About your role:
We are looking for a creative director for the Cortex roleplaying game system with a passion for all genres of entertainment, a knack for development and storytelling, and an understanding of the industry, market, and target audiences. The creative director would manage the tabletop game production team at Fandom. Their responsibilities also include developing design and gaming protocols, defining game-play mechanics, coordinating with editors and art directors, ensuring quality, and meeting with company executives.
This is a highly collaborative role for a candidate looking for a hands-on experience helping a growing company scale against an exciting vision.
- Direct the game designers, content writers, story director, art director, and managing editor, on staff and freelance, to produce roleplaying games based on Cortex Prime.
- Develop the game strategy plans and design strategies for Cortex Prime roleplaying games including all licensed properties.
- Direct brainstorming meetings and creative sessions.
- Shape game standards and create procedures to ensure all products are system and game appropriate.
- Supervise the game production team’s daily workflow, assign project workload, and monitor deadlines.
- Work with Fandom Tabletop organization to launch and maintain Cortex Prime platform and products.
- Work with licensed partners to develop complementary strategies and to approve the creative aspects of their products.
- 3-5 years of professional experience
- Background in game design and development
- Strong business acumen, problem solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Experience leading game publishing efforts from design to distribution
- Strong Adobe InDesign, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills, including experience building management-facing PowerPoint presentations
- Thrive in a fast-moving, ambiguous environment, and are independently capable of seeking information, corralling resources, and delivering results without waiting for direction
Bonus points if you...
- Experience working with distributed teams
- Experience with highly engaged, scaled media and consumer products
- A passion for tabletop and roleplaying gaming
Benefits & Perks
- Healthcare and commuter benefits, stock options, annual training budget per employee, pre-tax benefit options (FSA, HSA & Commuter), permissive time-off, biweekly office lunches and periodic happy hours, full pantry complete with coffee, a variety of drinks, cookies and healthy food options, flexible working hours, international work environment with start-up culture, easily accessible by public transportation
FANDOM is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. The fan-trusted source in entertainment, FANDOM provides a home to explore, contribute to, and celebrate the world of pop culture. Whether looking for in-depth information on favorite fandoms or what’s buzzing in entertainment, FANDOM has your pop culture curiosities covered through fan-expert knowledge and carefully curated and fun, original multi-platform content.
FANDOM has a global audience of almost 200 million monthly uniques and encompasses over 400,000 fan communities. We currently feature more than 55 million pages of content, inclusive of video.