Wikia values the privacy of users, subscribers, publishers, members, and others who visit and use the Services (collectively or individually, “you” or “users”) and wants you to be familiar with how we collect, use, and disclose personal information from and about you.
For purposes of data protection laws, Wikia, Inc., located at 149 Montgomery St., 3rd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105, is the “data controller” of your information with respect to data collected pursuant to the Services.
You may share personal information when using the Services. One example is when you provide information about yourself as part of the account creation process. Another is when you take certain actions on the Services that are public or intended to be public in nature, such as when you participate in a chat room, post profile information, or follow a channel. Given the social nature of some of the Services, that information may be collected, used, or disclosed by others who are part of that social interaction. In addition, some features of the Services are designed to provide others with information about user activity. We encourage you to be mindful of this when considering your activity on the Services.
Personal Information We Collect About You
We obtain information about you through the means discussed below when we provide the Services. Please note that we need certain types of information so that we can provide the Services to you. If you do not provide us with such information, or ask us to delete it, you may no longer be able to access or use the Services.
- User-provided Information: You may provide a variety of information about yourself to us, such as your name, email address, postal mailing address, telephone number, credit card number, and billing information when you register for Services; upload, purchase, view, or download certain content or products from the Services; enter contests or sweepstakes; or otherwise use the features and functionality of the Services.
How We Use Personal Information
- We use such information to operate, maintain, enhance, provide, create, and develop all of the features, functionality, and services (new or existing) found on the Services; provide security for our websites, products, software, or applications; manage relationships with account holders, including making or receiving payment; improve your experience with the Services by providing content recommendations and by delivering content that we hope you will find relevant and interesting, including advertising and marketing messages; allow you to comment on content, and participate in online games, contests, or rewards programs; prevent fraud and abuse; and understand the usage trends of our users.
- We use your email address to communicate with you, including to notify you of major Services updates, for customer service purposes, or to contact you regarding any content that you have posted to or downloaded from the Services.
- We may periodically send promotional materials or notifications to you related to the Services. If you want to stop receiving promotional materials, you can go to your account settings once you have logged in to the Services or follow the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of any email from us. If you have installed a mobile app and you wish to stop receiving push notifications, you can change the settings either on your mobile device or through the app.
- In certain cases, we have a legal obligation to collect and process your personal information (such as our obligation to share data with tax authorities).
- We may also ask for your consent to process your personal information for a specific purpose that we communicate to you. When you consent to our processing your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time and we will stop processing of your data for that purpose.
- We will rely on legal grounds to process your personal information to the extent permitted by applicable law, which may include, without limitation: to honor contractual commitments, to take steps in anticipation of entering into contract, to fulfill legal obligations, your consent, and our legitimate interests.
When We Disclose Personal Information
We share such information as described below:
- We may make information available to our affiliates (meaning entities controlled by, controlling, or under common control with us).
- We may disclose user information if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to comply with U.S. state and federal laws or other applicable laws around the world (for example, in the country of your residence), or respond to a court order, judicial or other government request, subpoena, or warrant in the manner legally required.
- We also reserve the right to disclose information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to protect us from potential liability or from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses; investigate and defend ourselves against third-party claims, or allegations; protect the security or integrity of the Services; or protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our users, or others.
Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Data Subject Rights and Your Choices
You may decline to share certain information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality found on the Services. If you have created an account, depending on the service, you may be able to update your profile information and preferences or disable your account by logging in and going to the settings page. For requests to review, update, delete, or otherwise limit our use of information that you have provided directly to us, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org. In your request, please include your email address, name, address, and telephone number and specify all relevant background. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access or making corrections to your information. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times.
Residents of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), can exercise certain data subject rights available to them under applicable data protection laws. We will comply with requests to exercise these rights in accordance with applicable law. Please note that in some circumstances, we may need to keep processing your information for certain legitimate interests or to comply with a legal obligation. If these rights apply to you, they may permit you to request that we:
- Obtain access to or a copy of certain personal information we hold about you
- Prevent the processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes (including any direct marketing processing based on profiling)
- Update personal information that is out of date or incorrect
- Delete certain personal information we hold about you
- Restrict the way that we process and disclose specific personal information about you
- Transfer your personal information to a third-party provider of services
- Revoke consent that you previously provided for the processing of your personal information
If applicable, you may make a complaint to the data protection supervisory authority in the country where you are based. Alternatively, you may seek a remedy through local courts if you believe your rights have been breached.
Account Closure & Deletion
Third-Party Services and Websites
If you connect to a third-party service (such as Facebook, Twitter, or another third-party application) through the Services or otherwise link your account with a third-party service, you are requesting and authorizing us to share or grant access to information on your behalf (such as your username, the fact that your connection originated from the Services, and other relevant usage and diagnostic information) with such third party. We may also send information about your activities on the Services to such third parties. For example, we may make information available to app developers, game developers, and game publishers to facilitate purchases and awards of digital goods, such as games and in-game items.
Advertisers and Analytics Providers
We may use third-party Web analytics services in connection with the Services, such as those of Google Analytics, and its advertising features. These service providers use a variety of tracking technologies such as cookies to analyze how users use the Services. The information collected (described above in “Automatically Collected Information”) will be collected directly by these service providers to evaluate your use of the Services. For more information on how Google Analytics uses data from our websites and how you can control the information sent to Google, see https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites. To learn about opting out of Google Analytics, see https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Because these opt outs are cookie-based, please note that if you get a new computer or device, install or start using a new browser, or erase or alter your browser’s cookie file, you may need to opt out again.
We may allow advertisers, third-party advertising networks and third-party advertising serving companies to serve advertisements directly to you within the Services and other sites, services and software. By serving these advertisements directly to you, these companies can set their own cookies on your computer and trigger their own Web beacons and other tracking technologies to measure the effectiveness of their advertisements, and to collect and track information such as demographic information, inferred interests, aggregated information, and activity to assist them in personalizing the advertising content delivered to you. We do not provide information that is intended to identify you personally to these third-party ad servers or ad networks without your consent. However, if you respond to an advertisement that targets a certain audience (for example, males age 20 to 25 who have participated in certain promotions), the advertiser or ad-server may conclude that you fit the description of the audience that they were trying to reach.
Do Not Track
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. We are committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information collected on our website for third-party purposes, and that is why we provide the Network Advertising Initiative, Your Online Choices and the Digital Advertising Alliance opt-out links above. However, we do not recognize or respond to browser-initiated DNT signals.
We use a variety of managerial, technical, and physical measures to protect the integrity and security of your information. These measures may vary based on the sensitivity of your information. However, no security precautions or systems can be completely secure. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. We cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
Retention of Your Information
IF YOU ARE UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE, THEN PLEASE DO NOT USE OR ACCESS THE SERVICES AT ANY TIME OR IN ANY MANNER.
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, we do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information (as defined by the United States Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act) from persons under 13 years-of-age. If we learn that personal information of persons under 13 has been collected on or through the Services, we will take appropriate steps to delete this information.
If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child under 13 who has become a Services member, then please contact us at email@example.com to have that child’s account terminated and personal information deleted.
For residents of the EEA, where processing of personal information is based on consent, we will not knowingly engage in that processing for users under the age of consent established by applicable data protection law. If we learn that we are engaged in that processing with such users, we will halt such processing and will take reasonable measures to promptly remove applicable information from our records.
Merger or Sale
In the event that we, or some or all assets related to the Services are acquired by or merged with a third-party entity or in connection with a contemplated change of ownership transaction, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from users as part of that merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control event, including in the course of diligence.
International Data Transfers
We have a Data Protection Officer to assist with all queries regarding our processing of personal information; Wade Warren who can be contacted at c/o Wikia, Inc., 149 New Montgomery St, 3rd Floor, San Francisco CA 94105; Email: DPO@fandom.com; Phone: (415) 980-5647. If you have any complaints about the Services, please contact us at: Address: 149 New Montgomery St, 3rd Floor, San Francisco CA 94105 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: (415) 762-0780
We will respond to your inquiry within 30 days of its receipt. If you are a California resident, you may have this same information emailed to you by sending a letter to the foregoing address with your email address and a request for this information.
California Privacy Rights
California law permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed their personal information (as defined by applicable California law) for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of personal information disclosed to those parties. We do not currently disclose personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
D&D Beyond App
www.gamepedia.com and associated apps
innkeeper.com & Innkeeper App
Innkeeper Twitch Extension
muthead.com and the Muthead app