About your role:
We need a Frontman!
As a Front-end Developer in the I-Wing team you will work in a cross-ocean product team, delivering the best web experience for millions of Fandom’s users. You will help us with scaling and improving our products by creating a wide range of features to allow fans to contribute and consume their content more easily. You will become a part of autonomous, experienced team, where you will be involved in all steps of our development process, allowing you to contribute your own ideas and improvements to our platform.
A person we are looking for should have a problem solving mindset, an experience with writing scalable, resilient and testable code as well as a deep understanding of modern web technologies. Ideally you should also be familiar with (or be willing to learn) PHP or Java. Your collaborative and mentoring skills are more than welcome.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing new features for desktop and mobile
- Optimising apps for the best performance
- Writing unit and integration tests
- Taking part of end-to-end app design process (including product decisions, APIs and FE solutions)
- Solving both technical and business challenges
- Sharing knowledge with others
- Giving feedback to your peers
- Proposing new solutions, ideas, and approaches to both technical and business processes
- Experience with developing large scale, highly-trafficked and dynamic websites
- Understanding and appreciating the full stack of modern web applications from server's bare metal to the user's browser
- Passion for delivering well-structured, tested, maintainable and useful software quickly
- Willingness to seek and provide constructive feedback
- Ability to work with distributed teams in different time zones
- Good English skills
- Business-oriented mindset
Bonus points if you...
- Have experience with other object-oriented languages such as PHP, Python or Java will be advantage
- Contribute to open source projects
- Are passionate about something outside of your job and like to geek out about
Benefits & Perks
- Salary ranges: from 12 000 PLN up (depending on experience)
- Stock options
- Training based on business needs
- Cafeteria Benefit Program (including private medical care, gym membership, shopping/wellness bonus, etc.)
- Flexible working hours
- Team lunches and events
- Full pantry complete with coffee, a variety of drinks, cookies and healthy food options
- Interest and hobby groups
- Open, energetic and fan-focused, international work environment
- Well-equipped and constantly expanding library
FANDOM is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. The fan-trusted source in entertainment, FANDOM provides a home to explore, contribute to, and celebrate the world of pop culture. Whether looking for in-depth information on favorite fandoms or what’s buzzing in entertainment, FANDOM has your pop culture curiosities covered through fan-expert knowledge and carefully curated and fun, original multi-platform content.
FANDOM has a global audience of almost 200 million monthly uniques and encompasses over 400,000 fan communities. We currently feature more than 55 million pages of content, inclusive of video.