About your role:
The Head of Data & Programmatic Sales will drive all sales efforts with data & private marketplaces. The purpose of this role is to bring in deals that leverage our proprietary embed, unique inventory and first party data. The role will involve working with SSPs, DSPs, Agency Trading Desks and data exchanges.
This role will report to SVP of Sales.
Challenges and Opportunities for the position
The role offers a massive opportunity to grow out our buy-side business and bring in consistent PMP and guaranteed data revenue. This person will work hand in hand with direct sales organization to maximize total revenue for Fandom. In addition to optimizing our current PMP strategy, this sales leader will be tasked with developing a data monetization strategy.
- Guide and drive use of audience data to impact media strategies for client account(s) based on overall objectives
- Understand how platform/data technologies work and offer the ability to explain in ordinary terms (be technically savvy - understand the opportunities and limitations)
- Identify opportunities – industry learning, meet with vendors and provide a POV, with a client lens and in desired format -- education/evangelize the findings
- Oversee relationship with DMP (Data Management Platform) and Ad Tech Solutions
- Partner with teams to support DSP, and Data/Analytics partnerships
- Drive data strategy and integration into media plans focused on audience details
- Leverage relationships with agencies, buyers and DSPs to secure always on PMP deals to run across our inventory
- Consistently optimize PMP campaigns to deliver the best results
- Work with product to develop new features aimed at increasing revenue
- Consistently monitor the industry to understand new trends and innovation
- Provide all necessary campaign information to Ad Ops and Account Management team for campaign execution
- Previous experience in selling programmatic media is a MUST
- Experience in pricing and packaging 1st party data to clients and the marketplace
- Familiarity with selling PMPs and programmatic guaranteed on programmatic exchanges
- Experience selling deals based on audience segment targeting
- Sell data segments from proprietary DMP on data exchanges
- Proven ability at closing programmatic deals and retaining customer spend
- 6-10 years experience in online advertising technology sales. 4 that include people / sales management.
- 10-12 years overall business experience in sales, business development or account management preferably in online advertising, trading desk and/or data sales organizations.
- Eagerness to work in a startup team environment that will be rapidly changing.
- Demonstrated development of meaningful partnerships with a diverse client base and proven track record as a trusted advisor to brands and agencies.
- Professional oral and written communication skills.
- High degree of creativity, self-motivation, and drive.
- BS or BA required & advanced degree desirable.
Benefits & Perks
- Stock options
- Periodic Team Lunches and Happy Hour
- Full pantry complete with coffee, a variety of drinks, cookies and healthy food options
- Employee Interest and Hobby Groups supported by the company
- Flexible working hours
- International work environment with start-up culture
FANDOM is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. The fan-trusted source in entertainment, FANDOM provides a home to explore, contribute to, and celebrate the world of pop culture. Whether looking for in-depth information on favorite fandoms or what’s buzzing in entertainment, FANDOM has your pop culture curiosities covered through fan-expert knowledge and carefully curated and fun, original multi-platform content.
FANDOM has a global audience of almost 200 million monthly uniques and encompasses over 400,000 fan communities. We currently feature more than 55 million pages of content, inclusive of video.