About Your Role:
Fandom is seeking a Director of FP&A. You will be a key member of the Finance team, serving as an interface between Finance and the other departments. You will bring best practices and thoughtful approaches to modeling the short-term and long-term business, consolidating business results and developing meaningful business insights. You will monitor performance against the budget, partnering with executives and department owners to adjust plans as necessary. You will also be responsible for delivering value-added business analysis that leads to insightful and accurate decision-making.
You love rolling up your sleeves and diving into all activities associated with building businesses. You take a collaborative approach to problem solving and are able to build effective relationships with cross-functional departments to deliver results. You seek to understand business drivers, initiatives, and blockers. You are organized, able to balance priorities, and communicate well. You take initiative and are able to work in a dynamic environment across all levels of management and across functions and geographies. You are confident, energetic, demonstrate good judgment, and are able to influence positive outcomes.
- Lead company-wide financial planning process; long term strategy, annual budgeting, monthly forecasting and reconciliation of variances to actual results
- Develop trusted relationships with a broad base of key stakeholders and business partners as a key point of contact for Finance
- Develop and own company level financial forecasts that accurately predict business performance in order to manage the company towards desired outcomes.
- Oversee the development and evolution of financial planning and reporting systems (Adaptive Insights and Excel) to create compelling reporting, improve visibility and increase operating leverage
- Support strategic short and long-term business decisions through financial modeling of revenue streams and analysis of investment opportunities
- Mentor and manage a team to build culture, promote growth and improve the effectiveness of the FP&A function
- BA/BS degree in a quantitative discipline, with 8+ years of progressive experience in corporate finance roles
- Track record of assembling and presenting complex financial analyses to senior management
- Experience with implementation and development of corporate financial systems (we are on Adaptive Insights and Netsuite)
- Strong business judgment and intellectual curiosity; ability to turn data into actionable insights and recommendations via business models and reporting
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Advanced skills in using Excel, and experience with using SQL, BI and analytics tools
- Understanding of financial concepts, ability to interpret financial statements, and familiarity with GAAP accounting principles
- First-hand knowledge of online advertising, e-commerce, and consumer oriented Saas business models
Benefits & Perks:
- Stock options
- Training based on business needs
- Cafeteria Benefit Program (including private medical care, gym membership, shopping/wellness bonus, etc.)
- Flexible working hours
- Team lunches and events
- Full pantry complete with coffee, a variety of drinks, cookies and healthy food options
- Interest and hobby groups
- Open, energetic and fan-focused, international work environment
Fandom is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. The fan-trusted source in entertainment, Fandom provides a home to explore, contribute to, and celebrate the world of pop culture. Whether looking for in-depth information on favorite fandoms or what’s buzzing in entertainment, Fandom has your pop culture curiosities covered through fan-expert knowledge and carefully curated and fun, original multi-platform content.
Fandom has a global audience of over 200 million monthly unique visits and encompasses over 400,000 fan communities. We currently feature more than 55 million pages of content, inclusive of video.