Episode 157 (SPOILERS) - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums



Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Anime

Naruto Anime Talk about the anime series Naruto here! Remember, this is anime only. No manga!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2005, 10:55 AM   #1
kidistight
S-Ranked Shinobi
 
kidistight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Northern VA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,691
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
kidistight is on a distinguished roadkidistight is on a distinguished road
Episode 157 (SPOILERS)

GOD this episode freakin sucked so much, there was to much comic relief in an episode it doesn't belong in. The only good part was seeing Lee fight in his drunken master form again, judging by his speed I think he even might have opened up a gate or two to fight with Raiga again. I also found two more things interesting how Neji can't hold his liquor at all and Naruto seems to have such a high tolerance with no side effects. I love how Naruto asked Raiga for a second time if he knows Kisame eventhough it wasn't even three episodes back that we already went through this. The ending for this filler arc was one of the worst if not the worst I have seen, as strong as Ranmaru is Neji and co think it is best to leave him there, smart move there. Take him back to the village and tell Tsunade about him and see what she says an individual with the power and potential he has should not be left without protection and he does not know how to protect himself.
Watching this episode I am really considering taking a break from Naruto because it is either going down a lot or the fillers are really bringing down the anime. One other possible reason, that I hope isn't the case is that they are putting all this comic relief in the episodes because they forsee these episodes making it to the states and they want to dumb it down for the american kids since there parents are so stricted on what they can or can't watch. I think the target audience for the anime soon to be cartoon in my opinion is dropping since they see that more money can be had if they do.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeViLB0Y
You must be the "Kid" MPwnez mentioned from last week. Good facts and analysis.



I got rid of my teeth at a young age because... I'm straight. Teeth are for gay people. That's why fairies come and get them.

MasterShake



Aqua Team Hunger Force
kidistight is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 10-27-2005, 03:36 PM   #2
chhajer
Academy Student
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: India
Age: 29
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
chhajer is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah 157 truly sucked .... man they are taking down the popularity of Naruto to bad limits. and 23 weeks more with this crap.. i think this series won't be famous anymore ...
chhajer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 05:20 PM   #3
Coribn117
Chuunin
 
Coribn117's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Age: 25
Posts: 647
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Coribn117 is an unknown quantity at this point


I loved this episode, dont know why

I liked the Lightning Armor thing Raiga did...

o_o;;
__________________


Coribn117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 08:07 PM   #4
kidistight
S-Ranked Shinobi
 
kidistight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Northern VA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,691
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
kidistight is on a distinguished roadkidistight is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coribn117


I loved this episode, dont know why

I liked the Lightning Armor thing Raiga did...

o_o;;
It seemed kind of useless since Lee basically punched right through it, true it knocked Lee down and unconscious for a little while but that with the combination of him being drunk.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeViLB0Y
You must be the "Kid" MPwnez mentioned from last week. Good facts and analysis.



I got rid of my teeth at a young age because... I'm straight. Teeth are for gay people. That's why fairies come and get them.

MasterShake



Aqua Team Hunger Force
kidistight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 10:10 PM   #5
typhoon_4434
Missing-Nin
 
typhoon_4434's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Taking Gaara back to the Akatsuki
Age: 23
Posts: 2,506
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
typhoon_4434 is infamous around these partstyphoon_4434 is infamous around these partstyphoon_4434 is infamous around these partstyphoon_4434 is infamous around these partstyphoon_4434 is infamous around these partstyphoon_4434 is infamous around these partstyphoon_4434 is infamous around these partstyphoon_4434 is infamous around these partstyphoon_4434 is infamous around these parts
well at least the last 2 or 3 weeks (or more) of this will be Kakashi Gaiden
and probaly the episodes before that will be when Naruto leaves. Maybe the next filler Naruto will leave and then the fillers from then on is showing his comrades doing their missions.
typhoon_4434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 10:24 PM   #6
Itachi_Chidoi
Genin
 
Itachi_Chidoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Canada
Age: 34
Posts: 131
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Itachi_Chidoi is an unknown quantity at this point
that episode is not bad

especially that part when naruto uses his new move , clone strike or something and that part when ranmaru tried to shield lee from raiga's attacks, reminds me of that haku part when she shields zabuza...
Itachi_Chidoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 11:25 PM   #7
MrPwnzerz
ANBU
 
MrPwnzerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: New Jersey
Age: 23
Posts: 1,505
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
MrPwnzerz will become famous soon enoughMrPwnzerz will become famous soon enoughMrPwnzerz will become famous soon enough
The episode as a whole wasn't bad. But most of it's content was. All of the comical value they tried to implant was horrible. I agree, it was so dumb how Neji somehow goes into an inert, frozen state when he has alchohol, whereas Naruto isn't effected at all.

Oh and btw, Kidistight, Naruto didn't ask Raiga about Kisame before. He asked Ranmaru if he knew Kisame.
MrPwnzerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 02:13 AM   #8
#1 Bad Guy
Oakgyrl's Psychotic Husband
 
#1 Bad Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: ATL
Age: 31
Posts: 1,333
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
#1 Bad Guy is on a distinguished road#1 Bad Guy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPwnzerz
The episode as a whole wasn't bad. But most of it's content was. All of the comical value they tried to implant was horrible. I agree, it was so dumb how Neji somehow goes into an inert, frozen state when he has alchohol, whereas Naruto isn't effected at all.

Oh and btw, Kidistight, Naruto didn't ask Raiga about Kisame before. He asked Ranmaru if he knew Kisame.
He did ask Raiga before, and Raiga just said he knew them and he hated them. After getting asked a second time he finally elaborated somewhat on his hatred for Kisame. Oddly enough, both Raiga and Naruto seemed to ignore the fact that Naruto asked that exact same question already.

I hoped and prayed this day would never come but I cant say I didnt know it was going to happen. I am no longer going to watch Naruto the series until next year, when part 2 airs. I hate it had to come to this too but it hurts me to see what the fillers are doing to the legacy of Naruto. The out of place comedy, the bland and repetative script, the rushed storylines and lack-luster endings....I for one cant take it anymore, the fillers are just going in a direction I dont like. I can say I did enjoy bits and pieces of this Raiga filler at first but as a whole I can't help but feel I just wasted time by watching all of them. So until Akatsuki shows thier face......Im done. Nothing but Manga from now on. Ill just keep reading these episode threads when they come up and stay up to date on the series that way.
__________________




#1 Bad Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 02:35 AM   #9
no name
Chuunin
 
no name's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: dubai/U.A.E
Age: 23
Posts: 335
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
no name is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coribn117


I loved this episode, dont know why

I liked the Lightning Armor thing Raiga did...

o_o;;
ME 2
BUT WHATS (SPOILERS)?
__________________
NO NAME

A MEMBER OF OROCHIMARU HATERS FC.


and co-leader of byakugan/sharingan fc.





owner of rasengan fc.



AND CO-OWNER OF HAKU FC.

and a member of konoha5 fc

WUZZUP YALL.MAKE SPACE
CAUSE NO NAME IS IN DA HOU$E.
no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 03:41 AM   #10
jensta
Genin
 
jensta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 72
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
jensta is an unknown quantity at this point
spoilers are where you happen to mention what happen in the storey line, whether in the past of future of the anime or manga.. which spoils the fun for new comers or thoughs who havent seen what your talking about.
like this thread is a spoiler for those who havent seen episode 157.

157 was okay, i must admit the comedy was highly abused. it was probably the only thing that wrecked it for me, if they left out three quarters of the crappy trying to be funny bits, it may have been much better. but lee was a drunken master, which was cool, but compared to the lee vs kimimaro fight, this one lacked good structure.

oh only another 23-26 weeks until the manga kicks in, hope the next filler is good cos it may include all the rookies..(trying to keep hopes up)
__________________
lee is sooo achoo...naruto anime rocks forever...

shikamaru is so gorgeous in this.... i thank the artist who did this.. cudos to you, who ever you are.
jensta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 11:00 AM   #11
assasinazn
Academy Student
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
assasinazn is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah this episode is more proof that Naruto is on a decline, most probably because of the recent release into the American Market. All I want to know is who writes these dodgy fillers, I mean I could have written a story like this, and I suck at writing.
Well, me and my friends have decided to pick the anime back up when Kakashi's Gaiden arrives. That and then the akatsuk arc!!!
Ohwells, bleach is calling meeeeeeeeeeeee..........
assasinazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 11:05 AM   #12
MrPwnzerz
ANBU
 
MrPwnzerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: New Jersey
Age: 23
Posts: 1,505
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
MrPwnzerz will become famous soon enoughMrPwnzerz will become famous soon enoughMrPwnzerz will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1 Bad Guy
He did ask Raiga before, and Raiga just said he knew them and he hated them. After getting asked a second time he finally elaborated somewhat on his hatred for Kisame. Oddly enough, both Raiga and Naruto seemed to ignore the fact that Naruto asked that exact same question already.

I hoped and prayed this day would never come but I cant say I didnt know it was going to happen. I am no longer going to watch Naruto the series until next year, when part 2 airs. I hate it had to come to this too but it hurts me to see what the fillers are doing to the legacy of Naruto. The out of place comedy, the bland and repetative script, the rushed storylines and lack-luster endings....I for one cant take it anymore, the fillers are just going in a direction I dont like. I can say I did enjoy bits and pieces of this Raiga filler at first but as a whole I can't help but feel I just wasted time by watching all of them. So until Akatsuki shows thier face......Im done. Nothing but Manga from now on. Ill just keep reading these episode threads when they come up and stay up to date on the series that way.
Did he? I thought he merely asked Ranmaru. And Ranmaru said something like "Kisame?" And he had a picture in his head and said that Raiga didn't like Kisame so he didn't like Kisame. But yes, I agree with you. I've been saying it for a while now, and after watching these crappy arcs, I am done. All four of the arcs, had a group....and Naruto. They would've been better WITHOUT Naruto because in everyone, Naruto saved the day. That's so boring and repetitive. So, I'm done watching the filler arcs until April 2006.
MrPwnzerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 01:15 PM   #13
aoiroke
Genin
 
aoiroke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 195
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
aoiroke is an unknown quantity at this point
Episode 157 was truly ridiculous. The Arashi fellow always seems half-way out of his mind, his mother is old enough to be his grandmother. Well, at least the ‘oh me’, ‘oh my’ explains why the curry is absolutely awful. Also, I seem to fail to grasp the fact why Lee likes the curry.
Now at one point Ranmaru seems to have been cured by the curry, but Tenten still needs to carry him?
I didn’t like Raiga’s attacks. At first it seems he may have some huge power, but at the end he always gets beet up. The comedy was absolutely in the wrong place at the wrong time. When I thought the fight is really going to start with Raiga’s ‘Rairyuu no Tatsumaki’, Lee turned in to this ridiculous puppet-idiot. When Arashi finds Neji, he’s actually laying on the ground with his fingers tied together. How much chance do you think has a person (when struck by lighting) to fall down on the ground like that?
Oh, yeah. So Ranmaru makes a swirl of fog around Raiga and he is that much of an idiot to believe ‘it suddenly appeared’? I didn’t get the part with Raiga’s ‘lighting amour’ either. He said ‘it worked’ but didn’t Lee punch right through it?
The ending with Raiga falling off the cliff was silly. First he’s pissed and says that Ranmaru betrayed him. Then suddenly he’s happy that ‘Ranmaru is free now’.
I hate Neji in ‘do-nothing-play-drunk’ mode.
The only half-bad things were seeing Lee fighting while being drunk and Naruto doing ‘Bunshin Kaiten Kakatou to Shin’ (although it resembles ‘Naruto Rendan’ very, very, very much) and ‘Bunshin Tai Tatakai’.
__________________

Last edited by aoiroke; 10-28-2005 at 01:19 PM.
aoiroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 02:59 PM   #14
kidistight
S-Ranked Shinobi
 
kidistight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Northern VA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,691
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
kidistight is on a distinguished roadkidistight is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by assasinazn
Yeah this episode is more proof that Naruto is on a decline, most probably because of the recent release into the American Market. All I want to know is who writes these dodgy fillers, I mean I could have written a story like this, and I suck at writing.
Well, me and my friends have decided to pick the anime back up when Kakashi's Gaiden arrives. That and then the akatsuk arc!!!
Ohwells, bleach is calling meeeeeeeeeeeee..........
Yeah I have only watched the first 2 maybe 3 episodes of Bleach so I will probably just watch that until the 2nd part of the story picks up, i guess about 4 episodes a week over the next 26 weeks just to tease myself should be fine. Because the more I think of some of the good things that happened in the past on Naruto I just get frustrated. Could you imagine if they had this kind of forced comedy in the 3 senin fight or the Oro and the 3rd's fight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPwnzerz
Did he? I thought he merely asked Ranmaru. And Ranmaru said something like "Kisame?" And he had a picture in his head and said that Raiga didn't like Kisame so he didn't like Kisame. But yes, I agree with you. I've been saying it for a while now, and after watching these crappy arcs, I am done. All four of the arcs, had a group....and Naruto. They would've been better WITHOUT Naruto because in every one, Naruto saved the day. That's so boring and repetitive. So, I'm done watching the filler arcs until April 2006.
When you say that it almost reminds me of Dragonball Z where Goku always saves the day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aoiroke
...The only half-bad things were seeing Lee fighting while being drunk and Naruto doing ‘Bunshin Kaiten Kakatou to Shin’ (although it resembles ‘Naruto Rendan’ very, very, very much) and ‘Bunshin Tai Tatakai’.
I am not sure do you like Lee as a drunken master, I really liked him against Kimmi but this one was way overboard in my opinion.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeViLB0Y
You must be the "Kid" MPwnez mentioned from last week. Good facts and analysis.



I got rid of my teeth at a young age because... I'm straight. Teeth are for gay people. That's why fairies come and get them.

MasterShake



Aqua Team Hunger Force
kidistight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 07:31 PM   #15
leafgreentea
Genin
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: In the skies, beyond the clouds and stars, lilting upon the moon...
Age: 22
Posts: 50
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
leafgreentea is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm really sorry, but I hated this episode for these reasons:

-Naruto Raiga about Kisame. That's just stupid.
-Ranmaru just DITCHED Raiga. Ouch. That's a bit off. It's like. Oh, he saved me, and he took care of me, but I'm just going to betray him. That's just too cruel to be part of Ranmaru's character.
-Neji can't hold his alcohol.. and yet Naruto can? I mean, what's with the blood coming out the side of his mouth?
-This was just plain rushed and didn't flow well at all. Stupidity 100%
__________________
She ruffled her bright blonde hair, staring at the sunset. After a moment of silence, she sighed, leaning her pale arms on the rusty fence rail.

To his surprise, she turned around and winked at him.
"~~Love me, will ya?" She asked, sticking her tongue out childishly.

He grinned at her, and then shrugged.


I can take Fanfiction ONE-SHOT requests. ^_^ PM me for details.

leafgreentea is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Episode 156 (Spoilers) kidistight Naruto Anime 23 10-27-2005 10:56 AM
Episode 155 Discussion (SPOILERS) kidistight Naruto Anime 11 10-16-2005 12:39 PM
Episode 147 Discussion (SPOILERS) kidistight Naruto Anime 67 08-25-2005 01:29 PM
Episode 141 Discussion (SPOILERS) kidistight Naruto Anime 36 07-07-2005 09:39 AM
Episode 124 (Spoilers if you've not seen it) leingod3355 Naruto Anime 49 03-07-2005 05:59 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.