About your role:
The Director, Email Strategy and Operations will lead Fandom’s email programs and strategy across our wikis, video, events and direct to consumer businesses. He/She will build a deeper relationship with our audiences across platforms, developing a program to drive brand awareness and engagement and subscriber/purchaser acquisition and retention. The Director will be a collaborative and strategic leader with strong operational and technical chops and have a data-driven, audience first, engagement mindset. Key responibilities include:
- Lead the vision, strategy, and results for our global email marketing program, encompassing marketing, content, sponsored, and transactional email programs supporting growth, engagement and retention across our platforms
- Assess and revamp/rebuild our current email acquisition, activation (ESP) and data (architecture) tools and strategy
- Develop a comprehensive roadmap to engage consumers across a wide spectrum of need states and use cases with clear goals, strategies, tactics and ROI
- Build a rigorous testing strategy to optimize against multiple variables including send times, calls to action, design, topic(s) and format
- Lead advancement and evolution of email targeting and personalization strategies, utilizing data to develop content, messaging and audience segmentation
- Build models to prioritize email efforts across multiple teams to optimize towards highest ROI
- Collaborate with members across the marketing organization to create a 360 plan with consistent branding/messaging across search, social, events, paid marketing, and communications to maximize consumer engagement and LTV
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to integrate email marketing/acquisition into site user flow and to integrate data into CRM/ESP for segmentation/activation
- Work with revenue team to maximize the value of email across sponsorships, branded content pushes, in-newsletter placements, referrals and data sales; establish targets and manage against goal achievement
- Collaborate with IP and marketing partners to develop sweeps and co-branded programs and swaps to cross-pollinate and build lists/value
- Work with analytics team to build dashboards that provide transparency and insight around email program goal attainment for stakeholders across the organization
- 10+ years across all facets of email marketing, including ESP/CRM builds, campaign strategy/development, messaging, customer segmentation, deliverability and AB/multivariate testing
- 5+ years of experience in media/entertainment, 3+ years of experience in DTC/subscription businesses
- Experience activating against multifaceted customer journeys
- Comfort with various sets of marketing, customer and financial data, with the ability to model out ROI to inform team planning and investment cases
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze data in GA and ESPs to report against goals and monitor/optimize strategy
- Strong operations, process and technical skills with the ability to develop best in class front to back email solutions
- Deep understanding of brand and ability to create a customized, creative and innovative brand differentiated email program
- Highly detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize and re-prioritize based on changing business needs
- Excellent communication and persuasion skills. Proactive, collaborative, organized, curious, problem solver with “can-do” attitude.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, excited by the challenges that come along with building a growing business
Benefits & Perks
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits, company paid short-term and long-term disability, company paid life insurance, stock options, 401k match, gym reimbursement, unlimited time-off, annual training budget per employee, pre-tax benefit options (including Flexible Spending Accounts, Healthcare Savings Accounts and Commuter Benefits), biweekly office lunches and periodic happy hours, full pantry complete with coffee, a variety of drinks, cookies and healthy food options, flexible working hours, international work environment with start-up culture and easily accessible by public transportation.
FANDOM is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. The fan-trusted source in entertainment, FANDOM provides a home to explore, contribute to, and celebrate the world of pop culture. Whether looking for in-depth information on favorite fandoms or what’s buzzing in entertainment, FANDOM has your pop culture curiosities covered through fan-expert knowledge and carefully curated and fun, original multi-platform content.
FANDOM has a global audience of almost 200 million monthly uniques and encompasses over 400,000 fan communities. We currently feature more than 55 million pages of content, inclusive of video.