Fandom is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. The fan-trusted source in entertainment, Fandom provides a home to explore, contribute, and celebrate the world of pop culture. Whether looking for in-depth information on favorite fandoms or what’s buzzing in entertainment, Fandom has your pop culture curiosities covered through fan-expert knowledge and carefully curated and fun, original multi-platform content.
Fandom has a global audience of over 300 million monthly uniques and encompasses over 350,000 fan communities delivering over 2 billion page-views every month on more than 40 million pages of content.
Vice President of Engineering
About your role
- To be successful in this role a candidate must embody the "servant leadership" mentality and build on a culture of empowerment and success in your team
- Leverage your experience building large scale consumer products to drive engineering decisions for an audience of millions of consumers every day
- Engage in the product roadmap development process by partnering with product management and other functions across the business such as sales, marketing, community, etc.
- Ensure product delivery obsessively aligns with customer value creation
- Drive goals with stakeholders across our organization to build world-class services. through productivity and efficiency that obsessively aligns with customer value creation and builds a culture of delivering results
- Engage and align top talent through strong recruitment, mentoring, and hands-on software engineering leadership
- Collaborate with your peers and management to standardize methods and processes across engineering
- Drive recruitment and leveling-up talent on your team
- Inspire your teams with an in-depth knowledge of your reports and understanding of project requirements and business objectives.
- Seek development opportunities and mentor team leaders to excel and grow in their roles.
We are looking for people who …
- Spent 5+ years as a hands-on engineer, 5+ additional years in a senior leadership (Director, VP) role leading multiple teams across multiple products and technologies & have demonstrated technical leadership.
- Experienced project and budget management in a variety of company sizes and styles where you can leverage the best aspects of each.
[This is a global leadership role for a seasoned Engineering Leader, not a first executive role for a great Engineering Manager.]
- Know and apply agile project management methodologies, system design principles, and architectural discipline.
- Have proven experience in building high-performance teams and scalable engineering best practices to build world-class consumer products.
- Get involved in technical discussions to help guide teams towards the right implementation
- Recommending technological developments and improvements on efficiency.
- Have worked in an international company with remotely managed teams with flexible hours.
- Communicate fluently in both written and spoken English.
- Are ready to travel internationally up to 20% of the time.
- Our ideal candidate is a hands-on technical leader who has built and managed the commercial SaaS/Software Development from conception to launch, and through multiple iterations, version and releases of the solution.
Bonus points if you have...
- Experience working with US companies.
- Understand the principles of the online advertising business.
- Have worked on and/or built large scale customer-facing online services/platforms.