You know how they.... - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Anime

Naruto Anime Talk about the anime series Naruto here! Remember, this is anime only. No manga!

Old 10-09-2005, 01:15 AM   #1
narutonegi
Genin

narutonegi is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation You know how they....

Hey guys. You know how they walk on water by using their charkra. Well i think that they might be able to walk in the air becasue they could walk off a building and using their control they could walk in the air. Isn't it the same as water it like nothin to right? Tell me what you think.

narutonegi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-09-2005, 01:59 AM   #2
Coribn117
Chuunin

Coribn117 is an unknown quantity at this point
I believe that it is POSSIBLE, but I think that there is noone in the series with enough chakra controll to do it...

Because air is not nothing, it is there and it is very real, just like water...

It seems to me that there are three stages to this, just like the three main stages of matter, the first stage used was trees, or solids in other words... Then there was water (liquids) which is possible for all high level shinobi...

But then we get to air (gasses) which, while just as real as the other two stages, is much harder to grasp because you do not activly notice it as you do liquids and solids... You know it is there, but since you have been surrounded by it since birth you do not notice it, and that makes it much harder to apply concepts like walking on it to reality...

Meh, thats just my take on it...

Summary: It is possible, just uuber difficult...

Coribn117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 06:16 AM   #3
YoshiToshi
YoshiToshi say grawr.

YoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these parts
i don't think that ninjas would be able to FLY in the air. They can stand on things horizontally, and even upside down, but not stay in mid-air.

When walking on water, you give off a constant amount of chakra and energy, from your feet, and push it against the water. When you're talking about staying within air, you have nothing to push the chakra against. Therefore, you wouldn't be able to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coribn117
But then we get to air (gasses) which, while just as real as the other two stages, is much harder to grasp because you do not activly notice it as you do liquids and solids... You know it is there, but since you have been surrounded by it since birth you do not notice it, and that makes it much harder to apply concepts like walking on it to reality...
When we're talking about gasses, and pushing the chakra against the gas, that would also be incorrect. Because chakra holds and pushes off things with mass. Because gas doesn't have mass, and is just particles within the air, chakra cannot be pushed off or cannot grasp it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coribn117
....Then there was water (liquids) which is possible for all high level shinobi...
FYI...... most shinobi and ninja have the ability to walk on water. Naruto and Sasuke were able to do it, and with Sakura's good chakra control, she could too. Also, Hinata was seen walking on water, and she is still a genin. So I wouldn't exactly say that only high level shinobi would be able to walk on water. I think that most or possibly even all ninja know how to walk on water.

1.14.20.9 - 14.15.15.2|hope to be more active...

yoshitoshi//yoshitoshi//yoshitoshi//yoshi toshi
YoshiToshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 10:52 AM   #4
Coribn117
Chuunin

Coribn117 is an unknown quantity at this point
Uhh... Yeah, gas does have mass o_o

I'm not sure if you have taken Chem, but it talks about things like this, and gas does have mass, it is just more spread out...

- Microscopic view of a Solid

- Microscopic view of a Liquid

- Microscopic view of a Gas (Well the gif apparently got screwed up or something :/ before it had particles flying across it every few seconds :/)

Now, you can also note that gas is compressable because there is more space between its particles than between the particles of a solid or a liquid(both of which are also compressable, but to a lower degree), so a powerfull shinobi with excellent chakra controll could use their chakra to, say, condense the particles to make a patch of air with a higher density which they could then stand on...

Another method that could be taken is something that would take up much more chakra, but is equally as possible, and that is standing on the air particles as they are without compressing them...

Another thing that can be noted on my first possibility of airwalking (the compressing one) is that gas takes the shape and volume of any container it is in, so one could make a container out of chakra and then make it smaller and smaller untill it is dense enough to stand upon...

PS: I know almost any ninja can waterwalk, but when I said high level shinobi I was talking about upper level genin and up, as opposed to Academy Students. I also know that it is possible for an academy student to do it, but it is much less likely. Also, Naruto/Sasuke/Sakura are some of the only genin we see with this ability. There are others, but we dont see many.

PPS: http://www.chem.purdue.edu/gchelp/li...character.html is a website which shows what I am talking about (the gas stuff).

Meh...

Last edited by Coribn117; 10-09-2005 at 06:14 PM.
Coribn117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 11:15 AM   #5
Tactical Thinking
Missing-Nin

Tactical Thinking is an unknown quantity at this point
They could not walk on air. You have to understand, liquid can BECOME solid. Gas can not. That's a distinct difference. Walking on air is literally walking on nothing. In water, gravity is less. But in air you're going to get pulled to the ground.
Tactical Thinking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 03:40 PM   #6
Aijou
Genin

Aijou is an unknown quantity at this point
It could be possible. But very difficult. Only kages or very high ranked ninjas could do it. But they would have to practice very long thou...

Aijou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 03:58 PM   #7
Scarecrow
Chuunin

Scarecrow will become famous soon enoughScarecrow will become famous soon enough
Water has a much higher density than gas. Water has a constant volume and gas doesn't. If you use force on water from one direction the force spreads in all directions of the volume of the water. But if you use force from one direction onto the air, the air doesn't have a constant volume so the force will just cause the change in the airs volume. Basically, you didn't do anything.
Scarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 05:56 PM   #8
Deadfire
Genin

Deadfire is an unknown quantity at this point
Well this how I see it, the water and water balloon excercises are preparing you for this because actuallywe have seen someone walk on air before, tsuande was when she was kicking oros ass, anyways you would have to make chakra come out of you and make a rotating formation to make a disk under you and contain it and kepp moving it vertically and horizontally as you walk on air.
Deadfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 07:33 PM   #9
Fierce
Chuunin

Fierce is an unknown quantity at this point
Tsunade NEVER walked on air. WHAT IN THE HELL are you talking about?
Old 10-10-2005, 01:34 AM   #10
typhoon_4434
Missing-Nin

typhoon_4434 is infamous around these partstyphoon_4434 is infamous around these partstyphoon_4434 is infamous around these partstyphoon_4434 is infamous around these partstyphoon_4434 is infamous around these partstyphoon_4434 is infamous around these partstyphoon_4434 is infamous around these partstyphoon_4434 is infamous around these partstyphoon_4434 is infamous around these parts
Must be from watching 24 hours of Naruto
typhoon_4434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 01:42 AM   #11
Roy Mustang
Zero Alchemist

Roy Mustang can only hope to improve
doesn't air move and stuff it would be impossible and thats just cheap
Roy Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 02:08 AM   #12
corbenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Thinking
They could not walk on air. You have to understand, liquid can BECOME solid. Gas can not. That's a distinct difference. Walking on air is literally walking on nothing. In water, gravity is less. But in air you're going to get pulled to the ground.

For fucks sake, if you do not know what you are talking about, just shut up.

Yes it would be possible, kakashi, with his (SPOILERS HIGHLIGHT TO READ) Magekyou sharingan is able to warp time and space at will, in theory he could condense the gas particles, just enough so it is not a solid or liquid and use his chakra to walk on it,

Like corbin said, in highly condensed areas, or areas of High humidity (same thing) you could walk on air.

The real question is why they would want to. I mean they can walk on trees and apparently everywhere naruto and team fights has trees. What could be accomplished by floating?

Last edited by corbenk; 10-10-2005 at 01:45 PM.
Old 10-10-2005, 03:11 AM   #13
angelwings
Chuunin

angelwings is an unknown quantity at this point
you all make some really good points...so in my opinion i say that there is a possible chance...i mean if they can walk on water what difference would it be with air only thing is that they will be using up a lot of chakra and it'll take a lot more times to achieve it........

"The windows of the world are covered in rain..Whenever rain appears it's really angel tears..How long must they cry?"
angelwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 10:23 AM   #14
Fierce
Chuunin

Fierce is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by corbenk
For fucks sake, if you do not know what you are talking about, just shut up.

Yes it would be possible, kakashi, with his (SPOILERS HIGHLIGHT TO READ) Magekyou sharingan is able to warp time and space at will, in theory he could condense the gas particles, just enough so it is not a solid or liquid and use his chakra to walk on it,

Like corbin said, in highly condensed areas you could walk on air, clouds for example.

The real question is why they would want to. I mean they can walk on trees and apparently everywhere naruto and team fights has trees. What could be accomplished by floating?
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

YOU'RE A FUCKING MORON. A CLOUD ISN'T AIR YOU DUMB BITCH. HAVEN'T YOU EVER HEARD OF THE "WATER" CYCLE. EVAPORATION, CONDENSATION, AND PRECIPITATION. DEAR GOD, GO BACK TO FIFTH GRADE SCIENCE.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:27 AM   #15
Dosu
Hunter-Nin

Dosu is an unknown quantity at this point
hey Fierce, do you just live to get banned, or are you actually that dumb?

Honor is relfected in one's deeds, inaction bespeaks of cowardice
-Yoshimitsu-
Dosu is offline   Reply With Quote