About your role:
The Director, Communications will be responsible for developing and driving an external, internal and executive communications strategy for Fandom. He/She will develop a strategy to improve B2B and B2C awareness and favorability for Fandom through press, speaking opportunities and smart partnerships/integrations. He/She will also play a key role in Fandom’s culture initiatives, improving cross-company communication and collaboration. The Director will report to the CMO.
- Partner with product, content/programming, community, business development and sales to understand key initiatives and opportunities to strengthen Fandom’s positioning and raise its profile both internally and externally
- Create a strategic plan for B2B communications, including tentpole integration opportunities, executive profiles, case studies, and research
- Fuel consumer brand exposure and awareness, bringing forward breakthrough moments key to Fandom’s position and story
- Develop internal communications strategies and activities in coordination with Human Resources team, to connect key internal stakeholders and employees across the company
- Craft pitches, press releases and key talking points, owning the internal and external messaging around projects
- Build compelling press kits and collaborate with events team on stunts and special events
- Identify high visibility opportunities for the business and its senior leaders (e.g., events, conferences, awards etc.)
- Develop and cultivate close relationships with key editors, journalists and influencers at business, trade and consumer outlets
- Prioritize press/communications initiative based on jointly developed KPIs to ensure team delivers strong ROI for the business
- 10+ years of PR/communications experience in entertainment and media
- Strong relationships with B2B and B2C journalists/publications; proven success in securing top tier media coverage
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously and prioritize according to ROI
- Strategic thinker and creative problem solver with excellent writing skills
- Passion for storytelling and being part of a growing brand
- Self-starter, who is proactive and highly collaborative
- Ability to foster strong relationships with executives and act as counsel on external and internal communication needs
- Good judgment and composure under pressure
- Trustworthy and able to keep highly sensitive information confidential
- Managerial experience
Benefits & Perks
Medical, dental, and vision benefits, company paid short-term and long-term disability, company paid life insurance, stock options, annual training budget per employee, pre-tax benefit options (including Flexible Spending Accounts, Healthcare Savings Accounts and Commuter Benefits), biweekly office lunches and periodic happy hours, full pantry complete with coffee, a variety of drinks, cookies and healthy food options, flexible working hours, international work environment with start-up culture and easily accessible by public transportation.
FANDOM is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. The fan-trusted source in entertainment, FANDOM provides a home to explore, contribute to, and celebrate the world of pop culture. Whether looking for in-depth information on favorite fandoms or what’s buzzing in entertainment, FANDOM has your pop culture curiosities covered through fan-expert knowledge and carefully curated and fun, original multi-platform content.
FANDOM has a global audience of almost 200 million monthly uniques and encompasses over 400,000 fan communities. We currently feature more than 55 million pages of content, inclusive of video.