Characters moves *Possible Spoilers* - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Anime

Naruto Anime Talk about the anime series Naruto here! Remember, this is anime only. No manga!

Old 12-04-2004, 11:14 AM   #1
kidistight
S-Ranked Shinobi

kidistight is on a distinguished roadkidistight is on a distinguished road
Characters moves *Possible Spoilers*

I was watching some of the previous episodes to help pass the time by at work, since I am here for 12 hours a day. Anyways I was wondering why Naruto never followed up with Kakashi about learning the Chidori, so that he would know how to use it as well. I remember Naruto asking Kakshi to teach him how to do the move in epi 83, but Kakashi basically told Naruto the first step, and he was having trouble with that. The first step was to concentrate chakra in his hand, since Naruto can obviously do that thanks to his Rasengan, he should find out the next step. I just keep having thoughts as to what if Naruto knew how to do both, or was even able to combine the two against someone. True Jiarya said that the Rasengan is superior to the Chidori, but what harm is there in having multiple weapons to use when fighting. If you are in a war, you still carry knives even if you have a gun right.

I got rid of my teeth at a young age because... I'm straight. Teeth are for gay people. That's why fairies come and get them.

MasterShake

Aqua Team Hunger Force
kidistight is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-04-2004, 12:25 PM   #2
spiral_vortex
random_boy

spiral_vortex is an unknown quantity at this point
well who would use an attack that takes a quite bit more chakra than rasengan but a little weaker??? umm rasengan takes hardly any time to use and plus you can probly use it with 2 hands...unlike chidori if you used it with 2 hands think of the chaos it would birng.......you have too much speed thus making it hard for you to control your hands soo everything you touch gets destroyed......after all the 4th said it was incomplete for obvious reasons.....i think that rasenga is mor epowerful because the chakra is more focused into a ball while chidori is just a huge amount of chakra in your hand..................i forgot also that u can only use chidori for a minimum amount depending on who you are.....rasengan you can use as much as long as you have enough chakra
spiral_vortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 12:30 PM   #3
shinobi247
Genin

shinobi247 is an unknown quantity at this point
well my opinion is dat it wuz planned dat naruto would learn the rasengan rather than the chidori cuz team 7 wuz planned to follow in the footsteps of the 3 legendary sannin so it's natural dat nauto would want to learn the rasengan and from wat u can see it's far stronger

IN AN AGE OF NOTHING
AT A TIME WHEN WE STAND
AT THE BRINK OF OUR OWN DESTRUCTION
STRENGTHEN YOUR BELIEF IN YOURSELF
IN THE FUTURE OF HUMANITY
IN THE THINGS OF THIS WORLD
WHICH CANNOT BE EASILY PERCEIVED
AWAKEN THAT WHICH LIES DORMANT NOW WITHIN YOUR SOUL
AND MEASURE THE STRENGTH OF YOUR CONVICTION

shinobi247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 07:24 PM   #4
H_I
Jounin

H_I Pure EvilH_I Pure EvilH_I Pure EvilH_I Pure EvilH_I Pure EvilH_I Pure EvilH_I Pure EvilH_I Pure EvilH_I Pure EvilH_I Pure EvilH_I Pure Evil
Didnt jiraya say that it was a waste or something like that? everyone witnessed the power of both jutsus. I also agree with shinobi247 since jiraya is training him makes more sense that he learns only great jutsus
H_I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 07:39 PM   #5
Roy Mustang
Zero Alchemist

Roy Mustang can only hope to improve
yeah another reason why naruto should not be taught chidori is its useless because if naruto had chidori in the manga and sasuke had it to and they both used it would be shit right there and plus chidori is not organized chakra therefore making it weaker
Roy Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 07:51 PM   #6
SonicAdvDX
Chuunin

SonicAdvDX is an unknown quantity at this point
Exactly, Keitaro. Rasengan takes more consentration, thusfore, concentrated power. Chidori is just mish-mashed power flying all about.

I am the weilder of all Gmail invies! Email me if you want one!
SonicAdvDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 06:38 AM   #7
hotohori
Chuunin

hotohori is an unknown quantity at this point
Also, even if Naruto could learn Chidori, he wouldnt be able to use it in fights very well because he doesn't have the eye to see his opponents' counter. (If you recall why the 4th said it was an incomplete jutsu - I'll leave it at this so that there'll be no spoiler.) Remember also the reason why Kakashi taught Sasuke the Chidori? Because they were the same type. But I also think that Naruto could, if he wanted to, learn the Chidori - it just wouldn't be advisable.
hotohori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 06:43 AM   #8
Veggie-Kun
Genin

Veggie-Kun is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
after all the 4th said it was incomplete for obvious reasons.....i think that rasenga is mor epowerful because the chakra is more focused into a ball while chidori is just a huge amount of chakra in your hand
Could this mean that the Chidori could be (would be) better than Rasengan if it is complete??
Veggie-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 12:37 AM   #9
hotohori
Chuunin

hotohori is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veggie-Kun
Could this mean that the Chidori could be (would be) better than Rasengan if it is complete??
Nope. What the Fourth was talking about the Chidori being incomplete - he was referring to the fact that the Chidori is easy to counter by your enemy.. unless you have the "eye" to see that counter. Because, when you use the Chidori, u have to run straight into your enemy - which makes you fairly easy to be seen by the enemy --> thus making it easy for the enemy to counter your move. Remember when they all saw Sasuke use the Chidori at the Chuunin exams to attack Gaara? Lee said "I would not run straight into the enemy like that because a straight frontal attack is easy to be seen and countered by the enemy. But you, Sasuke-kun, you have the eye to see that counter" -- obviously he was referring to Sasuke's Sharingan. So even if anyone could learn the Chidori, however, not everyone has as sharp an eye as the Sharingan - thus, it still wouldnt be advisable to use the Chidori. The Chidori could only be considered a complete jutsu if the user has the large amount of chakra required for it, the speed, and the very sharp eyes. (Feel free to add if I missed some of the prerequisites)

So to finally answer the question (whew!), well, so you can see that Sasuke and Kakashi both use the Chidori effectively but still! The Rasengan is still stronger than the Chidori (complete).

Last edited by hotohori; 12-10-2004 at 12:41 AM.
hotohori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 07:13 AM   #10
Veggie-Kun
Genin

Ok that i can understand and it makes sense about the chidori...but rasengan is also a no justu attack, which althought can be controlled with only one hand, should have the basically the same disadvantages than the chidori (As I see it, with rasengan you also need to charge the enemy)? althought I know it is stronger and requires less chakra!!.

Thanks for the post, your theory's is pretty good hotohori!!!!
Old 12-10-2004, 07:45 AM   #11
GoldenEyes
Genin

GoldenEyes is an unknown quantity at this point
Wrong, you do not need to charge the enemy with the Rasengan. If you remember the fight between Naruto and Kabuto its shown right there. Naruto held him there, formed the Rasengan, and just shoved it straight into his chest.

I think your reasons for why the Chidori is inferior is not only why he shouldn't learn it, but why Kakashi never taught him.
Old 12-10-2004, 09:12 AM   #12
Veggie-Kun
Genin

Ok I was wrong thanks for pionting that out . But still what is the mojor advantage that Resangen has over Chidori? The only one I can come up with is that Rasengan uses less chakra and releases more power than the Chidori.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEyes
I think your reasons for why the Chidori is inferior is not only why he shouldn't learn it, but why Kakashi never taught him.
I think this could generate a whole new discussion.
Old 12-10-2004, 09:25 AM   #13
GoldenEyes
Genin

GoldenEyes is an unknown quantity at this point
Lets see...its harder to counter, easier to use, less chakra, a lot more powerful...What the hell else more do you want?
Old 12-10-2004, 10:17 AM   #14
nma
ANBU

nma is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, we dont really know if it you uses less chakra. Remember when Naruto was practicing the sencond stage of the rasengan he was forcing all that chakra into the rubber ball and when it exploded he got sent hurtling back. Again, when Naruto used it on Kabuto he flew back some hundred feet and still made a sizable dent in a huge boulder. If anything, i think the rasengan uses more chakra but naruto has more chakra than sasuke and thats why naruto was not limited.
nma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 03:02 PM   #15
sakura_qt
Genin

sakura_qt is an unknown quantity at this point
but how was it that sasuke's chidori made a crack in that raigun ( or whatever it was called) sword and naruto's rasengan just dissipated??? could there be defferences in the after effects of their powers?
sakura_qt is offline   Reply With Quote