In American Anime's defense... - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Anime & Manga

Anime & Manga Talk about some other anime and manga series in this section of the forum!

Old 11-09-2005, 02:54 PM   #1
KyoichiKanami
R.I.P Richard Pryor 12/1/1940 - 12/10/2005

KyoichiKanami is an unknown quantity at this point
In American Anime's defense...

Well, I just took a look at Khari's post, and I felt like I needed to defend american animes. But first, let me clear something up. I think that Khari had meant american-originating animation, reather than american dubs of animes. But, back to the point. I think most american animes nowadays are pretty good, actually. I mean, let's look at IGPX and Avatar: The Last Airbender. Those tow shows have set new ground with american animes, for the fact that they aren't nessecarily trying to imitate japanes animes. I mean, sure Avatar based the bending or whatever off of martial arts, but overall it's a pretty original show. And IGPX, I haven't seen an entire episode, but I'm certain anything Toonami created isn't exactly the same as some other animes. And even if they are, what do we have to complain about? Aside from the art style, I don't see anything that's a blatent ripoff of anime. I don't understand the bashing of any american anime really unless the plot is bad, because I've heard many people say imitation is the best form of flattery. So really, it's a compliment to imitate anime over here. 'Least that's how I figure.

The Dai-Gurren Dan! Kicking reason to the curb and piercing through heaven!
KyoichiKanami is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-09-2005, 03:00 PM   #2
drunk_sea_monkey
S-Ranked Shinobi

drunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant future
I just can't stand most american "animes" for some reson. maybe its just the voices or the way they do what they do. or maybe i just don't like it at all. like Airbender seems more like a cartoon to me. and i just don't like it. but then again i am picky about the art style.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:09 PM   #3
OffTheChain

OffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure Evil
Yeh, if he meant anime than dub then id understand

I love Avatar: The Legend of Aang...pretty cool and anime-ish

Martin mystery and other cartoons leading towards the anime style of drawing arent too bad, but arent as good as japanese for many obvious reasons. They seem like rip-offs or whatever.
You cant get the exact same feel that you get from proper anime

If you mean dub, then americans dubbings are crap in some anime
OffTheChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 06:16 PM   #4
KyoichiKanami
R.I.P Richard Pryor 12/1/1940 - 12/10/2005

KyoichiKanami is an unknown quantity at this point
But that's what I mean. Yes, shows like Avatar aren't really trying to copy anyone. There are similarities, perhaps, but they aren't trying to copy anyone

The Dai-Gurren Dan! Kicking reason to the curb and piercing through heaven!
KyoichiKanami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 07:18 PM   #5
typhoon_4434
Missing-Nin

typhoon_4434 is infamous around these partstyphoon_4434 is infamous around these partstyphoon_4434 is infamous around these partstyphoon_4434 is infamous around these partstyphoon_4434 is infamous around these partstyphoon_4434 is infamous around these partstyphoon_4434 is infamous around these partstyphoon_4434 is infamous around these partstyphoon_4434 is infamous around these parts
Avatar: Legend of Aang? I though it was Avatar: The Last Airbender?

and American "animes" are ok.
typhoon_4434 is offline   Reply With Quote