About this Role...
Fandom – the largest global entertainment platform powered by fans – is seeking a Director of Consumer Insights to build a primary research strategy and plan to gain a better understanding of Fandom’s users across sites and platforms. The Director will work across all Fandom teams - content, community, sales, and product/tech - to ensure that the voice of the consumer is core to initiatives across the business.
- Establish strong relationships with all Fandom teams to gain an understanding of objectives and needs to inform overall research plan and priorities
- Oversee all custom consumer research, including exploratories, attitudes and usage, segmentation studies, trackers and concept tests
- Collaborate closely with analytics and UX research to craft 360 research projects, using the best methodologies across platforms to tell the complete consumer story
- Build and maintain The Fan Lab, our new research community, ensuring that we’re tapping into members to drive decisioning across the business and keeping members engaged and activated
- Ideate innovative research studies and methodologies that bring our audience to life in new ways and uncover new opportunities to super serve our fans
- Manage custom research budgets, utilizing vendors where valuable and managing them to ensure that results are timely, actionable and within budget
- Bring a strong understanding of appropriate methodologies for various business objectives and overall sampling/representativeness to ensure insights are valid and actionable
- Proactively share and present research findings across the business both internally and externally
- 12+ years primary research experience (quantitative and qualitative research methodologies)
- 6+ years digital media research experience
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects at the same time
- A storyteller with the ability to uncover and share insights vs. data
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
Benefits & Perks
- Stock options
- Periodic Team Lunches and Happy Hour
- Full pantry complete with coffee, a variety of drinks, cookies and healthy food options
- Employee Interest and Hobby Groups supported by the company
- Flexible working hours
- International work environment with start-up culture
FANDOM is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. The fan-trusted source in entertainment, FANDOM provides a home to explore, contribute to, and celebrate the world of pop culture. Whether looking for in-depth information on favorite fandoms or what’s buzzing in entertainment, FANDOM has your pop culture curiosities covered through fan-expert knowledge and carefully curated and fun, original multi-platform content.
FANDOM has a global audience of almost 200 million monthly uniques and encompasses over 400,000 fan communities. We currently feature more than 55 million pages of content, inclusive of video.