About your role:
Microservices Developer will be involved in designing architecture, implementing microservices, tooling, and infrastructure to provide additional backend functionality in our platform. This is a part of our effort to grow our microservice platform which includes both implementing new features and creating building blocks for future services. You will be evangelising others regarding new trends, technologies and providing mentorship and advice to other engineers in your team. You will not have direct reports but may lead projects and direct the activities of a team related to special initiatives or operations.
A person in this position needs to have a deep understanding of implementing highly scalable and performant web services as well as attention to quality and good collaboration skills and mentoring skills.
If you want to work with the newest technologies and solutions such as: jOOQ, Guice, Gradle, Redis, Memcache, Kubernetes, Prometheus, RabbitMQ, OpenTracing, Google Cloud Storage, and more - join us!
- Implementing new (mostly) Java microservices and improving existing ones
- Designing APIs in a clean and extensible way
- Designing, building and testing scalable backend systems
- Building CI/CD pipelines
- Maintaining a stable infrastructure
- Solving and proposing solutions to both technical and business challenges
- Collaborating with internal clients in different locations and teams
- Giving feedback to your peers, sharing knowledge with others, providing mentorship and advice to other engineers
- Building tools and knowledge base for other engineers
- Updating job knowledge by researching new technologies and software products
- Empowering other teams to build their products efficiently
- Sharing knowledge outside and speak at meetups and conferences
- Showing initiative to initiate and actively facilitate meetings and issue resolution, involving the right individuals
- Creating healthy and motivating work environment and driving a learning culture
- Driving efficiency, quality and compliance into the engineering processes in partnership with the engineering manager.
- 3+ years of professional server-side development experience
- Experienced in architecting and building large-scale microservices solutions
- Experienced with:
- Java 8+, JVM and modern Java development practices and patterns
- Working with popular Java frameworks
- Working with and designing RESTful web services
- Asynchronous, eventually consistent and distributed processes
- Building resilient systems
- Able to design schemas for relational databases such as MySQL, write efficient SQL without an ORM and optimize DB queries
- Focused on searching for solutions and learning new things
- Fluency in English both written and verbal
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and mentoring skills
- Flexible team-oriented attitude
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment
- A business-oriented engineer
Bonus points if you...
- Have written microservices as part of a service-oriented architecture (SOA)
- Have experience with any or all of the following: jOOQ, Guice, Gradle, InfluxDB, Redis, Memcache, Kubernetes, Prometheus, RabbitMQ, Jenkins, OpenTracing, Google Cloud Storage, MediaWiki
Benefits & Perks
- Salary ranges: + 14 000 PLN
- Stock options
- Training based on business needs
- Cafeteria Benefit Program (including private medical care, gym membership, shopping/wellness bonus, etc.)
- Flexible working hours
- Team lunches and events
- Full pantry complete with coffee, a variety of drinks, cookies and healthy food options
- Interest and hobby groups
- Open, energetic and fan-focused, international work environment
- Well-equipped and constantly expanding library
FANDOM is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. The fan-trusted source in entertainment, FANDOM provides a home to explore, contribute to, and celebrate the world of pop culture. Whether looking for in-depth information on favorite fandoms or what’s buzzing in entertainment, FANDOM has your pop culture curiosities covered through fan-expert knowledge and carefully curated and fun, original multi-platform content.
FANDOM has a global audience of almost 200 million monthly uniques and encompasses over 400,000 fan communities. We currently feature more than 55 million pages of content, inclusive of video.