About your role
We are looking for a proven business analyst to join our BIzOps & Strategy team. The BizOps & Strategy business analyst will help Fandom break down complex data and problems into actionable insights. You’ll be working closely with the key business owners and drivers and other finance analysts to support the ongoing development of enterprise insights and support the company’s operational fidelity. You’ll be instrumental in helping Fandom leadership operate with accurate insights, and support the organization’s data-driven decision making. Our team helps extract actionable insights that are used by teams throughout the company. Our work is cross-functional in nature; you’ll touch on subject matter across product, marketing, finance and growth.
This is a highly collaborative role for a candidate looking for a hands-on experience helping a growing company scale against an exciting vision.
- Design, improve and manage key dashboards and management reports to monitor business performance, analyze business drivers, and provide actionable insights and visualization of KPIs
- Build dynamic financial models in support of existing and emerging company opportunities
- Drive automation and improvement in critical business systems, tools and processes.
- Develop presentations and reports to communicate key messages to senior management as well as ongoing and ad hoc reporting and analysis requests
- Help tackle key go-to-market questions around critical initiatives in a supportive capacity
- Develop a deep understanding of our users, usage, customers, and products and how they impact our business, to inform important decisions across the organization.
- Help build and manage models for core enterprise metrics that drive forecasting and strategic planning for the entire company
- Work closely with embedded analysts across company business units to help answer key strategic questions and help make data-supported decisions
- Work closely with the finance team and senior leaders to craft regular updates to the Board of Directors and Executive Team
- 2-4 years of professional experience
- Background in management consulting, investment banking, private equity, strategy or an analytical role within a technology company
- Strong business acumen, problem solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Experience working directly with business users to build reports, dashboards and solving business questions with data
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills, including experience building financial models and management-facing PowerPoint presentations
- Advanced proficiency with SQL or similar analytical tool
- Thrive in a fast-moving, ambiguous environment, and are independently capable of seeking information, corralling resources, and delivering results without waiting for direction
- Data visualization skills - an ability to tell stories and make dashboards actionable
Bonus points if you have...
- Experience working with distributed teams
- Experience with highly engaged, scaled media and consumer products
- A passion for entertainment brands within gaming, TV, movies, and/or comics
Benefits & Perks
Healthcare and commuter benefits, stock options, annual training budget per employee, pre-tax benefit options (FSA, HSA & Commuter), permissive time-off, biweekly office lunches and periodic happy hours, full pantry complete with coffee, a variety of drinks, cookies and healthy food options, flexible working hours, international work environment with start-up culture, easily accessible by public transportation
FANDOM is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. The fan-trusted source in entertainment, FANDOM provides a home to explore, contribute to, and celebrate the world of pop culture. Whether looking for in-depth information on favorite fandoms or what’s buzzing in entertainment, FANDOM has your pop culture curiosities covered through fan-expert knowledge and carefully curated and fun, original multi-platform content.
FANDOM has a global audience of more than 200 million monthly uniques and encompasses over 400,000 fan communities. We currently feature more than 55 million pages of content, inclusive of video.