secondly Sakura trains under TSUNADE which makes her no regular chuunin or regular female ninja. As a puppet ninja i think Sasori lived up to the AKatsuki name and more. We saw him do things iwht puppets we never thought where possible in Naruto. He made puppets out of people that could use thier techniques. He made himself into a puppet that could in turn, control hundreds of puppets at the same time. He had the power to instantly replace himself with another puppet's body also, which I thought was extremly cool. Anyways all of things makes him a certified bad ass, the fact that it took like 6 chapters to fight him lives up the AKatsuki reputation alone.

The rest of Akatsuki aren't over rated at all, we have always been told that they where powerful and well, now we see they are. Deiera almost leveled the enitre sand village, he's the only ninja I've seen with "C-4", which looked more like a Nuke when it went off. We know Itachi and Kisame are both strong as hell and Zetsu seems like he will be stonger than most of the other members for some reason. We still got four more members to see including on huge dude and the leader who probaly is going to be stronger than what we have seen so far. The only thing over ratted about AKatsuki is ITACHI!

Kiba has been in too many episodes and each time he does nothing, he doesnt help the situation I dont think I've ever seen the guy win a fight. Somebody is making the desicision to keep putting him in these episodes and I see lots of people that like him for what, I dont know. Thats why I called him overrated. DId you really need more explination than that?

We where all led to believe Chojo was dead only to find out he lived which means the character was kept alive for some reason, the reason I cant imagine becuase he's not very cool to me or powerful or interesting thus he is overrated to me. Plus I see many people who like choji despite the things I just said about him which makes in, once again.....overated to me.

The makers of the anime clearly want us (the Viewers/fans) to take notice to these two characters and I really dont care, really I wouldnt want any focus on them at all and there are alot of other much cooler chracters that havnt been focused on near as much who I think are alot better and alot more interesting. That is why I called KIBA and CHOJI over rated.
__________________




#1 Bad Guy is offline  
Old 09-21-2005, 09:08 PM   #25
KyoichiKanami
R.I.P Richard Pryor 12/1/1940 - 12/10/2005
 
KyoichiKanami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Nunya
Age: 23
Posts: 936
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
KyoichiKanami is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Now as a main character it's expected that he will gain a certain level of popularity amoung the masses, and thats fine, My problem is when I post about my favorite character (guess witch one...) and hundreds of Sasuke fans not only tell me that I am wrong, but go on and on about how cool Sasuke is, if you like Sasuke fine, you don't need to convince me of your point ten times over, because ninety nine people before just did the same damn thing!!! I know he has the sharingan "Like oh my god!!!" I could give a rats ass about the freaking sharingan at this point, every damn thing is about the freaking sharingan, I DON'T CARE!!!
Wow. Seems to me that your problem isn't with Sasuke, but with Sasuke fans who say you're wrong for not liking him. Trust me, I know how it feels. ((You're lookin' at the biggest Naruto fan in a Sasuke oriented world.) Anywho, I'd have to say the most overrated character would be Jiraiya. I mean, sure, he taught Naruto Rasengan and summoning. But seriously, freakin' get over him. He's an old man who can't get laid and has literally spikey hair. I don't see why he's so cool.
__________________

The Dai-Gurren Dan! Kicking reason to the curb and piercing through heaven!
KyoichiKanami is offline  
Old 09-21-2005, 09:23 PM   #26
Sasuke Uchiha
Genin
 
Sasuke Uchiha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Vallejo,CA
Age: 23
Posts: 62
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sasuke Uchiha is an unknown quantity at this point
well..

People have there opinions about things.

cant blame them huh?
__________________
Sasuke Uchiha is offline  
Old 09-21-2005, 09:34 PM   #27
Dosu
Hunter-Nin
 
Dosu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: swan diving off the toungs of crippled giants.
Age: 27
Posts: 1,223
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Dosu is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyoichiKanami
Wow. Seems to me that your problem isn't with Sasuke, but with Sasuke fans who say you're wrong for not liking him. Trust me, I know how it feels. ((You're lookin' at the biggest Naruto fan in a Sasuke oriented world.) Anywho, I'd have to say the most overrated character would be Jiraiya. I mean, sure, he taught Naruto Rasengan and summoning. But seriously, freakin' get over him. He's an old man who can't get laid and has literally spikey hair. I don't see why he's so cool.
well, I do have problems with the people to, but I geuinly think Sasuke is overrated, he really doesn't deserve the amount of credit he gets at, least in my opinion, the people just add on, and make it worse, as of for Jiraiya, I can see what your saying, but I think all of the sannin are a little overrated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke Uchiha
well..

People have there opinions about things.

cant blame them huh?
I like your attitude, you bring a much needed sence of honor to the Sasuke fanbase.
__________________
Your moves are fast....but ours surpass that with the speed of sound.
-Dosu Kinuta-




Honor is relfected in one's deeds, inaction bespeaks of cowardice
-Yoshimitsu-
Dosu is offline  
Old 09-22-2005, 02:11 PM   #28
kidistight
S-Ranked Shinobi
 
kidistight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Northern VA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,691
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
kidistight is on a distinguished roadkidistight is on a distinguished road
@narutorokks]
First off nice way to ruin a lot of stuff for a lot of anime watchers. You should not have brought that point up in this section because not everyone here reads the manga. So because he lost to his teacher who is a very skilled jounin and a chuunin then he is overrated, alright Tsunade is overrated as well because she lost to Kabuto. Hmmm who else is overrated because they lost to a certain person Neji is overrated he lost to Naruto, Gaara is overrated, and Kakashi is overrated because he lost to Itachi.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeViLB0Y
You must be the "Kid" MPwnez mentioned from last week. Good facts and analysis.



I got rid of my teeth at a young age because... I'm straight. Teeth are for gay people. That's why fairies come and get them.

MasterShake



Aqua Team Hunger Force

Last edited by kidistight; 09-23-2005 at 09:39 AM.
kidistight is offline  
Old 09-22-2005, 02:37 PM   #29
narutorokks
Chuunin
 
narutorokks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: In parts unknown
Age: 28
Posts: 325
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
narutorokks is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidistight
First off nice way to ruin a lot of stuff for a lot of anime watchers. You should not have brought that point up in this section because not everyone here reads the manga. So because he lost to his teacher who is a very skilled jounin and a chuunin then he is overrated, alright Tsunade is overrated as well because she lost to Kabuto. Hmmm who else is overrated because they lost to a certain person Neji is overrated he lost to Naruto, Gaara is overrated, and Kakashi is overrated because he lost to Itachi.
first of all tsunade never actually lost to kabuto n kakashi too has never actually lost to itachi.altho in the latter case it was inevitable under thozz circumstances.
im just sayin that people r givin sasori too much credit.1 guy actually went to say that since his fight lasted 6 manga chaps he must not b overrated.lol.
__________________

narutorokks is offline  
Old 09-22-2005, 05:21 PM   #30
flareofdragon
Hunter-Nin
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,055
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
flareofdragon is on a distinguished roadflareofdragon is on a distinguished road
Actually Kidistight, you shouldn't have quoted that. That makes two places you have to delete. And Narutorokks, delete that post, Kidistight, delete that quote.

I like Neji and Kimmimaro because of their techniques. If I had any ability in that show, one of those two would be my choice. Also, Neji has become less of an ass, and Kimmimaro was just an awesome fighter. Besides I am one of those fans who know the character's weakness and see that they are defeatable.

Kimmimaro (yeah I know my spelling sucks) was one of the memorable characters, get over it. When people still refer to someone even if he was dead for 1 year, then that character was that good. No reason for you to rip on that fact, actually it is one of author's and artist's dream to create one of those characters. I mean he rips out bones to use them as weapons, what other Naruto character has done something that cool?

I can say that Sasuke has been over hyped though. I mean he is not a bad character, but there are other's who are far cooler. But it is a matter of opinion.
__________________
freerice.com

flareofdragon.deviantart.com
flareofdragon is offline  
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Underrated characters Dosu Naruto Anime 72 07-06-2006 07:45 PM
Characters you can see with Naruto characters Gaarafangirl Naruto Series 4 10-17-2005 11:50 AM
Names of Jutsus and Characters in America Gemakai Naruto Series 17 09-04-2005 07:04 PM
What characters would u like to be playable in Super Smash Bros. shadowclone Gaming 18 08-12-2005 12:19 PM
Created Characters SonicAdvDX Fan Creations 31 01-12-2005 02:42 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.