About your role
At FANDOM, this HR Business Partner role (internally referred to as People Partner) works as a HR subject matter expert and provides strategic and tactical consulting to our Sales, Marketing, and Business Development teams. Reporting to the Director, HRBP, you will also be responsible for the day-to-day support for employees in our Huntsville and New York offices.
- Build trusted relationships with senior leaders and their teams, to ensure that business needs are taken into consideration in developing HR initiatives and that HR Standards and Procedures are fully understood and implemented within support area
- Provide proactive leadership and creative insights to clarify and resolve business issues within the department
- Coach and challenge managers in decision making on HR matters.
- Recommend, implement and update guidelines and policies in order to ensure relevant HR services and consistent standards of employment in alignment with other HR functions and other departments
- Work closely with Line Management in structuring and developing their respective teams (e.g. team line up, regular HR check) and support agreed action plans.
- Support Performance Management including employee-driven development, merit cycle, low-performance management and disciplinary measures in alignment with managers
- Take ownership for HR projects (at least 1 key initiative in alignment OKR’s).
- Support the leadership team in proposing and carrying out initiatives leading to high employee engagement
- Build the employer brand within the respective target groups.
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role
- Have proficient knowledge of US employment law
- Ability to inspire others into action and think creatively about solutions
- Successful experience consulting with all levels of management; able to effectively build relationships by establishing trust, credibility and adding value quickly
- Exceptional communication skills combined with problem-solving abilities
- Excellent organization and follow-through skills.
- Expert in leadership to manage with confidence, practicing sound judgment, business acumen and the ability to make a strong contribution quickly
Benefits & Perks
- Stock options
- Training based on business needs
- Cafeteria Benefit Program (including private medical care, gym membership, shopping/wellness bonus, etc.)
- Flexible working hours
- Team lunches and events
- Full pantry complete with coffee, a variety of drinks, cookies and healthy food options
- Open, energetic and fan-focused, international work environment
Fandom is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. The fan-trusted source in entertainment, Fandom provides a home to explore, contribute to, and celebrate the world of pop culture. Whether looking for in-depth information on favorite fandoms or what’s buzzing in entertainment, Fandom has your pop culture curiosities covered through fan-expert knowledge and carefully curated and fun, original multi-platform content.
Fandom has a global audience of almost 200 million monthly uniques and encompasses over 400,000 fan communities. We currently feature more than 55 million pages of content, inclusive of video.
Fandom is an Equal Opportunity Employer