About your role:
If you are looking to use your knowledge of data engineering to enhance the user experience and to guide the business decisions in a renowned entertainment company, this is the job you have been looking for. The role of Senior Data Engineer at Fandom opens you to a vast, growing, dynamic social universe. Help us better understand and serve the largest population of the most knowledgeable fans on the planet.
In the newly established data department, you will be able to grow your career on the same path: fast! This is the ideal time to join Fandom.
- Manage and evolve a performant data infrastructure, processing the data both in batch and near-real time modes
- Write data processing pipelines that gather and clean terabytes of data each day from multiple sources (e.g. clickstream logs)
- Manage cloud-based AWS Data Lake storing 2.5+ Petabytes of data used by business analysts and data scientists in their daily work
- Architect new data solutions for internal stakeholders
- Monitor the data quality and the data availability to give confidence in our numbers
- Partner with Data Science to industrialize their prototypes and AI/ML models
- Work with Software Engineers to feed data to services and other products
- an experienced (4+ years) Data Engineer or related (e.g. Python Backend Developer, Machine Learning Engineer, Cloud Computing Architect, etc.)
- proficient in Python and SQL
- experienced working on Cloud platforms, preferably AWS
- familiar with Hadoop stack
- interested in the entertainment industry
- fluent in Polish and English (both written and verbal)
Bonus points if you…
- have Master’s/PhD in the field of Computer Science or related (Data Science/Maths/Econometrics or similar)
- have experience in collaborating with, or mentoring data scientists or ML engineers. Ideally in the area of deployment and monitoring ML models on production
- are proficient in writing Apache Spark code in either Scala or Python
- are experienced with DevOps/DataOps (e.g. Docker + Kubernetes, Apache Airflow, Terraform, Jenkins + CI/CD for Data Engineering pipelines)
Benefits & Perks
- MacBook Pro and all the gear you need for work
- Free access to a multitude of popular online courses and books sponsored by the company
- An on-demand budget for education, training, and conferences
- Company stock options
- Company swag packages
- Cafeteria Benefit Program (including private medical care, gym membership, shopping/wellness bonus, etc.)
- VTO (Voluntary Time Off) - a day off every quarter for volunteering non-profit
- Frequent team bonding events
- Flexible work hours & time-off
- Employee Interest and Hobby Groups supported by the company
- Open, energetic and fan-focused, international work environment
Fandom is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. Fandom has a global audience of almost 300 million monthly unique users and encompasses over 400,000 fan communities. We currently feature more than 55 million pages of content, inclusive of video. Our Fandom values are:
- We serve a global community.Connection with our fans, creators, and partners is at our core, and it's grounded by our active efforts of inclusion.
- We build experiences.We imagine, improve, and deliver solutions.
- We bring joy.We celebrate our fandoms, our teammates, and the work we do.
Fandom is an Equal Opportunity Employer