About the role
Join the Tabletop RPG team at Fandom and work on digital companions for the world’s greatest role playing games. We are excited to take the next steps in realizing our extensive vision for Tabletop gaming—continuing to bring the most convenience, customization, and captivation to the TRPG community we can.
As the E-Commerce Software Development Manager, you will manage the development team responsible for building out e-commerce solutions for our Tabletop RPG platform. You will work closely with the Product Manager and development team engineers to break down and estimate team workloads. You will own management and planning of technical execution towards key business goals as well as communication of technical project status with all key stakeholders.
- Lead the development team to meet key business goals on time with high quality
- Focus your team on engineering best practices and sound software design approaches
- Clarify design and technical requirements
- Drive effective business, technical, and planning discussions
- Clearly communicate goals and project status to your team as well as the rest of the business
- Accelerate growth and development of the team and the team members
- Participate in the hiring process for multiple teams
- have some hands-on software development
- Have the opportunity to directly impact and drive subscriber growth, commerce, and revenue for our TRPG platform
- Manage in a highly collaborative environment that emphasizes team ownership and execution over individual ownership and execution
- Operate in an environment where you have direct influence on product and technical decisions
- Work side-by-side with passionate engineers that have diverse skill sets
You will be successful here because...
- You will solicit, accept, and give respectful and appropriate feedback
- You advance team initiatives through action
- You do not fear failure. In fact, you embrace it as a means of personal and team growth.
- You coach your team to develop maintainable software through proper design, testing, and documentation
We are excited about you because you have experience with...
- Developing ecommerce systems
- Leading an empowered product development team with a strong focus on teamwork
- Establishing a strong devops engineering culture within an organization
- Successfully organizing execution of projects within a globally distributed team structure
- Driving the full application development lifecycle including design, development, monitoring and maintenance
- Building large scale software systems in a cloud infrastructure
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads development team to meet key business goals on time with high quality
- Focuses team on engineering best practices and sound software design approaches
- Clarifies design and technical requirements
- Drives effective business, technical, and planning discussions
- Clearly communicates goals and project status to the team as well as the rest of the business
- Accelerates growth and development of the team and the team members
- Participates in hiring process for multiple teams
- Participates in some coding
- 5+ years of professional experience managing and/or leading development team(s)
- 3+ years of professional web development experience
- Strong leadership, mentoring and coaching skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong object oriented development skills
- Familiarity with relational database design and development
- Familiarity with software design patterns and practices
- E-commerce system experience
- MySQL / database experience
- AWS / cloud infrastructure experience
- React / JS SPA framework experience
FANDOM is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. The fan-trusted source in entertainment, FANDOM provides a home to explore, contribute to, and celebrate the world of pop culture. Whether looking for in-depth information on favorite fandoms or what’s buzzing in entertainment, FANDOM has your pop culture curiosities covered through fan-expert knowledge and carefully curated and fun, original multi-platform content.
FANDOM has a global audience of almost 200 million monthly uniques and encompasses over 400,000 fan communities. We currently feature more than 55 million pages of content, inclusive of video.