About this Role
At Fandom, a Gaming Content Producer plays a key role in spearheading coverage of video games, in both written and video formats. This role works closely with the Content team as well as the branded team to generate robust content plans in advance of upcoming tentpole games, console releases, and other special events related to gaming. This role manages the creation of editorial and video pieces from ideation through execution, writing pieces as well as assigning to outside contractors or staff, tracking to delivery, and ensuring all work is completed with a high bar for quality. This role works closely with the larger video and editorial team to share resources and help plan out agendas with long lead times to best prepare ahead for what’s in the works.
- Brainstorm ongoing coverage of video games, coming up with potential features (written and video) for upcoming releases
- Come up with recurring concepts and features for both video and print gaming coverage that can be used repeatedly for different franchises and games
- Write stories or copy for video for Fandom video game coverage
- Work closely with the Branded Content team on applicable content, ensuring adherence to guidelines and deadlines
- Build a dependable group of writers, video editors, and other talent and assign stories, scripts, and video production to them as needed.
- A deep passion for video games
- 5+ years of editorial or digital production experience
- Strong storytelling and writing skills
- Expertise in a wide variety of video games
- An eagle-eye for accuracy and detail
- A track record of communicating effectively with writers, producers, talent, crew, and anyone else involved in productions
- A command of editorial and production terminology and procedures
- An ability to juggle multiple projects to hit deadlines on time and on budget
- Digital video production skills including knowledge of physical and post-production workflow, ability to direct and execute video content
- Experience working with writers, video editors and talent
- Contacts across gaming space that are experts in various consoles, genres and that can become regular contributors
- Notable expertise and knowledge about video games across platforms
Bonus Points if You Have...
- Experience building &/or launching games
Benefits & Perks
- Stock options
- Training based on business needs
- Flexible working hours
- Open, energetic and fan-focused, international work environment
- Miscellaneous perks such as wellness programs, swag, etc.
Fandom is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. The fan-trusted source in entertainment, Fandom provides a home to explore, contribute to, and celebrate the world of pop culture. Whether looking for in-depth information on favorite fandoms or what’s buzzing in entertainment, Fandom has your pop culture curiosities covered through fan-expert knowledge and carefully curated and fun, original multi-platform content.
Fandom has a global audience of almost 300 million monthly unique users and encompasses over 400,000 fan communities. We currently feature more than 55 million pages of content, inclusive of video. Our Fandom values are:
- We serve a global community.
Connection with our fans, creators, and partners is at our core, and it’s grounded by our active efforts of inclusion.
- We build experiences.
We imagine, improve, and deliver solutions.
- We bring joy.
We celebrate our fandoms, our teammates, and the work we do.
Fandom is an Equal Opportunity Employer